WTF does Ficky do?

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by FickySiskers, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Well, here it is, my perpetual conundrum. I laid claim to a guest bedroom it's a 11x10 and I had to leave the bed and use it for some storage. I have (2) 12" intakes that supply fresh air 24/7 365. I've ghetto fabbed, with duct and aluminum tape, those 12" fans that you get in 2 packs from the box stores. The room is under constant positive pressure. Exhaust is handled via carbon filter and a 170cfm inline pushing out through the hood. The room just received new upgrades. I got a free new in box 1k dimable digital ballast with a new Hortilux. I splurged and bought a lightrail. I moved the LED (ds300) back to veg area and eliminated 1 light. I will also not use anymore electricity than I've been allocated. I still need to dial in what I'm doing to maximize the duct runs but right now I can touch the glass and not fry myself.

Now to the meat. Currently I'm running Soma's Buddha's Sister. I have 4 plants each in #15 smart pot SIP 2 in each pan. Here is the setup

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-...nbs-self-wicking-smartpot-ghetto-setup-2.html

These are then LST for about 50-60 days. One unit comes out, one goes in. No-till, h20 only with the occasional neem tea. The strains I've been running recently are finishing about 4-5 ft above the soil line. The current plants are at 8 weeks and 4 weeks since flip.

Veg area, next one ready to go in another just started. Some GGA's that aren't happy me at the moment.

Well that's it in a nutshell. Next up IRG.

Attached Files:

2. FIRST!

Looking good man loving the huge Smarties!

3. That's so funny, I just got caught up on your journal. Sub'd up this morning. Glad to have ya Brother.

4. DOH!!!! That's what I get for looking away for a minute HAGGARD!!! ;)

THANK YOU Ficky (Sticky)...on behalf of many other 'blades' I thank you as well. Your advice and tidbits here and there have been invaluable to me, and having a spot to put them all?? Priceless imo :D

You da man ;) NICE start btw (it's a jungle in there!)..subbed, fo shore. :wave:

5. Ficky! Soo good to see a journal from you finally! Did you just get the 1k setup today?

6. Yeeesssss! Party ppl!!!!! Subbed:D

7. Thanks everyone, glad to see so many familiar faces.

Gilly, no I've been collecting everything for a while. I got some stuff mounted up a few weeks ago only to realize that my ancient hood has what looks like a common hood mogul plug but the third post was up instead of down. Had to rewire the hood with a new cord and replaced the mogul in the process.

I do miss the CMH bulbs though. That spectrum is awesome, but I wanted to get more penetration to maximize the space. So when I got the offer for the 1k I was all over it.

8. #10 mindismoving, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    x

9. Subbed, digging the setup!

10. I've been wondering when the hell you were going to start a journal! I'm here and I may have packed a few pre-rolls :ey:

11. Subbin! All ya franz are here! :D

12. Count me in! Looking good so far!

Peace :wave:

13. :wave: lookin good in here.

14. Subbed! Nice setup!

15. Thanks everyone! Nice to have so many well wishers.

Not much of an update, but took some clones yesterday. And had a piece of sheet metal try and take off my finger. Nine stitches later, I'm bandaged up and back in action. However, this put a minor obstacle in getting some soil re amended and cycling for the next round. Oh well, shit happens, this gimp will get er done this week.

16. Super gimp!!!! A least it wasn't your green thumb!:D

17. Ficky,

Glad to see you still have all 8 fingers attached :wave:. heal up and we'll be kickin back enjoying the view!

Ill still be checking in regularly on gc even on vacation. No better way :)