Week 2 Veg DWC Questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Josleahy, Apr 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hey all!

I’m new here! I have some hydroponics experience, but this this is my first DWC Grow, and first cannabis grow, so go easy on me!

This is a bubble berry hemp strain, transplanted into a 6 Gallon DWC bucket 9 days ago. I just did the first water change yesterday. I brought the nutrient ppm up to about 600, but after pH balancing with GH up&down, I’m at about 850 overall.

Something doesn’t look right to me, especially with the first set of leaves on the bottom. I’m wondering if you can help me diagnose what might be going on.

I’m trying to maintain pH 5.8, but seems to always drift higher, and adding the pH balancing liquid really throws of the overall PPM.

As for the environment, averages so far are as follows:
    Average Air temp: 71.6
    Average RH: 42.4
    Water temp: 68

Thanks for any info!

Attached Files:

2. In my opinion, you're humidity is low for veg. Your PPMs (what scale Is your meter) are too high for a plant that young. should be more like 400 max in my opinion especially with the humidity that low.

Looks like your leaf tips are curling down, often a sign of unhappy roots. Could be pH could just be over fed ...........

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. it's probably your hydroton raising your ph if you didn't presoak it. It will drift for a while you'll just have to battle it. Also just put the proper amount of ph down in so you don't need the ph up.

I don't worry about humidity too much, I grow in 20% and have no issues with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 850 ppm is too much, and will cause the unhappy leaves you have.
    I agree that the hydroton might be causing trouble.
    Reducing food and light until leaves look happy will fix many problems.

5. Thanks i’ll definitley reduce ppm and see how that works!

6. 400ppm n 55-65% humidity

left ph drift from 5.6 to 6.3. Don’t add ph every day

7. Good to know. I have a little humidifier in there but it can only get the tent to like 45% max

• Like Like x 1
  8. Noted. Thanks. I took the ppm down to 500 last night but I’ll reduce a bit further and see how it goes

9. A plant that size I would have at 200 250ppm max.

have it's roots even made contact with water yet?
    by it's growth, I say not too much.

800 is where I at about 6 weeks.
    less is better or planets get hurt