Vatican says "no" to gay marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Should we expect cancel culture to go after the church? Any chance this stance is going to backfire? I wonder how gay Christians react to this news.

2. Is anyone surprised by this?

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. IMO its time they left scene anyhow - nothing but headaches for anyone for thousands of years.

And no - I wouldn’t expect any differently.

j

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can’t cancel culture the church lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Not in the slightest........

6. Like I give a shit about a church who harbors and protects pedophiles.........they're worse than the sickos they protect.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Religion has caused more deaths than anything in history, they feed off of hate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. "They are the sickos they protect"

Fixed it for ya ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The whole "no gays" thing comes down to this. Some ancient priests wanted to increase their power, which means having a larger flock to rule over. The one thing that a gay couple can't do is produce more members for the tribe!

I wish more folks could differentiate between the "priest talk" and the "God talk" in the bible (or any other religious book, for that matter)! The "priest talk" increases the power and privileges of the priesthood (no gays, polygamy is great, and lots of "sin offerings"), while "God talk" makes you a better person (Love thy neighbor as thyself).

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. If there's anything they should, it should probably be churches (all/any)
    Children are indoctrinated and told that any independent thought on the matter is WRONG.
    Questioning is always met with the "shut up" of the religious world - "mysterious ways".
    Judgement and hypocrisy forever runs rife.
    Any bad they do just gets brushed under the carpet and/or ignored, like it's a free pass.

I mean, I guess you could consider the original reformation something like them getting cancelled in the past?

As for the gay marriage thing...firstly, not a scrap of surprise was seen here today.

For the life of me, I don't understand how gay people who have lived under/been raised under a religion (a religion that does nothing but talk shit like they're going to go to hell and shuns them)...would want to be any longer associated with, or married under such a system anyways?

I do often ponder this and wonder if it's not just a bit of a "fuck you" to the church, like "we won, we made 'em do it" kind of thing...are we sure that's not coming into it just a lil bit?
    If so, it's not really a battle you want to win...marriage under a church, is like, one step closer to 'em, not away.
    I mean if ever you were gonna get a cursed marriage, it'd be from an institution who largely wants nothing to do with you and yours...?

I do also completely understand on the other edge of that is the importance of equality, and I totally get that...if one group of people can do one thing, it shouldn't stop others.
    It's religion innit? Backwards. Name one other place where such inequality is out on display.

I think my gay ppl would be better off completely abandoning the churches/religions that shun them, get your life out of their reach...I honestly think the way churches (at least those I've observed) treat gay people and the regard and respect they afford them is fucking disgusting.
    Hell, I refused to marry through them and I had the straight ticket.
    Fuck 'em all.

Find religion, and spirituality in your own journey...don't let some stuffy archaic organisation of assholes run you.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. Yes, fuck the church of course.

I would not seek any form of validation from such a morally corrupt institution.

But I do understand why some may seek it. There are some LGBTQ people out there that are still apart of the church, and they’ve been continuously edged by the pope making them think the church would finally accept them and possibly absolve them for their “sin”.

12. That's a sad way to be living...though yeah, the way things get hammered into your head when you're involved in a religion at a young age eh. Stuff sticks with you. I hope these folks will one day be free of all that.
    Sin is a man made concept.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Are you sure about that? Seems like they have cancelled a ton of things recently.

What do you think is going to happen to the church if its values no longer align with the overwhelming majority?

14. So lemme get this straight..

Diddling little boys = fine

Marrying someone you love and are in a consensual relationship with = bad

Am I missing something?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Indeed. It's a pretty good position to be in.

You are not God, you do not speak for God.. you just translate the messages from god the way you think they should be interpreted.

Church as in institution and the organized religion are really quite evil and the depth of their evil ways goes all the way to hell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. No, but a little while ago we had this gem..

Vatican breaks silence, explains pope’s civil union comments

“Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God,” Francis said. “You can’t kick someone out of a family, nor make their life miserable for this. What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered.”

Francis’ comments about gays having the right to be in a family referred to parents with gay children, and the need for them to not kick their children out or discriminate against them, the Vatican guidance said.

--

I guess civil union is acceptable, it's all semantics, isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. I bet alot of alter boys are happy , or does this rule not apply to priests ?

18. They should cancel church

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. What is already happening I suppose. People leaving the church, questioning their faith and the value churches hold.

Sounds good to me though, next thing we should talk about is taxing them haha.

We are a long way from that though.

20. Are you talking about Islam? Seems people cower from that debate.

As an atheist I appreciate people have the freedom to worship or not as they please in my nation. Don't force your religion on me and I won't push my beliefs on you.

The thing is, there is more than one place to get spiritual help. Go where you are welcome.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1