Vaping Shatter In My RDA?

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by KingGreen420, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Hello, everyone this is my first post so hopefully I'm in the right section and everything.

Anyway my guy has been trying to sell me some shatter but I don't have a rig, so I was wondering if I could just melt the dab into my regular coils?

2. No. Don't do that. You'd be wasting more product then you would be vaping. In all honesty just see if you can grab a cheepo rig anything is better than using an Addy. Personal experience, an from a buddy that works in a vape shop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I plan on stopping by a local pawn shop to see if they have anything cheap but I'm not sure. I don't mind having to clean out the atomizer everyday since I do that anyway. My only concerns are how much I'd be wasting and am I going to ruin the rda?

4. Ya it should work fine if you melt it into the coils

5. Used to use my drippers for wax all the time (well I'd used 1 for it) and yeah it works but always got combustion not vapor. Wasn't worried about it though it got the job done and looked inconspicuous since I don't smoke, even got away with claiming it was a weed flavored juice lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. What do you mean by combustion? I set one aside for concentrates but I never had any issue with combustion. Just a mouth full of hot oil if I forgot to melt it into the coil

EDIT:
    Now that I look at mine it might be combustion. Seems to leave a black residue on my coils probably just ash. Oh well I'm gonna load up another dab and forget about it lol

7. For mine I was running .3ohm Dual Coil on a unregulated box. But wasn't worried about combustion with it. However I have been wanting to build a dry herb tank

8. Oh wow yeah thats alot of heat haha I run mine on big coils usually 22g or Clapton's but I find lower wattages like around 50 seem to work the best because it's enough to vape the wax if you pulse it but wont burn much juice. I can easily go through 30+mls a day if I run it higher just to keep the cotton saturated

Sent from my XT1650 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Oh yeah and if you have the time you can fabricate a chamber for the herb above the coils and when you hit it the hot air should pull through and vape it but I'm not 100 percent sure on that

10. Lol yeah I was using 24g macro coils. It was pretty much just messing around at that point though, also used it for a thc/vg mix that a friend had made up. Worked decent for that.
    Yep that's already the plan lol had started last winter on converting an old orchid rta to dry herb. Came close but had some work to do on it still, hardest problem was getting the herb close en9ugh to the coils without combusting.. had it working once but then fucked it up

11. I wish I had access to a good mix but I get some fire crumble. The only issue I have is once I start its like I can't get high enough like I'll pick up a gram and end up going through it in about 2 hours. I'm probably just so high that I don't even know it haha but I still get them just for the open eye visuals

12. I do it all the time. It's less wasteful than the oil stick pens you find at dispensaries.

An RDA will give you a big ass hit. Only issue (not for me) is that the cotton needs e liquid.

I have a new wax pen with dual quartz coils. It hit well but not as in your face as a 70 watt box mod with a tugboat dripper.

13. That's awesome I've been contemplating buying a oil pen but I can about 3 or 4 huge hits before it hits the ejuice. Sometimes I feel like there's a barrier stopping me from getting any higher and I always end up going through the whole stash in a night trying to get to that point. Next time I pick up I'm going to ration it out and vape like .5 or so to the face and see how that gets me

14. [​IMG]
    I didn't get the my first one emptied before we started on working up refilling the empty my buddy had..
    [​IMG]
    Small starts but holy mother.. As a grower I can turn out as much high grade dry ice kief from bud as I want.. Already turn much of into coconut oil caps so this is just one more concentrate method for me..
    [​IMG]
    Dry ice hash-kief.. Off the shelf 0 mg juice and a small hand torch with this really thick wall jar.. A dropper of 151 ever clear to 2 droppers of juice and a pea sized blob of kief seems to do the trick..
    [​IMG]
    I keep thinking I need a bigger hit but after 2 or 3 tokes I stagger off and forget what I was going to do.. Ya like I need a bigger damn hit.. LOL
    Show your rigs and teach this old dog about personal vapes as I'm sure the dispensary's are using decade or older devices.. I have to say the push button tech makes taking a public toke just to fucking easy and using off the shelf flavored juice the current one smells of raspberries more then anything..
    BNW

15. Mind you, I don't use the RDA at home, I have oil rigs for that.

When you're out with friends and need that hit, the RDA will give you a good strong high, just not oil rig high, unless you take like 5 hits in a row.

16. Sugardrizzle is soo good! I was on that for a while until I found a website that sells the same tasting juice for like 1/4 the price. Cuttwood is a rip off.
    Bird brain is also good, could not find a replicate of that one, so I used that one seldom.

17. I'll have to get some pics tomorrow night of what I use. But since I already vape I just toss it into my dripper and no one ever knows. Nothing like walking past a police station toking without having to worried about getting stopped however I'm sure everyone knows how blazed I am. I could make a gram last a week but going through it in a day is just to much fun. Out here in pa it's really hard to find a good connection I know my dealer rips me off but he's the only one that has concentrates so theres not much I can do haha

18. That's where I always mess up. I'll take a hit or two then get distracted for awhile

19. Then it's working!