Underrated artists/bands

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Burrito Wizard, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Not every band (/artist) is destined for mainstream commercial success and thus many great songs are swept under the rug. Only for some lucky few to stumble upon at random.

So who do you listen to that you don't think got the recognition they deserved? Any genre.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I think dinosaur jr. although pretty well known were underrated also Jawbreaker/Jets to Brazil (same singer). Some very hard hitting stuff from them. Could think of others no doubt but I listen to a lotta 90s/alternative rock stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I listened to alot of 90's but dinosaur jr. slipped by me...I remember they were on the judgement night soundtrack though...ever hear this one with del the funky homosapian? That whole soundtrack is full of great mashups of 90's bands...hell...I guess I think that soundtrack is underrated lol. All those great bands of different genres doing songs together...good stuff. It's like a glimpse into a weird dimension of music crossovers...and probably the inspiration for some future rock/rap and crossovers.

I thought 4 nonblondes/linda perry was under rated too...they just had the one hit wonder, but that whole album is great imo. Linda went on to write songs for famous ppl and stuff..but it's too bad we only got one album from the band.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nah never heard that its pretty dope though! You should definitely give them a listen J mascis is a modern day Hendrix imo. For real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. One word or name I should say. Gotye.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. qveen herby. I'm slowly introducing her music to people.

• Winner Winner x 1

7. You Introduce Me to Her as Well Sis Iain Ever Heard Her Songs until You Post them an I am Feelin Her Music tho FrFr! So Thank You Demi!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Oh and Jack Johnson of course if you haven’t heard of him...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I've been digging this band since my friend brought them up to me a few months ago.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Same I discovered them a few weeks ago on spotify.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Vash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Yes ma’am. It’s a good band. Just not many people have heard of them as far as I know. Shame shame lol.... there are tons of bands that don’t get wide recognition but some that I know don’t want it.... all of that punk rock and jazz! F the mainstream haha.

• Winner Winner x 1

13. If you aren’t from the South(US) then you might not have fallen into Morgan but it really is good music. Here is track one. Enjoy!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. In terms of hip hop

Phonte of Little Brother
    The Game
    Royce (he is getting more attention now though especially after the Grammy nod)

And also Gary Clark Jr is also amazingly under appreciated