Transplanting thread

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Papa Puff, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Hey Blades,
    So i was running out of pots this run. I planted 33 seeds and it got crazy a month later. So my plants in the 3 gal plastic are half the size of the 5 gal fab pots. But anyways, there is alot of discussion about when to transplant! Or to start in big final pots. So I have gotten pretty good at transplanting. So I will do a auto run this spring and I will definitely test all that out. So i bought into the dont transplant autos thing. The only reason I don't like starting in final pots is I like to get 15 plants under one light during veg instead of using 2 lights.
    So i like to pre make my pots. I will put the exact pot size in the new one and make a mold. Than u can sprinkle ur mykos on bottom. So here is what it looks like! So I like to dispel the myths. Here is my molds look like before I transplant! Let's all be nice and leave ur opinions on here! I'm doing this so people can learn! 20190930_111731.jpg 20191003_085028.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  2. So i have found these round 1 gals pots are the best to start in. The plants come out the easiest.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So this week I took my plants out of the 3 gals and put them in 10 gals. The root structures broke up but when I got them into the 10 gals. I put soil on them immediately. So once it gets over 1 gal they are hard to get them out right. U really have to wait till they are rootbound damn near and pots are dry. But I don't let that stuff bother me. I haven't seen ill effects or a slow down. Square pots I have to cut them out with shears

• Like Like x 1
  4. So my point is once u get ur transplanting down, don't be afraid to transplant

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. So i think the reason why people will tell u not to transplant autos is do to there shorter life and flowering within 30 days normally. But in my opinion most autos take just as long. So u can stunt any weed plant. Not just autos. I think guys will say u leave autos alone so they will get as big as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. One tip is like OP stated wait till the medium is dry so the rootball doesn't come out in clumps and then I like to flip em upside down and slide the pot off and check roots. If the roots are swirling around the outside of the rootball at the edge of the pot is ready. If there's a few making it to the outside you can wait.

• Like Like x 1