Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tightness in Shoulder Blades/Lowerback

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Buglight, Mar 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Been a 5 year smoker for the most part. About year and a half ago I started to develop some symptoms after smoking such as muscle ache/tightness. The kind you get from sleeping wrong or working out. Now this does not occur EVERYTIME I smoke however it is often. Sometimes more obvious than the last time. I try and stay hydrated for the most part but that does not always help. Usually a hot shower or lying down helps.

The main issue is that I can’t find too many with this exact issue on Reddit( I haven’t really looked further until now). Has anyone experienced this? Is my body just letting me know I need to relieve tension or something? Even if this doesn’t occur to you some resources would be great thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Most of us oldies find that Cannabis masks a wide range of major and minor aches and pains. But like any drug individual effects can vary wildly and you can become sensitized to it with an adverse reaction.

Experiment is the only way to know for sure. Keep a journal-notebook and record when it happens. What you ate before hand, anything you can think of related.

Change up your method of ingestion from inhalation to tinctures or edible oils.

Finally, Try a lower grade Cannabis with something in the 15% range. I find the high end Live Rosin dabs with almost zero CBD wind me up in a ball and I wind tighter the more I dab.
    I've learned to mix in a few tokes of my Homegrown when taking Dabs with my neighbor keeps me mellowed and I avoid that wound up effect. A few drops of CBD oil has the same effect of taking the to sharp edge off the stone.

This would fit that pattern of not every time.

Ehhhhh that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There are strains that can increase my pain. It doesn't last long though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to the joys of getting older. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. When people take huge hits, that is an action that you don't normally do. So your using muscles you don't normally use. Sometimes they react. You did not say why you got sore, but I suspect it was. And like @DaPhats said better get used to it, lol.

For sore muscles I use a homemade cream that has mj, coconut oil and beeswax, along with anything else handy at the time that I think might help, like lavender oil, clove oil or the like. I have ruptured discs in my neck, with arthritis and after working hard my neck and shoulders get very sore. I take a medible followed by a hot shower using water to warm the area, then after drying off I use the cream, Then usually a short nap to let me relax and the medible to start working. Anyway works for me, and good luck to you.