Thoughts on the matter Guys !

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by 2BSelfEfficient, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Harvest time..Hanging the girls whole for slower dry time..The issue is , in 14 Days , I leave for 7 Days..What would a person do in this situation..I figure 10 days to properly dry whole..But that only leaves 4 Days..Thats not enough time..I guess dust is better than jars of mold..Thoughts on the Matter Guys..

2. You won't be around to burp the jars so yeah, you've just got to hang them.

3. I would find someone to burp your jars man. Also you are only leaving for 7 days.. I think you should be able to get it to a point where it can last 7 days without a burp by doing longer burps the first couple days. If you are 100% not willing to risk mold then I would get some type of tote that has a seal of some sort that way some air can exchange but not as much.. I do this when I am trimming by myself over multiple days. I use this one it has like a foam seal.
    20210410_013020.jpg

4. When I don't have stock on hand, I cure for 10 days, them use. It's always been fine. I use Boveda packs too. Just make sure the stems have a nice snap sound before jarring.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What's the humidity where you hang them?

6. I use a dehumidifier , so I can basically set the humidity to what's needed..

7. So would i just leave to to hang for the 14 Days or maybe 13..that left before I leave for 7..Then on the last day , snip them into the tote and seal it up ?

8. I would make sure to give yourself at least 2 days in the tote so you can see how much humidity it's holding.. clearly if it goes from dry to wet again after 24 hours you won't be able to leave it closed.. if you dry it for that long though I would think you will be fine after checking it for a day or 2.

9. I would stack you buds in paper bags inside Rubbermaid totes or trash cans the way BNW likes to recommend. Maybe he'll drop in and show you the way

10. Okay Cool..Thanks for the idea..Im gonna cut and hang them tomorrow..Then leave them hang until the 21st..Then I'll tote them up for the final 3 days before I leave.I found the exact totes at Wally World..Last , how full should I make each tote ? .Hopefully this all works out...

• Like Like x 1