The latest "Reefer Madness"- Nebraska Gov. Ricketts

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Mar 13, 2021.

1. I know there aren't that many of you from Nebraska, but this guy needs educating.

Nebraska Gov. Ricketts warns: 'If you legalize marijuana, you're going to kill your kids'

Nebraska Gov. Ricketts warns: 'If you legalize marijuana, you're going to kill your kids'

Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts has launched an aggressive campaign against the legalization of medical marijuana in his state, going as far as to warn residents that legalizing the drug would kill their children, even though it has never been linked to a fatal overdose.

"This is a dangerous drug that will impact our kids," Ricketts told reporters on Wednesday. "If you legalize marijuana, you’re gonna kill your kids. That’s what the data shows from around the country."

The Republican governor made the statement as the state legislature is considering a bill to legalize the use of cannabis if recommended by a health care practitioner. The legislation restricts the form of consumption to oils, pills or tinctures, and prohibits marijuana smoking, even in the patient's home.

Ricketts decried the legislation as a "dangerous" effort to go around the normal process of federal approval for a drug's use.

"Big pot, big marijuana is a big industry," Ricketts said. "This a big industry that is trying not to be regulated, to go around the regulatory process. And that's going to put people at risk: when you go around regulations that are designed for the health and safety of our society." (snipped for length)

And here's what the data shows-

“Overdose effects - No death from overdose of marijuana has been reported.” Drug Fact Sheet – Marijuana – DEA(dot)gov www.dea.gov/druginfo/drug_data_sheets/Marijuana.pdf

(And we all know that if there had been even ONE fatal cannabis overdose, the DEA would be screaming their heads off about it!)

Doesn't Gov rickets realize that in over 4,000 years of written medical history, there has yet to be a single recorded cannabis overdose fatality? Aspirin overdoses more kill people every year than cannabis overdoses have in the last few millennia! (And that opioid epidemic is still going on, even in places like Nebraska. :coolalt:)

Does cannabis legalization increase teen cannabis use? Not according to these-

“MEDlCAL MARlJUANA Laws and Teen Marijuana Use” http://ftp.iza.org/dp6592.pdf where they found "Marijuana consumption by Colorado high school students has dipped slightly since the state first permitted recreational cannabis use by adults, a new survey showed on Monday, contrary to concerns that legalization would increase pot use by teens. The biannual poll by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment also showed the percentage of high school students indulging in marijuana in Colorado was smaller than the national average among teens."

Not even recreational legalization causes an increase in teen use!

"Study: Teen Use of Marijuana Drops in States Where It Is Legal" https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...f-marijuana-drops-in-states-where-it-is-legal says "Recreational marijuana laws were associated with a 8% decrease in the likelihood of teens trying marijuana as well as a 9% reduction in the odds of frequent marijuana use, the study found."

But rickets is right about one thing- cannabis IS dangerous...that is if you are "Big Pharma" (or a big pharmaceutical stock holder)!

"Pills to Pot: Observational Analyses of Cannabis Substitution Among Medical Cannabis Users With Chronic Pain" (abst – 2019) https://www.jpain.org/article/S1526-5900(18)30735-1/fulltext

“Consistent with other observational studies, approximately 80% reported substituting cannabis for traditional pain medications (53% for opioids, 22% for benzodiazepines), citing fewer side effects and better symptom management as their rationale for doing so.”

Just in case you'd like to express your opinion like any good American.... :biggrin:

Gov. Pete Ricketts, P.O. Box 94848, Lincoln, NE 68509-4848
    Phone: 402-471-2244
    Fax: 402-471-6031
    Contact the Governor's Office

And to keep things balanced, here's a link to an article about attempt to legalize medical use in Nebraska- "Lawmakers Hear New Pitch for Medical Marijuana Legislation in Nebraska Lawmakers Hear New Pitch for Medical Marijuana Legislation in Nebraska

A Nebraska lawmaker who is a leading supporter of medical marijuana has warned her fellow senators that the issue will likely appear on the 2022 ballot if they don’t pass a legalization measure this year.

Sen. Anna Wishart, of Lincoln, said advocates will propose a one-sentence ballot measure through a citizen-led petition drive if the bill in the Legislature’s Judiciary Committee doesn’t become law. (snipped)

If you want to thank her for her efforts to legalize medical use-

Sen. Anna Wishart, District 27, Room 1308, P.O. Box 94604, Lincoln, NE 68509
    (402) 471-2632
    Email: awishart@leg.ne.gov

:thankyou:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. the 2 main arguments i see for fear mongers, "Think of the kids, they might die" and "BIG BLANK" doesn't matter if it's weed or jay walking the moment some one brings those 2 arguments to bat you know exactly what and who they are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Weed bad, something about “the children”, makes folks violent, GATEWAY, red ribbon, etc, yada, yada,. I feel like I’m in high school back in the good old drug war 80s again listening to this idiot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. man fuck them kids

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. How appropriate for your avatar. xd RIP Carlin.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. This fool goes on and on about "Big Pot." xd But he is clearly on the payroll of Big Pharma, Big Tobacco and the booze industry. Three companies that do not like the competition that pot brings to the table. I'd tell him to take his lies, propaganda and shove them up his limp dick ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. How much did the liquor lobby pay him to say that? :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. He's a lunatic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I agree. They work so much better in the mines when ya keep them drugged up.

If the mines aren’t your thing, heavy machinery is another good method of child labor. Their little fingers fit in amongst the gears better than adults do.

:love-m3j:

j

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Buddy ran an auto repair shop and swore the Japanese used children to assemble the cars as there was no way a grown human could get his hand in the places described in the repair manuals. :)

BNW

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. This totally reminds me of the movie Crazy People (1990).

Why do you think Sony is so good? :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. The Bible Belt runs right thru Lincoln.

• Like Like x 2
  13. This is why I worship Stolas, he doesn't give a fuck if I smoke pot or not. Though Stolas is supposed to be fond of herbs...

• Like Like x 1
  14. This is my first post. Fuck a pete ricketts.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Welcome to Grasscity!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. If this guy is anything like politicians in my country,facts and studies will be ignored. The only thing that matter is to look good afterwards. If people are against it they did not do it. If people want it then They have the solution...

Maybe we should switch from democracy to Plato's version of society (technocracy)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Black market dealers don't ask kids for there I.D. Legal weeds stores do. Are you sure this guy is not from Alabama?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. The only thing I am sure of is that the public should deal with lying and ignorant politicians. It really pisses me off that feelings should overrule facts and science.

On the other side, the people living under nixons time were heavily propaganda'ed.

Even today i can still hear the craziest things come out of normies mouths about cannabis. While they brag abaout getting drunk, rolling on the floor or entering wrong house. Because thats LOL.

The standard is low.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I lived most of my life in a blue state. No one there understands this type of thinking. Now living in a red state I seen some shit that would blow your fucking mind. Someone said if you take one hit you're a walking dead man. This person was in his 40's. So this is going to be a long uphill fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Most of the damage were done under nixon i believe. But critical thinking is not a new concept

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1