The ideal broke stoner daily?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by gking, Apr 13, 2021.

1. For far too long now I've been contemplating what would be the perfect vehicle for a broke pot head to own. I've considered dozens over the years and can confidently say I've figured it out from personal experience. I apologize for how long this is but I've put serious thought into this.

After much consideration my choice is the 7th generation Honda Accord (2003-2007) 2.4L (not the V6), either transmission option.

I based it on the following criteria:

- Affordability: Reasonably clean four banger 7th gens with minimal rust and less than 200,000 kms hold steady at ~$2000 give or take. Mine (pictured below) had 340,000 kms when I got it three years ago and I only paid $800. It's now sitting at 398,000 kms and going strong. It's also cheap to insure.

- Ability to blend in with traffic: It's a mid 2000's family sedan. It could be the only vehicle present to get you out of a horror movie situation and you still probably wouldn't even notice it. Mine has an insane amount of window tinting and some inappropriate stickers and I've never once gotten any heat for it.

- Ease of maintenance: While the K24A4 may have been a boat anchor of an engine it was built to such a standard that a perpetually broke pot head could neglect it with near impunity. Just change the oil every 8,000 kms and don't beat the piss out of it, you'll be fine.

- Comfort and usability: I'm a larger dude with odd proportions and I have never once had an issue getting comfortable in my car. The seats are supportive, there's decent leg room, the controls are simple and straightforward, and you can comfortably drive it while wearing bulky steel toe boots. It's also got a locking glove box.

- Fuel efficiency (weed is expensive): While it's nothing to write home about the fuel efficiency is respectable, even with a broken 02 sensor.

There are however some drawbacks:

- A/C problems: I have yet to drive one with working air conditioning. I tried fixing mine when I got it and not only did it not work, when I started it up the following morning there was a god awful bearing noise for about ten seconds and then my A/C clutch just fell out. Also the blower fans are not particularly well made.

- The factory radios are terrible. They're ugly, they break, and they're expensive to replace. Just install a single-din Bluetooth unit and call it a day.

- The keys are flimsy and break all the time. Stronger aftermarket keyfob cases are cheap and available everywhere though.

So, any thoughts on my choice or maybe some other potential contenders? I can't be the only one who ponders this.

Happy Tuesday! 20210413_130410.jpg 20210413_130424.jpg 20210413_130440.jpg

Smoke up. Let's Boo-Boo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    Dealers Car

[​IMG]
    Standard Vehicle since the 1950s any junkie used van will do since..

[​IMG]
    Used cop car the current ideal car, (at least since the Blues Bros film) easy to break the ice
    when being hassled by old cops

3. Dude, I had the pleasure of owning from brand new a 2006 Honda accord se. I loved this thing with all my heart until I wrecked it in 2017. Had the 4 cyl which never gave me a single problem in 160k miles. She had so much life left in her, I wish I had a picture. Damn, reminiscing and shit...

• Like Like x 1
  4. An older Japanese 4 banger is always a great cheap and reliable choice. Also older American v8s like the crown vic, lincolns, etc fit the bill too if you can afford the gas. Regarding the "stealth" aspect, early 00s/90s hondas and stuff can actually stand out to cops if you're in an area where people mostly drive newer cars. People think cause there's so many of them and they aren't fast that they'll blend right in, and in more ghetto areas u may but if you're going though a wealthy suburb or something you stand out.