The Church Strain Review and Smoke Report :)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Fresh Jive, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Strain: "The Church" by Green House Seeds

Growth: Soil: Roots Organics 50%, Own Compost 30%, Perlite 20%.

Light: 400 Watt MH/ HPS w/ Sunmaster Bulbs

Nutes: Technaflora B.C. Nutrients

Yield: Good but I don't have a scale to give an exact weight. (See Pictures and take a guess [​IMG])

Bag Appeal: 7/10
    - It's nice and green with plenty of red hairs but there is nothing dramatically special about it.

Smell: 8/10
    - When it is growing it smells like rose hips and lavender [​IMG] When it is dry it smells a lot more earthy. When you crack off a nug you can still smell a lot of floral.

Taste: 8/10
    - The Church smokes really smooth and burns slowly because it has a lot of resin. The taste is also earthy but actually reminds me a lot of Northern Lights.

The High: 9/10
    -The High is great because it is unusual. I thought it might be weak at first because it is a creeper! It kicks in hard after about 5 minutes and at first it knocks you down like a heavy Indica but eventually smoothes out and gives you a nice active body buzz. I was looking for something to go fishing with and The Church is a Perfect for fishing/ hiking/ camping [​IMG]

Comments:

-All in all it was a good Indoor plant, easy to grow, healthy, good genes, etc.
    Great plant to grow for beginners or anyone really. Not the most unique plant in the world but smokes really well and smells great.

*You may have seen a similar Review on another site by DownOnWax, that was my old SN :)*

PICS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. F##K , Nice looking herb my friend. has good eye appeal ;)

3. thanks for the great review.
    im doing the church too, got a good mother who im about to clone.
    everyone who grows this strain loves it:smoke:

4. hell yeah man,i just cut my church.iv had one of the buds dry for a few days now and i been smokin on it.yeah myns smelled earthy with a skunkish undertone.the taste is hard to decribe.taste aswome though.i didnt htink i was gonna care for it either but you summed it up good with "its not unique" but damn goo dnone the less.i plant to keep it around a few more rounds.

does yours high wear off quiker then others? myn has a damn damn nice punchy heah high at first that creeps in to a stoney indica high.i stay high for a good while but compared to some of my other smokes.its some good stoney weed though none the less.good report man :smoke:

5. I have to spread rep around before giving it to Fresh Jive again. Nice report. Great pictures.

6. Thanks for the kind replies my friends :)

There are some folks out there that talk shit about GHS seeds but from my personal experience they have created a winner with the Church.

Glad you all enjoyed the report!

~ Fresh

7. Did you use C02 for this grow?

8. yeah personally im not a big fan of ghs,but the church is forsure a winner.i didnt care much for the cheese.main reason ghs isnt high on my list is just because of arjan's atitude towards everything lol.but good growin man.

9. No.

Not really into adding CO2.

10. I am not a huge fan either but I have found 2 strains that I REALLY like from GHS.

The Church and K-Train.

Both very nice in my opinion.

The only problem with K-Train is that it is Damn near impossible to clone without turning hermie.

11. I recently just purchased multiple feminized strains from an online seed bank and they sent me two feminized "The Church" seeds as freebies. After reading this I am now very excited!!

12. Thanks, Fresh Jive. Looking forward to trying this one.

13. (1)The church by green house seeds.
    (2)400 Watt MH/ HPS w/ Sunmaster Bulbs.
    (3)Technaflora B.C. Nutrients.
    (4)Good but I don't have a scale to give an exact weight.

14. Fresh Jive, take a look at my Strain/Smoke report for GHS King's Kush that I just put up. It's an EXCELLENT strain in my opinion.

I'm also growing 2 K-Train at the moment--in fact, I've talked with you in another thread about it--and they are both good sized (~3 feet). The one that I topped is an absolute bud bush monster. I can't wait to try these girls--they are presently 6 1/2 weeks into flower.

Funny how so many people have a kind of luke-warm opinion of GHS, but some of their strains are actually very nice!

Bud