Tent set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Clearsky, Jan 10, 2021.

1. IMG_6847.JPG

1100 DE HPS watts in a 5x5. definitely my max....

P2260202.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. I have a lux meter so I will know what to set lights at with even lighting across tent with out hot spots, I can see in your pictures your plants are having heat stress, which almost all people do with two weeks to go to increase resin production.

• Like Like x 1
  3. it wasnt heat stress.... laser thermometer never read over 76 degrees on those leaves. it was light stress/ nutrient deficiency in the hot spot due to so much light. BUT they are still perfectly healthy buds, almost a week into drying now.

4. Yes that's what I meant to much light, raise light or turn lights down. My buddies plants look that way because he can't adjust his 1000 watt HPS and can't raise it any more and he is putting 110,000 lux to his plants.

5. my god 110,000!? thats out of control. i cant raise my light either its at the tippy top of the tent... even did some custom mounting to get it up there. the bulb is over 40'' from the canopy and the highest lux any top seen was around 55,000; half of what ur buddy is at lol. But i think im going to run it at 1000w instead of 1100 in the future. That back right plant threw a couple stress nanners.

6. Yes I was thinking about selling him my 600watt that I paid $740.00 with shipping and taxes to help him out for $400.00 it's only month and half old so super good deal for him if he wants it. Then I can run my ES-300-v2 with my two 350 watt 301-H v3 that would be 1000 watts from wall. Him and his wife smoke a o/z a week crazy, but I know I can help him turn out better plants, everything he has growing I have gave to him right down to soil and nutrients, all he needs to produce good quality buds and have control with light is my 600 watt light. If he don't want it then I will use it and put my ES-300 up for a back up in case I ever need it.

7. This is what my setup looks like now, going to try a 100 percent afghani seed from kush.

Attached Files:

8. Free seeds tend to be free for one reason or another.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #69 Clearsky, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Pacific seed Bank, after buying seeds from them, other freebies from other seed companies that I bought seeds from also. Growers choice, greenpoint, justcannabisseeds. So far can't complain with what I have grown. I also got purple cake, white widow, jedi glue, ace killer og, super lemon haze, orange kush. That's what I could choose from but I'm going for the Afghani. In a 20 gallon air pot that I'm going to fill a 5x5 tent with just one plant. My goal will be 3lbs from one plant.

10. Here's picture of other freebies I got mexican haze, 9 zips from two plants.

Attached Files:

11. I run 4 20 gallon pots in my 5x5.... might want to consider going with at least like a 50 if u r doing one plant.

12. My air pot is 24 inches round and 12 inches high, is plenty big enough for one plant to fill the 5x5 tent. I have grown marijuana off and on for 42 years I know what I can do with the plant.

Attached Files:

13. I guess. I like the big girls.

3 20's and a 15.
    IMG_7124.JPG P3020287.JPG

14. I would think the stock would of been bigger. Your plant elevator should be under your plant then in the saucer better for the root system.

15. I do realize the way they were designed to be used, but they are doing exactly what i want them to. I may add risers in the saucers next grow. Maybe.

As far as the stalks go, every transplant they got buried deeper and deeper- the original base of the plant is a good 4-6'' underground. and by the end of flower they were significantly larger than that picture from before the flip.

16. Well they look good, I will see how mine goes for this winter grow. Summer coming so will be outside for the free light for next grow. Maybe by then I may even try a different plant then the Afghani.

17. Yeah. a 3 pound plant from a 20 gallon pot is totally doable. You will be watering every day or two though i bet. Probably have to feed it quite a bit too. I find the more dirt they have, the less nutes you have to add.

18. Going to use a new recipe.

Attached Files: