Tent set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Clearsky, Jan 10, 2021.

1. 5x5 gorilla tent with VIVOSUN 6 inch 390 cfm kit. 3 fans running inside and a HLG 600 watt led with a 300 watt ES-v2 small humidifier if needed and small heater if needed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice

BNW

3. Sweet. Is your light dimmed or on high in these photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. It's on high

5. How far away from the plants are they?

The issue is this. Your light is on high in early veg. When you flip to flower your plants will NEED more light then they are getting now. So you have two options. Dim your light and slowly adjust it as the plants get larger. Or leave it on high and don’t grow them to tall so that you cAn lower it in flower. I run an hlg light in my 2.5x5 tent and I’m in flower on high 22” away and they are praying. This picture told me the light was to bright. The plants are to yellow. So I lifted the light about an inch. Then an hour later they were a darker green.

[​IMG]

6. Light 40 inches from small ones

7. They are starting to look a little better now. Turned lights down to about 60 percent.

Attached Files:

8. I’m no pro. But I know in early veg on high I gotta be like 30-32” away. I like to utilize my light as heat and it works best on high.

You want those leaf to be dark green. As dark as possible. When you are getting yellow reflective back then the plants aren’t absorbing everything you are giving them. Stressing them and burning them. This also only works when you aren’t killing them with nutes.

9. Your gonna need more light if you have pan to fill that tent for flower. Another big hlg or even better like 2x250s for either side.

here’s mine
    E5FD3DA5-B7E1-4116-822F-C0523E706542.jpeg

10. The new HLG-600 I got can do my 5x5 tent with ease. But I also have a ES-300-v2 to put in there to. I just ordered a light meter so I can Gage my light intensity.when I get it I will know more. Here's picture of light schematics.

Attached Files:

11. In no way can it do it with ease. It’s not enough and being from a single fixture even worse. That’s why the gavitas are ridiculously expensive and still use more watts.
    from the pic of the “schematics” it looks like it’s not a hlg either?
    and from the third pic you can even see the light drop off past a 3x3. So I wouldn’t try to flower bigger that a 3x3 with it.
    the Es 300 will help out tremendously but it’s all about spread. That’s if you plan to fill the tent corner to corner anyway. GL

12. Yes the light was built, not sold by HLG my light supposed to cover 6x6

13. #14 Clearsky, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    I just raised the light up to 32 inches above plants and turned it up to full power, this is what it looks like with out the ES-300 my 600 watt has 6 qb on it.

Attached Files:

14. I thought when the leaf tacoes up it’s to much light.

15. I understand now what you was saying about the 3x3 size, it has to do with the par, I'm slow but it does sink in after thinking about it. Thanks for replying

• Like Like x 1
  16. 6x6 for veg maybe.. but they all claim capabilities beyond their reach.

yeah it’s all to do with par.
    I bought a HLG 550 when they first came out and it couldn’t even flower my 4x4 properly on its own (my tents are always packed corner to corner to corner)
    Watts aren’t really what matters but it’s a good starting point. My eyes were opened to light dissipation when I bought a Quantum sensor. You don’t really believe it till you see it. Because our eyes are really terrible for measuring light..

that’s why I always say people need more than a single fixture, )I even use 4 boards in a 3x3).. It gives you a much better spread so the side buds are as good as the middle.

I know what they say about their lights, even hlg and IS over sell their lights let alone the amazon type vendors.

quantum boards are the best for sure imo, but got to learn them for yourself.

So yeah a big quantum board with two either side work well for me. They were not even at full power last grow and I had them dimd down because the wattage and power are overkill, but for me it’s al about trying to get as even spread of light on the canopy as possible.

1C426107-B000-4921-A676-0C589E25468F.jpeg F7EC9419-A105-4C3B-B681-F83BE366AAEB.jpeg

17. It’s a sign for sure. But it’s a sign the the area the leaf in is too much light. And in most cases directly under the light fixture most likely will be too much as that’s where it’s concentrated. Dissipating tremendously the further from the side you get. That’s why you need more fixtures so they overlap.
    So a tacoing leaf in the middle of the tent doesn’t mean too much light in the whole tent. Most times Just means bad spread. Like you will get trying to do a big tent from single fixtures. Unless it’s the gavita, but that’s why that light is 1.2 x 1.2 meters..

18. Yes, I just bought a light meter. I can lower the power on my light and put it closer to my plants and get 80.000 lux instead of having it farther away and turned up to full power. For 80.000 lux should get same result less power light closer to plants. I do need another two lights for the 5x5 but don't want to buy them. Because after these autos I'm only going to grow one plant at a time and I will put my ES-300-v2 in there once they are done with my ace killer og I got under it.

19. Your plants look good, my plants are 34 days old today supposed to be done in 36 more days but I don't see it unless they really take off.

Attached Files: