Smoking with Boiling water

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Subliminal Jazz, Apr 26, 2009.

1. So I was litterally JUST emptying my bong water when I thought...hm...since boiling water produces 'steam' or 'water vapor', maybe whenever I take a fat rip the vapor from the water mixing with the marijuana smoke will act similar to a hookah, allowing me to take larger hits.

is this a True or False observation? And should I risk my glass getting 'too' scolding hott.

2. Don't do this!! You have to remember that that "vapor" is going to be really fucking hot. You don't want to scald your throat. Plus, the whole reason bongs work the way they do is because they cool smoke.

3. id be worried about the boiling water affecting the glass or whatever toking tool you are using

4. hmm not quite sure, i dont think it would harm your glass. maybe start with almost boiling and see how it works

5. but then again the point of a bong is to cool. as said above

6. It's funny, cause earlier today I was putting scolding hot water in my bong to clean it and earlier I had rinsed the bong out with mouthwash for a menthol taste (it works VERY well.) and the steam I could inhale and it tasted and smelled like pure mint. It was actually very soothing on my throat and mouth. But then again I wasn't taking a rip, just inhaling the vapor.

I'm thinking about tryin it. :D

7. thats gross.
    try the boiling water thing. i'm sure it will go well.
    also tape it and put it on youtube. :)

8. Don't use boiling water. Try this instead. Warm water. And then Ice if possible. This all depends on how many water chambers you have in your piece.

9. sometimes i'lll put tea hot water (really hot but not boiling) in one of my small bong/bubblers. I think it's nice but I have to take SMALLER hits, because it's HOT. Makes the smoke creamy! Just remember to take it slow

10. Yes exactly. No problem using hot water, just don't go sucking it into your lungs like it's your last breathe.

11. try it - it wont harm you

just be careful not too get the bong too hot and then cold or the glass might crack

12. try it, i mean it couldnt hurt. if u dont like it then just empty it and put in cold water. dont be affraid to experiment, bro, that's how we learn new things :)

13. Tried it.

VERYYYYY Minty, and it seems like you get wayyy larger rips. The steam is very soothing aswell. I suggest tryin it if you get bored with traditional ice and water.

14. i've noticed sometimes when my girl changes water durning a session she must use much hotter water than i do, because when she comes back with the tube the bottom is always really warm and yeah, i think it makes the smoke a lot smoother. in my opinion cold, iced up smoke is super harsh on my throat. but i don't know if i'd want to be "inhaling water vapors" and end up with water on my lungs or some shit.

15. you are fucking kidding, right?

16. not really. i mean, i'm not saying that it's definitely going to happen. i'm no scientist. but i do know that your lungs can only get rid of fluids so quickly, so i don't know if i'd want to make it a point to try and inhale water vapor is all.

17. thats some ironic shit isnt it?

18. NOOOOOO!!! This happened last week with my hookah the water got luke warm because we left to buy drinks and when we came back the smoke burnt the shit out of our lungs...and thats only luke warm

19. you're not kidding?

jeez

Do you know what "humidity" is? Do you think you would be able to buy vaporisers if it was harmful?

Have you never seen or been in a steam room or Turkish bath?

Fog?

Sometimes i'm just amazed at what people post - actually, no, scrub that, nothing amazes me anymore :rolleyes:

20. no, i'm not retarded. i've heard of all those things. but this kid is talking about boiling water so hot he's afraid it'll crack his glass, putting his mouth directly above it, and inhaling as much as he can. with every hit he takes. i don't think fog does that.

and chill out man, i'm blazed as fuck and it was a passing thought. if that's the most ridiculous thought you've ever heard, you need to get out more.