Rosin press design help!!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Popcorn, Nov 15, 2020.

1. So I have my dulytek clamshell taken apart so I have pdf controls and plates. Now if anyone on her can help me figure out the specs for the stand, I have a friend who has a fabrication shop but need more specifics.
    So far I'm thinking threaded rods with steel plates top and bottom and around the rod between the 2 plates a pipe where the third plate will move up and down. Any help on ideas or pipe and plate sizes I would appreciate it????..

2. Damn not a single person on here is an engineer type or got a good idea to build tge press.

3. I assume you're looking to build the actual press and not a stand?

If so you can get a shop press that was designed by a real engineer for under $300, which will most likely be a lot safer.

4. Some of my early DIY presses used a standard Harbor Freight table top press. Including my Rock and Roll Rosin Press. The only rosin press guaranteed by Mick Jagger himself to give you Sticky Fingers. LOL

rr-2.jpg

Actually, it was a couple flat aluminum plates with ceramic heaters attached to the backs. Worked great until the next thing came along.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. No dude the press action will be done like every other rosin press on the market!! A bottle jack/hydronic jack. I highly doubt that something welded and bolted together is going ro have any problems regardless of if Joe shmo or some engineers that got a degree design it.

6. Well here it is folks finished product and some rosin I have pressed :) the pictured rosin is 2 different presses. The stuff on parchment is flower rosin and in the pink silicon dish is hash rosin made with 25 micron bubble hash.
    20201126_112840.jpg 20201126_125342.jpg 20201206_115131.jpg 20201220_123713.jpg

7. Looks good. You just needed a return mechanism to support the plates. Fancy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Before you mount those plates, you might want to put some kind of insulation between the heated plates and the frame. I think DabPress uses a piece of bamboo on their early models and the bamboo and something else on the newer models.

Awesome job, bud. Not many people have the ability to make a frame like that. Very professional looking.

Oh, and the rosin looks pretty sweet, too. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yea it does get a little warm but since I use it in my garage it doesn't get too crazy as to burn you from a quick touch.. also I am usually only pressing about 3 or 4 times per session and I got a welders glove to hold it while I press :) ideally It would have a spacer but since it is not a problem during winter I am not stressing any changes till summer. Lol thank you for the compliment!!!!! I used a friend's bottle jack press one time and then the prodgect had to happen. Hahahaha