Rate my micro grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dontworryaboutme, Feb 25, 2021.

1. The box is pretty cheap and easy to make and it's serving it's purpose and doing it well. The box is two home depot 70gal tough totes lined with hvac insulated reflective tape and has two 300w slim blurple led panels and 4 smaller blurple led strips on the sides for good measure. It has two fans inside, one pulling in air and one pushing air out of the box along with a little amazon dehumidifier to keep humidity down during flower. What do you all think ? I'm maybe 120$ give or take into the entire box build lights and all. IMG_20210224_203038.jpg 1613429875364.jpg IMG_20210220_133651.jpg IMG_20210220_133442.jpg

Sent from my 5032W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Very inventive I love seeing people build there own setups you really get into your projects when you start putting things together your self. Nice setup and purdy flowers!

• Like Like x 2
  3. That's very true lol, and thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

4. Great work, I too am using the black an yellow totes. I went a different direction with design but hey if it works it works.
    IMG_2792.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Did you tower them up and cut the bottoms out ? That's actually a great idea.

6. Yes sir I did,

But learn from my mistakes. When cutting out bottom of bin and top, stay within the bottom inner rim. It just keeps the stack strong.
    I cut to much out on one spot, so there’s no support, so I had to build up with screws.

Check out my 2020 grow box thread.
    I’ll get a link it pics when I get back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Too sweet! Gotta love the Advent of LEDs. We don't get the weights that HIDs do, but I'm dang impressed with trichrome production that even the cheapy LEDs generate. Not to mention we can be even more creative with our grow spaces as you have beautifully demonstrated here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not to mention the low heat output LEDs have so you can control environment better. And you're absolutely right, even the cheap ones work and they work well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sweet ideas guys. Somebody needs to come up with a small carbon filter for small grows. The small spaces need more air flow IMO but any fans and filters I have found are way overkill for small grows and the filters are huge

• Like Like x 1
  10. PVC/Pantyhose/and activated carbon make for a decent filter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Cool, I wasn't aware you could buy the carbon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I run 2 desktop 5" usb fans. One pushes air in from lower and one pulls it out higher up

13. Nah. Not too concerned with a filter, I live on my own in a house that has decent space between neighbors.

• Like Like x 2