Purple panty dropper issues

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by winks00, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hey all. I have had lot of success with Humboldt seeds, so I didn't think anything about trying a new strain that happens to have one of the coolest strain names ever. However, the Purple Panty Dropper strain seems to be giving me issues..

I typically do a RDWC Hydro set up with GH nutes, but I decided to try 2 PPDs and 4 GG4s and 1 Purple Mountain Majesty in soil.. The GG4s and PMMs are going good, but both PPDs have issues.. Even though I am relatively new with soil grows, it is not my first time and I have grown vegetable gardens in soil for years.

I am using basic miracle grow soil with dechlorinated tap water. I have not started adding any nutrients to the water or soil since the miracle grow has some nutrients already. I am using 2 - Vipraspectra 900 Watt LED lights at 24" above the 5 plants. I am not sure what other information is needed since I new with soil questions..

The issues I am having an be better explained via the pictures below, but I will give any info I can. The plants have been in Veg for about 2 weeks. The PPDs are the only 2 that are not thriving. The leaves are very skinny and seem to be not only canoeing, but also have burnt tips. One stem is really weird... It appears that 2 stems grew together and split at the very top where it is 2 separate stems. The leaves on that particular stem are twisted and it almost looks like it has Male parts even though they are supposed to be Feminized... Thank you in advance for your help!!

Attached Files:

2. more pictures

Attached Files:

3. The first picture looks a little bit like it is trying to revege.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

4. reveg?? I did read that twisting could be a sign of revegging, but these have been at 18/6 since day one and are only 2 weeks into veg.. I had a plant once that did some really weird stuff and ended up 1/2 of the plant was male, 1/2 was female.. Not like it hermaphrodite, buy literally split down the middle... I have used mostly feminized seeds for several years and it seems like they do weird things sometimes for little or no reason...

5. Id say the miracle grow.

6. Yeah.. I was afraid the miracle grow cold be a issue.. However, the GG4s and PMM are perfectly fine.. Maybe they are more resilient than the PPD.. It's a bummer, I was hoping it would be as awesome as it's name sounds like it would be.. lol

7. That shit works great on tomatoes dude, truly miraculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I know a old grower in MI he uses it as a foliar spray to keep them going strong when they start looking off green. Truly huge plants in the end. 13+foot. I think he started growing them a bit shorter the last few years.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app