Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychosis with thc edibles and tinctures only

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jojoross, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Pot has always made me a little bit paranoid but recently whenever I’ve used edibles, (gummies from Pharmacy, delta 8 tincture $ several small mintS with small amount of THC, I have had very bad psychotic trips and end up in the ER. Has anyone experienced the same? I a medical marijuana advocate and don’t have any negative feelings towards using pot. I’m wondering if this could be from me getting gastric bypass surgery a few years ago?

2. Sounds like you have mental health problems already & the edibles made it worst... Lots of people on here take high doses of edibles & they don't have negative effects..

I've got a friend how has mental health problems & when he smokes he end up being locked up under the mental health act because it makes him worst :confused_2:

3. That you?

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Keep a tinc of cbd nearby, it counters the thc. Imo, when our bodies go thru a trauma,Your surgery) the effects of the weed is different,we're not as strong to handle the high.

5. Tincture alcohol based is mostly absorbed in the mouth and goes straight to the blood stream exactly like smoking. It's the same Delta-9-THC stone.

Edibles pass though the Liver where the magic happens. Your Liver does this incredible little number on Delta-9-THC and turns it into 11-Hydroxy-THC.

11-Hydroxy-THC is 5 times stronger and 10 times longer lasting then Delta-9-THC.

Edible dosing can vary wildly. My wife is blasted out of her mind on just 2mg
    I need more like 200mg just to get off and I'd need 500mg to be as ripped as my wife is on 2mg.

I'm missing nearly all of my Colon-Large intestine and as long as you have part of a Liver edibles work.

CBD will take the stone down a few points. Inhaling the aroma of freshly ground black pepper works as does chewing a couple of black pepper corns.

In the rush and drive to get the product to market as fast as possible they are not letting the Cannabis reach full maturity IME. It's to early and jittery. To much THC and to little CBD.
    I grow for myself and let my plants run really long until they actually start to die of old age. This give me a much more mellow stone like I learned to toke on.

BNW

6. You have to learn to embrace it.

7. With edible Cannabis some body types Livers are super efficient at converting Delta-9-THC to 11-Hydroxy-THC and people like my wife get incredibly wasted on just a touch of it. This is a woman who can drink me under the table and match me toke for toke smoking the herb. She's good to go with all the various substances we can't talk about here.
    But edible cannabis knocks her out of the park. As little as 2mg hits her like a fifth of whisky would me.

BNW

8. It sounds like me - I don’t know if I can drink you under the table, but the most of my friends... I do. I don’t smoke anymore, so I don’t know about that, but edibles - my dose seems to be very... very low - a little more than you wife haha, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. It's easier to titrate your high when smoking. With edibles you have no control, after you swallow you're in for the ride whatever the dose gives you. But don't go to the ER unless you have pre-existing heart problems and if you do you probably shouldn't be smoking, depending on what kind of heart problem. It's expensive to go to the ER even if you don't personally pay for it but maybe it's worth something to give the ER staff something to laugh about..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Some people are extremely sensitive to ganja in all of its many forms. Go easy. Don't hit it like it owes you money. If you are still having issues you might just stop.