Pro Mix Potting Mix Nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by weedcomedy420, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hey,

So I went and got some pro mix potting mix but did not get too much since I see a lot of people saying you sohuld be getting the BX version (was not any when I went)

First question:
    How much nutrients do I need to feed my plant using pro mix potting mix compared to normal since it says it feeds for "9 months".

Second question:

Does it really matter much that I am using Potting Mix instead of BX?

Appreciate all responses

2. if it feeds for 9 months ,i wouldnt use any nutrients other than teas when needed,you start forcing nutes to it your gonna be real disapointed.

3. wdym by teas? And will a ph reader tell me what nutrients it has so ik what iwould have to add if i needed to?

4. No. Ph meters tell you the acidity of your water. A PPM or EC meter is what tells you the concentration of your nutrients. But they only tell you the overall concentration, they don't tell you the individual n-p-k levels. No meters do that.

5. Do you think i should just go try and get BX soil instead?

6. Yes we need some promix experts in hear. I was thinking of switching to that from peat moss, but now I'm confused as well!

7. They do have tests how ever. You can find them at homedepot that will give you the levels of the 3 main nutes. Kit runs $20

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. I haven’t had any burn issues using promix
    Now not sure if it’s the same stuff you bought but I literally buy it from Wally World. Red n black compacted bag.
    I actually add more earth worm castings and also I water/feed regular soil schedule via Fox Farm trio.

Havent had any major burns indicating I the promix I got isn’t hot. I sprouted seedlings in it, I cloned my first two clones in it, I use it in my SIPs I grow beef steaks, cherry tomatoes, black berries, potatoes, onions, pineapples, aloe, in it, and haven’t had an issue yet

I also don’t recall my bag saying it feeds for 9 months. I need to double check now myself

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum