Possuum's Random Grow Stuff

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Possuum, Sep 6, 2019.

1. i'm confused. what RH are your 60 gram packs? those 60 gram packs wont fit inside a qt jar. the 8 gram packs fit perfectly and are the right size (gram weight and dimensions) for a quart jar or similar. so, if you bought the 60 gram pack I'm assuming you're using a very large storage container. yes/no?

the boveda packs come in sizes sold by gram size, and relative humidity within gram size. i was using 62% RH 8 gram packs in quart mason jars but felt that was too much RH for that size container. i switched to 58% RH 8 gram packs and they were muy bueno for my tastes using qt size mason jars and for long, long, long, time storage. it will store properly for a very long time if the correct size of boveda pack (gram weight) at the right RH for the size container used for stora is used.

hth's

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yes I’m going to go find a decent air tight container today that will take 60g of bud plus the pack.. I’ve ordered a 58% but I think, given the size of my container I may have been better off with a higher RH

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. The 60gram Boveda’s are for a pound of weed. At least! You want the 8gram 58% Bovedas. Wide mouth Mason jars are best IMO. A QP or more I just use two of the 8gram packets. The 60gram packets are way overkill and get things a little to moist.

The bovedas are also supposed to keep your stash fresh for a year.

“A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.” - Saadi
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cheers for the advice

• Like Like x 3
  5. ahhh, perhaps that has been part of my problem... I us regular wide-mouth qt mason jars but I've been using the 60g boveda packs. I knew the size was overkill but assumed (see what happens when you assume!) the larger size would just allow for longer storage periods and still keep it within the rh range. guess i was wrong..????
    All my weed is stored in the quart jars and they all have the 60g 62% packs.
    Guess I better change my Amazon selection to the 8g packs instead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Smokey B McBongwater the 8 gram packs are right on the bubble for being too much for a quart jar imo but that is what we want - 8 gram for a quart (i imagine a four gram pack would work well enough for moi). and again, it's just personal preference for the RH i think. i roll a lot of bones and i like the 58% for that task because it burns so well.

• Like Like x 3
  7. See I read quite a bit about the boveda but didn’t come across anything that said the bigger pack would leave me with a higher rh in the container?

My plan was to use the bigger pack for my entire harvest which I’m hoping is going to be 4oz+. Given that it says 60g, I thought that if I exceeded that then it would be fine

• Like Like x 1
  8. You may have posted this before but i can’t recall seeing it..... roughly what weight in bud do you put in your qt mason jars with the 8g pack?

• Like Like x 1
  9. between 1.5-2 o's per jar. depends on budZ size and density. i pack the jars loosely but full to the top.

• Like Like x 2

10. i think it's just the physics of the thing. perhaps ive misunderstood the site in the past?

Which size Boveda work for different quantities/jar sizes?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ok cool thanks, I’ll quite definitely be buying some 8g packs ASAP.... I still got a good 5 days drying as it’s quite cool and my rh is 60% so it’s a nice slow dry and I’m past the possibility of mould by now

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. idk how these snaps will actually turn out until i post 'em so here goes.

this is GT#6, 84d growth, the chartreuse colored pheno. been drying 4-5 days and still needs a bit more before jarring it up. you cant tell but the chartreuse one yielded a solid 2 o's.

C2.jpg

D1.jpg

i'll pay closer attention as time moves on but quite frankly i can sense only marginal difference in effect between the 66d - 71d harvests and the 84d harvests but there is a subtle note of power lurking in the 84d medicine that might come out more with curing. regardless, it is all good quality medicine.

ok, so here's my benchmark for my first auto grow in 5g and 7.5g containers. whatever the future holds it can't ever go below these nbrs.

8 plant total - 370g (yawn... pedestrian meh)
    6 ghost toof total - 305g; ~51g per plant
    1 skywalker - 37g
    1 forum stomper - 28g

i take total responsibility and especially so for any plant yielding under 2 o's. i know i can certainly do better than that. it is what it is. i rejoice in any and all successful harvest. imo any harvest is a good one, some are just better'n others. the glass is indeed half-full :smoke:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Ordered the smaller boveda packs today, got mason jars so no probs on that front, using 1.5-2 oz per jar? doubt I hit 8oz so a pack of 4 should do me fine.

Should be here by the weekend
    Just need to make sure my weed is dry enough before I jar it

• Like Like x 2
  14. Very important! Even want it a little bit dryer than you would normally think. Don’t want it turning to hay in the jar lol. The boveda’s will balance it out.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I was thinking that, it actually smells quite nice already but it’s not as dry as I want it to be just yet which is good as I got to wait for the packs to come.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The nose knows! When you pop a jar lid, should be crisp & clean, no humidity that you can detect with the nose. It’s why I’ll trim dry and then leave it out over night, just to be sure.

• Like Like x 2