Possuum's Random Grow Stuff

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Possuum, Sep 6, 2019.

1. i needed a place to post some pics. ive done some journaling in the past but these days i'm more into just posting results opposed to telling all about it. recently i've been posting my pics in other people's thread and that isnt right. so anyway :bongin::bongin::bongin:.... here goes. :smoking:

these are my first attempt at growing autos. they are mephisto genetics ghost toof, skywalker, and forum stomper. i wont be showcasing forum stomper. if you catch a glimpse of a weird looking stick with leaves attached to it that's it lol. i do have a media mix problem in 4 of the 8 containers that has caused premature discoloration and senesence but it's ok. it's unfortunate but it's ok. the ones appearing that way are in an amended used soil versus a fresh mix.

the breeder says these strains are in the ~70d range for maturity. i go strictly by trichomes but the "days" info is useful. these plants are all in the 3' tall range. a few are "ready" now and any time moving forward.

ghost toof.

U4.jpg

U6.jpg

U8.jpg

skywalker

U5.jpg

U7.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. am I first? Woot. Thanks for sharing they still look fabulous.

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. yay! first prize for "the first" :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes! Best thing I heard all day! Think I'll head to bed on that note

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. @Possuum
    They look good!
    Been looking at trying my hand at autos.
    I hear they are nute-sensitive, is that right? Your fresh mix is working better than the re-amended one?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  6. #7 Possuum, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    i wanted this over here for easy reference. this was in response to my inquiry on opinion of "the best" MG genetics thus far to date.

"Organic sinse, post: 24886640I its funny you should mention this. I have been making an earnest effort, to really evaluate all the strains I have grown lately, with the exceptions of my recent summer harvest that haven't cured for very long yet. I am only smoking one strain per day, to give them a real honest feel.

Here is how rate em. I want to say that I am a fan of a pretty even sativa/indica mix.

1. Sour Stomper- Artisanal Strain- must do for everyone- Grape Stomper x Sour Crack
    2. Auto Livers- Freebie, not a catalog item
    ***note There is an artisanal strain called Sour Livers that I am growing right now that is a cross of ***1&2. I suspect this is just killer shit.
    3,4,5, &6 are pretty much a tie
    3. Sweet'n'Sour- Illuminauto Strain- there are still some of these left, and they are a great value. This is Sweet Toof x Sour Stomper
    4. Grape Walker Kush-Limited edition- Grape Krinkle x Skywalker Kush
    5. Ghost Toof- Illuminauto Strain- there are still some of these left, and they are a great value. This is Sweet Toof x Fantasmo Express
    6. Grapey Walter-Limited edition-Grape Krinkle x Walter White
    7. Port and Stilton- Illuminauto- no longer available- Northern Cheese Haze x Double Grape
    8. Forum Stomper- Artisanal Strain- Girls Scout cookies x Sour Stomper
    9. Deez Nuggz- Illuminauto strain- no longer available- Strawberry Nuggets x Orange Diesel
    10. 4 Assed Monkey- Artisanal strain- Gorilla Glue x Grape Crinkle
    11. Strawberry Nuggets-Artisanal strain-Sour Strawberry Kush x 24 carat
    12 BubbaSquanch- Illuminauto strain- Hubbabubbasmelloscope x Samsquanch OG (great yielder)

Daytime smoke (which I almost never get to do), these smoke more like Sativa Doms regardless of %
    1. Fugue State- Artisanal strain-reminds of Blue Dream or Blue amnesia-Very good yielder for me
    2. Fantasmo Express-Original strain-classic Ghost Train Haze

Too early to fairly rate are Ripley's OG, SODK, Hubbabubbasmelloscope, and Alien vs Traingle Kush.
    Currently in the garden are Sour Crack, Sour Livers, Forgotten Cookies, Double Grape, Crème de la Chem, and Gold Glue.

As I look at my ratings, I see my affinity for mixes with either Grape Stomper or Grape Crinkle pretty much dominate the list. I could be partial to this, cause MG's are the first grape strains I have tried. Blueberry strains used to me my fav.

My advice to anyone would be to run a Sour Stomper, and then scoop up Limited Editions and Illuminautos, as the LE and Ills. are only around till they sell out. If I needed to round out an order, I would grab a Sour LIvers (even though I haven't finished one yet).
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3

7. thanks mate!

i dont think GT is nute sensitive as i mix things up. my fresh mix plants are doing great. i think they could have used another top dress with NPK but they are otherwise doing fine. i never have an issue with my fresh mix.

that said, my recycle runs always seem to have an issue. i always chalk it up to pH as that's where everything with soil chemistry starts. pH really does matter, even in organics. much to the disdain and tsk tsk of many i will be venturing to the nursery this week for three 3cf bags of inert, pH adjusted nursery mix. mix and go and zero worries with water only start-to-finish.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I see. I'm having some older mix issues as well, not so much deficiencies, but slower growth, in my case probably compaction.

There are some strange organic cats that think PH and NPK are the devil...
    Inert is an even naughtier word
    They need to take a basic science course.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. in my recent readings on what's inside a trichome i've read some literature which i found interesting. one is a single study that showed thc production was manganese dependent and cbg production was iron dependent. this came about as a study of cbg, the precursor acid for all cannabinoids. i thought that was interesting. in another study (several actually) it was found that thc production was inhibited by excess nitrogen during infloresence. definitely dont want that.

keying on the first part above i bought some manganese sulfate which i intend to spray on two colas on each GT plant. i hung tags on two branches of each plant. starting tonight i'm going to spray these colas with a foliar equivalent of 1tsp per gallon, interval tbd. i dont want to overdo it.

when i harvest plants i always jar them up separately and in this case i will also jar up the select colas separately with the intention to see if there is a noticeable difference between the treated colas and the other parts on the same plant.

something to do. :hookah:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. #11 Possuum, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    upon recalculating "start date" to be in line with normal auto growing standards this ghost toof was harvested at 63-65 days.

V1.jpg

this is skywalker at 64-66 days. i dont recall what this typical phenotype is supposed to look like but MG says this is 90/10 indica sativa. by looking at the leaf structure i'd say it's 90% sativa and 10% ruderalis. but i'm excited because the sampler budZ i took 1 week ago were fun! so we're looking forward to this one drying out.

the leaf to calyx ratio is probably normal. the trichome coverage is double sugar frosted. it took a little more time to trim this one but the bubble hash will be well worth it. the leaf co!or has remained the same throughout her life.

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

GT on the bottom SW on the top. i figure ~2-3 each by the time its all said and done. not bad for ~3' tall plants. i estimate the other 4 GT will fill a similar string. i can live with it :smoke:

V4.jpg

V5.jpg

and this is more like how i like my grow space. i typically dont have more than 4 so there's plenty of breathing room

V6.jpg

i'll keep it updated.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. here's something. look at the color of this pheno - lime/chartreuse. it has been this color pretty much from the get-go but otherwise healthy. lesson? LITFA! just let it be.

GT #3 harvested i think on 9/12, right around ~71d.

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. Beautiful!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Looking forward to watching you grow sir!! Looking awesome as always!

• Like Like x 4
  14. #16 Possuum, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    well, i thought i'd photo bomb my own thread. i was having a convo with my friend @Smokey B McBongwater over in @Organic sinse thread about drying and curing and today while in a medicated state i thought i best lay a couple of disclaimers between his style and my style because a picture is worth a bunch of words. long story short, i dry my budZ on the stick until they are down to ~10% moisture then i jar them with 58% boveda packs. the hay smell is gone, the budZ exhibit their natural aromas, and they are rehydrated and maintained by the boveda packs for months. perfect burning material.

in addition i wanted to finally showcase forum stomper. it started out as a stick with a few leaves but it blossomed out pretty well. she's an auto and ~80d today. a couple of notes about her, i think most growers would have tossed this one in the compost pile long ago. she's the second of two the first of which died. i thought this one would also so i just treated her fairly but nothing special. and she had very strange leaf growth from the beginning. i definitely think she was planted hot and suffered from some excess nutrient stress. that might have been what doomed her from the beginning. idk.

forum stomper

this plant received very, very little defoiliation during growth. she had very few leaves.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

i was going to sit in front of the tube while i trimmed so i knocked the fans off and cut the sticks to single size. i really enjoy trimming. i get a zen feeling. it's hard to describe but i really enjoy what so many find distasteful. it's rewarding.

B6.jpg

this was after the first trim, all junk for the compost pile.

B7.jpg

second trim. this is all trichome laden leaf material. during the first trim any non-trichome containing leaf parts go in the compost pile. what's left goes in the bubble hash pile. all total about ~1 hour total start to clean up. she was small.

B8.jpg

all the little leaf trim adds up! i've got two bags of #1 prime trim that will be used for bubble. yummy!

B9.jpg

then i hang the budZ on a stick in the grow room. by this weekend i'll be able to smoke a little. in ~7-10 days they will be prime for jarring. no grass smell only the flavorful aromas as the plant produced them. this should be 1.5-2 zeez and a good handful of sugar trim. this may go against the grain of much conventional thought but i have dried budZ in just about every conceivable way from full plant hanging dry to cardboard boxes and paper bags to a sweat house flue cure type dry and all other ways in between. to get rid of the hay smell the budZ must be dry before storage or they will loose the natural aromas. that's what ive come down to anyway.

B14.jpg

this plant smells wonderful and i'm really looking forward to smoking it.

B12.jpg

this is my last ghost toof. i'm taking her along for a few more days to around the 84d mark. she's been this color all along. never defoil'ed and i never tried to "fix" the pale yellow-green leaves. i just let her be. i think she'll reward me with ~2 o's.

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

that's about all i've got for now.

i'm looking for a nice mid-to-top of the line dry herb vaporizer for home use on!y. i want to keep it in the ~$250 range. i've been studying the arizer. anyone have any comments or suggestions? home based, primarily dry flower use. i dont see myself with oil extracts anytime soon. thanksl

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. This looks amazing great info. I'm on my way to take my son to school. If I forget reminds me to comment on the arizer Vapes for you .

• Like Like x 2
  16. Good thing i got a notification of likes . I forgot sorry

So you looking for handheld or desk top?

I have bought a few items and can give you my opinion on them if you like.

A wood vapman ... Least favorite

I have the arizer for the desk and has the whip and balloon.

Then I bought the g pen elite. Had it for two years.

I'm now using the argo.

17. #19 Possuum, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019

kewel. i want one for myself and me monkee mate. we sit in separate chairs about an arms length each apart so it needs to be 'portable' or have a whip. otherwise, it will never leave the house and it's highly unlikely it will ever be shared. I'd probably get a volcano if i didnt think they were overpriced. i dont mind paying for quality but ~$250-$300 is my budget. i'm looking for the best i can get for around that.

for what ive described and based on your experience what do you think? i want a good battery life, quick recovery, an adjustable temperature, and any other feature an experienced vaper would suggest. monk is beginning to get a bit of a wheeze so she has cut back 98% of partaking daily perhaps only taking a bubbler bong hit or two at night. i might be wrong but i'm thinking a vape will be much better for her. she probably shouldn't be inhaling anything at all to tell ya the truth about it. she had asthma as a pre-teen kid.

thanks for your feedback, and that of the any number of people who have over the years offered me their opines on dry flower vapes. that feedback it what got me to the ~$250-$300 budget range and seriously considering the arizer. i'm just looking to finalize my choice(s) based on current technology and if it will help the wife :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  18. The desk arizer didn't work well for me only because I can't smoke a whole bag. I'm a microdoser. So it was a pain for me and I never got into the whip. I did make a chupka for the end of it with a cork. But yeah.

Loved the g pen elite. Even got the Bong attachment really enjoyed it and liked how it fit the hand. Did not like cleaning it. Charging was pain free. Got all the extras for that as well. I dropped it like five times. So it kinda doesn't work well anymore. The only thing I didn't like overall was the cleaning... It was really annoying.

I love the argo. The only thing is the boxy feel of it at first. After about a week you get past it. It is also the easiest one too clean. Charging is easy and if you get the extra batteries like I did never an issue. Ok I bought everything for it. If you get it I can say what you could do with out. What to definitely get. So far this has been the best vape I've used by far. I lovvvveee the easy cleanin of it. Uses hardly any herb. I can find you the video on it if you get it that I watched for packing it. Less is way more with these.

• Informative Informative x 1