Possuum's Random Grow Stuff

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Possuum, Sep 6, 2019.

1. @Heavn yes the argo is the one i read up on. seems arizer has overall tue best reviews. the price of the argo on the arizer site has dropped to <$200 so that's good.

for this model what accessories would you recommend to buy and those to not bother with? tia :thankyou:

• Like Like x 1

2. nope @Heavn the argo is not the one i had seen previously. i was looking at the solo 2. now i'm looking at both. thanks for your help. i didnt realize the argo was available. perhaps i missed it many months ago when i was looking.

i think i have it now. tanks mahn. just a brief convo got my noodle squirming again. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have the solo2. Easy to clean, simple to use. I’m not very experienced with vaporizers but it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nice work mate I’ll keep an eye out on ere just finishes chopping my cream cookies auto today! Best grow I’ve done despite a tiny bit of bud rot. Also my first of many autos! Hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Tippers this is my first run with autos as well.. i really enjoyed the growing difference between a photo. it's pretty doggone amazing to me. i'm surprised at the low yields but it is expected that autos typically dont yield as much as photos but with the overall reduced time from seed-to-harvest i can live with it as a personal use grower.

these heavy indicas i have keep me pretty well seated unless i absolutely do-or-die have to get up and do something even if only to get a drink. my next round will be with some more energetic varities. i'm thinking the triple crosses might be mo betta regardless if they're marketed as indica or sativa.

cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well I’ve never really had a good yield with all the bad luck I’ve had in the past, I grew a amnesia haze years ago under hps and before it got confiscated I think my yield was probably 2/3 what I got with this auto! And I grew this one under Chinese blurples so don’t think there’s all that much difference.

You should try the auto mythbusters thread..... great info on autos there
    SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread
    Also feel free to have a look at my cream cookies auto journal.... it’s just pics really. Cream cookies auto journal

• Like Like x 3
  7. I have not forgotten you. Fell asleep and have been not stop busy since u woke up. I'll write you a pm as well as answer the argo here. Just so you know u haven't forgotten just need a few min to get them both wrote out. 1340 and first time I sat down all day.

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Like Like x 1
  8. I didn't send him there yet cause I was breaking him in slow tho the auto. . Os is also in there. You will find some of the top auto growers in there. Abusing our plants .

I believe the largest i got was just over 7.5 oz btw. Blue cheese

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ok you can get extra glass aroma tubes. I have three. Two they give and I bought extra. I like this because I can pre pack a night time and have day time packed. Since we travel a lot and stay the night at his family this is very convenient. I probably would have/should have gotten another...

I did get one of each size bong attachment because I do use them. If you aren't gonna don't get frosted glass aroma tubes.

If your prone to dropping and losing stuff like me the extra caps are nice. Plus I don't like reordering later so I order for the future.

Stirring tool not needed IMHO.

They send you 4 screens. I tried with screens... Lasted three uses. Haven't used them since and I'm very happy to vape without the screen. The glass has built in that works fine. I ordered the extra pack... Waste of money.

Argo battery with free tester. Tester not accurate and not really needed since the argo tells you more accurately. However it is a good battery storer. And I advise and extra battery.

Dual battery charger I like it cause I charge both the batteries at once and don't really use the USB cable.

If you use the USB cable get the power adapter.

Other USB cords of same size will work so usb charger cord they send is enough.

I passed on car charger

I gooit extra's travel tubes... Cause I travel.

Ok off to get my son. Pm later

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. sorry, would replied sooner but just catching up, had computer die on me and had to get a new one :(

your FS looks good! i like your trimming method although too labor intensive for me LOL If I trim at all I'll do it in one sweep as quickly as i can and i'm sure not taking time to separate pies of leaves. Only thing I separate out from trimming is all the branches. any and all leaves go in the leaf bag for the freezer and eventually thru bubble bags.
    i did take the time to be extra careful with trimming the FS just because she was so frostie I wanted it for the trim bag! :)

btw, it was killing me the last 2 days or so when the FS and OD have gotten so much more dry and crispy than I'm used to letting them go....

• Like Like x 5
  11. i'm glad to hear that about your drying harvest. i trust you have some boveda packs.? my preference is the 8 gram 58% when using quart jars. what i'm really hoping to hear is that your medicine has acclimatized to a proper moisture state and that you're so happy that the floral bouquet has returned to your harvest that you have labored over so intently :smoke:

for those that grow for themselves and "hate to trim" the following is for you.

let me attempt to refocus your thoughts on this matter. you've labored hard. you've spent hard earned $'s to get to the finish line. you've stressed out to get there! this is your work and yours alone. you created from seed a living, breathing, biologically alive species! for crying out loud you have both baby-talked and cursed these plants! it was a long road traveled with many obstacles thrown in the way. it's not all that easy to grow a plant for harvest purposes especially indoors. it's a great accomplishment actually that not a majority of people can achieve. you have to be proud grow-bro's and gals!

the harvest is the most intimate time you will have with your plants imo. you are ending it's life and it's a very personal thing taking a life. it's both your kill and your sustenance. you have to respect that. it's trichomes are on your hands, it's your doing. now it's time to prepare the harvest for proper storage and display. the final act.

so change your mindset from hate to love. change your thoughts from laborious and tedious to relaxed and exacting. look at the chore with excitement instead of dread. it's all perspective. you brought it to life and now you're ending it. take care of business in a correct and respectful manner as a funeral director would prepare someone's loved one for a viewing. do these mind tricks and soon you will experience a new and pleasurable experience performing the harvest - the final act.

as for process all i can say is get a good pair or two of curved tip trimming scissors, keep the scissor hash off and collected for a later treat, at least 2-3 large catch vessels for the two grades of trim and the final budZ, and finally, sit up straight. you have to be comfortable if you're giving it your best. it's not a race! i budget 1 hour minimum for harvesting a plant and i've taken as long as 3 hours depending on size but just take your time. if we want to smoke what looks like award winning cannabis first we grow it then we trim it. imo there are only a couple or very few ways to do it right and be able to capture the best that the plant and our hard work can offer. oh, and if you use gloves use vinyl and not nitrile. the oil will not stick to vinyl so more trichomes stay on the plant versus the glove. vinyl gloves.

let me know how those budZ turn out for you. i'm betting it will be exactly what you were looking for.

now get your mind right boi! you've got to work smarter not harder :smoking-banana:

cheerio :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Almost exactly the same trimming method I used this time round, found it so much easier than a dry trim.
    I managed to make natural hooks so didn’t need the pegs

IMG_1821.JPG did you save much sugar leaf?

• Like Like x 3
  13. yes i did. there's a handful or two of good quality resinous material per plant. i thought all of the strains i grew trimmed up real nice. i've got two 1gal bags in the freezer from what is now two grows worth. one more plant to harvest, the purchase of tabletop washer, and i'll be bubbling. cant wait. love bubble :yummy:. that's a beautiful budZ you have grow-bro.

see the resin stuck to your gloves? that's what nitrile does. vinyl gloves are typically not a persons go-to glove. they're usually near paint or if you see a beauty supply store like Sally's they have them. they're cheap and overall not real tough. i use one and keep my scissor hand free. if i'm careful i can usually pull it off and back on 2-3 times as necessay if i take a break.

it's entirely random i stumbled onto this knowledge. i have nitrile gloves in the garge for that kind of work and i usually use nitrile when i trim. my wife has a box of vinyl gloves she uses when she does whatever it is she does with them (ostensibly to use hair color products) and the first time i used them it was a no-brainer from that point forward. they are so much better than nitrile that now that i have this knowledge if i had a plant to trim instead of using nitrile gloves i would drive to the store for vinyl gloves before i started. they are that much better for keeping the trichomes where they originated.

for real.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Thanks mate that’s some good advice and I’ll try it for sure.... I will say this though, I used these gloves for years and I can easily take the glove off and put it on again 6-7 times over the couple days it took me to chop/trim and hang my plant so no problems there, they good quality but if less resin sticks then that’s a bonus already

Also did some research on boveda packs.. going to get 2x60g packs on order for my cure today, they should be here just about when I’m ready for em

I’d say the same for your buds too, they looking pretty fine! I got maybe a little more trim and I’m yet to even try guessing weight

• Like Like x 4
  15. #35 Smokey B McBongwater, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    awesome post :)
    you went and got all philosophical on us regarding trimming! LOL
    I think trimming is just one of those jobs (chores) that you either love or hate, not much middle ground. I'm not on the "love" side...
    plus, as much asI do love this plant and my meds I grew up on a farm so the "magic" of harvest and the intimacy of being with the plant I'm with you but I'm over it decades ago.... :) :)
    and mostly I'm simply lazy! and since it's just me and the wife and at most one or two smoke buddies who would ever see my buds I don't mind that they don't look like a HT centerfold bud or a cannabis cup entry. if it smokes good i'm happy.
    Having said that, I'm so happy how both FS and OD came out that I did actually take the time to trim them very well. best i've ever done. gotta brag a bit, they actually look f*ckin' great! LOL But a lot was because i wanted the super frosty trim to try out my bubble bags.
    oh, and i thought FFS had some nice dense hard buds finally but I was wrong... compared to OD her buds are larf. OD is like granite.
    waiting for their lovely scents to return, but at least so far no hay smell.
    after 13 months growing i finally got decent buds! about time!
    :)
    owe you and Os tons!

I have another drying/curing ???? but i'm goin to post it in Os's thread. want some varied opinions and topic may also help a few others/ who knows.

• Like Like x 6
  16. that's about as much positive spin i can give on a laborious task @Smokey B McBongwater lol. it's just work right? we dont have to love it we just gotta get 'er done. whistle while you work :smoking:

i just trimmed my last gt, GT#6. nothing spectacular here except the color. cant wait to smoke some! :yummy:. 84d today @Organic sinse. i cant believe i actually let it go that long. :weed:

C1.jpg

and, i went on about the vinyl gloves being superior to nitrile for trimming imo so here you go. there is nothing but a bit of oily feel rubbing your fingers together. pink? i guess that's the color sold at beauty supply. wtf do i know about beauty supply :confused_2:? i'm sorely short on beauty.

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

the picture of the scissor hash is simply to show there is indeed some scrapings. it's just a one hitter and overall the trichomes stay on the plant for later use. that's how i like it.

C4.jpg

that's what i have growing on grow people. happy daZe :smoke:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Good stuff guys! Now I'm subbed!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  18. #38 Smokey B McBongwater, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    gotta say possuum, your drying/curing method is actually a lot easier! from a working POV.
    previously, when I was wrongly assuming I wanted to get everything trimming and jarred when it was down to the mid 50's RH I felt in a time crunch once it got there to get it i the jars before it got too dry - or so I thought.
    This is much easier now actually. Plant felt really crispy dry yesterday so I started just cutting branches off individually and trimming just a couple ay a time. knowing I didn't have force myself to get thru it fast anymore, and extra time is just giving more time to dry beneficial anyway. I'm just taking my time doing a few branches at a sitting not stressing over it. knowing that, I am allowing myself to actually do a really good trimming so the results are significant;y more eye appealing, although I honestly still really do't care on my barely trimmed stuff. it's "prettier" though. :)
    also nice that as I'm trimming I'm finding a few assorted branches that were not quite as crispy which is also easier too handle now since i'm going slow they still have time sitting out open to dry. nothing will get jarred until it's all trimmed. currently any trimmed finished buds are sitting single layer in a large cardboard shoe box.
    so far weight is at 106g. 90% are buds that are seriously rock hard. still have 5 or 6 of the larger branches to go, hoping another 15-20g out of it would be awesome.

of course you realize that the dryer level is affecting my yield weight! this 106g and still counting would have been probably 150g and counting at my normal pull time! LOL LOL LOL

strange, I used to dry to this dryness level in the past. than i read about and started to use the Boveda packs and it wasn't until than that I started trimming and jarring and the mid-50's. my major misunderstanding of how to properly use the tool (the packs) and it affected my entire method. And I actually thought the hay smell was because I let it go too dry before jarring. Boy, seems I had THAT a bit backwards

oh, just realized this got to be a long post. sorry, just medicated and seems mixing FS and GT makes me ramble on quite a bit... :) :) :)

oh yeah.... thumbs up on the vinyl gloves. I have boxes of them. great to use. after trimming a bunch, the fingertips on one thumb and one index finger of my hands also tend to get caked up so I rip off just the area that is caked up and throw it in with the trim that is headed to the freezer and ultimately thru bubble bags for hash. figure the freezer will make the trich's fall off the vinyl easy. I'm not wasting good trich's! :) :)
    i'm jealous though, mine aren't pink :poke:

:passing-joint:

edit: wow, just went over to Os's thread and saw your post from yesterday and you were also doing a mix of FS and GT. :) nice mix isn't it? sure makes me talk (type) on and on though..... but nice pleasant, relaxing "heady", real up but no anxiety stuff. hmmm, nice actually. someone should breed a FS&GT mix :)

• Like Like x 5
  19. I enjoyed the drying advice also, this is a great thread.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I I ordered a 60g boveda pack yesterday and I just want to make sure I got it right..... I find a jar that takes up to 60g and insert the boveda with the dry weed then I can just foget about it for a month or so and that’s me done, Cured and ready to roll?

• Like Like x 3