Plant size + Container size=?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Smackd420, Mar 17, 2021.

1. #1 Smackd420, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    I was wondering does anyone know exactly at what height in my plants life i should switch to flower before the roots are at the middle of rootbound im using the home-depo those orange paint containers the the size im using is a large 5-gallon can you help me do the math here of the container + plant height was wondering im wanting to know is the measurement between the two im bad at math lol also id rather avoid rootbound after swithing to flower any advice i will appreciate it :)

2. Its not even a matter of math. Your plants will grow as big as your space, your lighting and your root mass allows. As soon as your plant is established and healthy; say 8” to 14” high then put it/them into your final finishing sized container.

Size matters. What is your lighting, area size and plant count for your area/lighting?

5 gallon is the smallest I’d personally use. Bigger is absolutely better - why have any limitations?

j

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have 2 blue spectrum cfls one medium fan setup after switching to flower i will change to 2 orange spectrum cfls

4. You plan to fully root a 5 gallon bucket with cfl's? pictures.......

Attached Files:

6. That thing needs sssssoooooooooooo much more light.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. #7 GorillaGherkin, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    400 watts minimum hps or 200 watts min quantum board. I’d top it and throw a better light on it start veg all over again for next 6-8 weeks. Put that thing into flower with CFL’s at that size you’ll b lucky to get a 8th off em. buy a 400 watt hps or 200 watt quantum board and you’ll be looking at ounces off both those plants depending on the training method you choose to use.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. Cheap end hps but will grow a plant

9. Cheap end old technology led but proven to grow

10. Or if ya got a stimulus check burning a hole n ur pocket go big with 2- 3 of these.

11. Small Spaces
    Check out this guys journal small space, good ventilation, good lights. Getting pounds off 4 plants.

12. An old school rule of thumb is at least 1g of potting soil for every foot of height. Unless you are planning on months of training before the flip, or growing really large plants , a 5G bucket is plenty.