Organic Michigan Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WeedOrchard, Mar 16, 2021.

1. This thread is for Michigan outdoor growers. I'm going to post my progress here this year. Feel free to do the same. Let's have a great growing season!

Yesterday was germination day. This year I used bounty paper towel in sandwich bags, propped up vertically and kept in the dark at about 75-80 degrees. 20210316_120735.jpg 20210316_120753.jpg
    This year I am growing 12 strains. Here they are, along with some of their attractive attributes.

Mimosa EVO - Yield, up to 30%thc
    Gorilla Zkittles - Yield, 24%thc
    DoSiDos33 - Yield, up to 28%thc
    Runtz Muffin - Yield, 29%thc
    Wedding Cake - Yield, 24%thc
    Moby Dick - Yield, 27%thc
    Critical Kush - Yield, late night
    Vanilla Kush - Yield, late night
    Bubba Kush - 29%thc
    Pineapple Chunk - Yield, 25% thc, Quick
    Tropicana Banana - Yield, 22-25%thc
    Skywalker - Yield, Quality

All but Skywalker are from Barney's Farm.

Hope to see some greatness out of Michigan this year. Good luck everyone! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It’s go time :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've smoked Pineapple Chunk and Wedding cake, both are very good smoke.

Im going with Grand Daddy Purps its like 23% I like to grow it every once in a while. It's always the last one harvested and usually goes 10 to 11 weeks flower.
    California Dream 24% this one is a 9-week flower. I always grow one new strain. This is this season 2021 new strain.
    Cherry Pie 23% 8-week flower. I grew this last year and it produced very well, I averaged 11/4 per plant. very good smoke also. More like 9-10 weeks. All Indica dominate.

I'm not gonna do a whole lot with my soil this year, AFA reamending. Last spring I made all my hole hugel holes
    The Many Benefits of Hugelkultur | Permaculture magazine. Other than my spring top dressing and a little dolomite lime that's gonna be it. I guess I'll just hope for the best LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Right on. Sounds like a plan. I'm going no-till this year too. Put about 6 inches of hay mulch down last fall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 WeedOrchard, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    After just 24 hours, I had 47 out of 48 beans popped with a tail longer than the seed. I fully recommend the "bounty paper towel in a sandwich bag vertically at 77 degrees" method.

Got 'em all in dixie cups under a t5 light now. Still at 77 degrees. Can only get the humidity up to 20 in there right now, so will cover with clear tote for the early growth. 20210317_141706.jpg 20210317_141600.jpg
    Humidity was rising fast when I left.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Do you use Michigan made m3 soil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. I mix my own soil. This soil is peat, bu's best compost, worm castings, rice hulls, kelp meal, neem meal, azomite, plant tone, lime, and mycos. Used cement mixer I bought last year for that purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lmao it would cost a fortune to run M3 outdoor for 48 plants.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. For sure. The majority of the soil I mix is mostly cow manure compost and peat moss. Cheap. Had some expensive compost and bags of castings I got on super sale last fall laying around, so I mixed it up with the starter soil.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yeah. Big outdoor grows call for top soil by the yard if you dont have access to that fun farm stuff. Hopefully it doesnt snow in september this year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And I'm going to cull these down to 24 before they get transplanted. They make good gifts

12. Yeah, let's get some of that global warming over here.

13. not to mention u get to keep the better half without wasting the rest.

Rite. Blizzards in texas and our skeleton of a president spending trillions to "combat global warming". Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sorry I wasn’t paying attention to plant count. Just thought it was a funny question

• Like Like x 1
  15. Why?

16. Got some breakthroughs already. Seems all very good so far. Got all the way up to 80% humidity with the totes. 20210317_214539.jpg 20210317_214703.jpg 20210317_214518.jpg
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  17. That’s the soil I’ve been using ever since I started growing. So when I saw MICHIGAN I said oh yea baby m3. No offense to op or anyone on here but more solo cups then I can count in a picture means nothing to me. Doesnt peak my interest. And the majority of the time someone growing that much can’t tend to it properly, or they’ll just let it grow and so be it. But anyway, best of luck and enjoy!

18. Ive been using m3 since the start too. M3, roots organic, and perlite all mixed equal parts. M3 on its own holds way to much water. Michigan is usually lucky to get weather that will let plants finish long enough to make hash. Definitely not known for stellar outdoor buds lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Each one will be a monster that gets complete attention. You're gonna love it.

20. I'm known for stellar outdoor buds... Plenty of strains finish fast enough for michigan.

• Like Like x 1