Opinions on hot sauce?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Smokesignals420, Jan 20, 2021.

1. #1 Smokesignals420, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    I personally love hot sauce and use whenever I crave a kick. I just had a pizza with no toppings from the freezer and hot sauce totally saved it. You might have to test different kinds to make sure flavors don’t clash, but totally worth it.

I also recommend a splash on your mac and cheese if it gets boring!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I hate the taste and smell of it, I love very spicy foods tho.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I don’t prefer it most of the time as I just use sliced peppers for added heat but.... I’m planning on having a variety of peppers this summer and I’ve flirted with the idea of making a couple hot sauce concoctions.

Dave? No, Daves not here man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I Love it TBH! Ya Girl Always Has a Bottle on Me in My Purse or W/E Lol because I Put it on My Chicken an Also Tacos an Some Other Foods Too. I Love Spicy Food. Like Wind Chaser Said tho Sliced Peppers Work Well Too:)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  5. I used to keep a stock of various hot sauces at home, ranging in their heats and flavours. I'm not a ridiculous spice fiend though - I like to keep my tastebuds and enjoy the flavours.

But while I still love to try new ones, I rarely buy them anymore. Instead, I just use sambal oelek. It packs the heat, but without the acidity of a standard hot sauce that alters the flavours of the dish.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Never cared for hot sauce, but my grandma made her own from some very hot, tiny red peppers she grew. She'd stuff a jar with peppers, pour hot vinegar over them and set the jars in a pot of hot water on the stove before sealing them. Then they sat in the cupboard for a couple weeks. Two drops on a pile of grits was more than sufficient! :eek2:

My sons, however, LOVE hot sauce and there are a half dozen bottles of various brands in the spice cabinet.

Besides spicing up your food, hot sauce has been found to treat cannabinoid hyperemesis (vomiting from way too much cannabis :sick: - it's rather rare, but it can happen). The capsaicin in the hot sauce goes through your skin and binds to TRPV1 receptors which somehow stops the vomiting. (FYI- hot showers or baths also help with cannabinoid hyperemesis- they don't know why that works, either. :confusedalt: )

Trick of the Trade: Topical Treatment of Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome
    Trick of the Trade: Topical Treatment of Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I love hot sauce, although I no longer can eat it due to what it does to my tum tum

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. A couple of current favorites are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I save my Carolina Reaper sauce for my special dishes and have made 50? dishes by now
    and still I'm navigating that Caroling Reaper, half an inch of dried chilli finger is enough
    often I forget and am reduced to begging my neighbor for his shitty home brew beer ...lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. make your own, a bottle of your favorite ketchup drop the chilli beans into hot water 2 mins then scrap the flesh to the ketchup.. stir.. heat and bottle

so easy who Buys these days...?

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. I do make my own sometimes but me personally I don't/wouldn't use ketchup.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. I myself LOVE Dave's ghost pepper hot sauce it's amazing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dave's is a really good line of hot sauce. Ghost pepper and Scorpion are my go to sauces. My wife picked up a bottle 357 in Missouri on her way home one time and it too is a good go to hot sauce. The Dave's Gourmet line seems to be just centered around just really hot whereas the 357 actually has tastes that accent my food.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Try Lingmans, 1st taste, wow, thats sweet, then, wow, thats HOT!
    Its good!

SGN0596.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I'll look for it. Thanks! I love sweet and hot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I love hot sauce, you got to have a bunch of them for different foods.
    I'm not into the stupid hot sauces though, I'm a big wuss.
    We have Carolina reaper almonds here, a few of those kicked my ass.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Love the taste but I cant really do it anymore. The older I get the less I can handle, it's upsetting

18. I too am an enjoyer of the hot sauce although not too hot and my nose runs like a motherfucker with spicy food but I still enjoy it. And I've done the pizza combo before myself, it's good! Even better if it's buffalo chicken on there.

19. I make my own. Here's what I have going now. The peppers are organically grown in my own no till mix. They are Hungarian wax peppers, Tabasco pepper and Jalapeno peppers. This is 4-1/2 gallon jars fermenting. I find this mix much better than commercially bottled hot sauces.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. I Wish I Could Try Yours Tim I Bet It Fire ;)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1