Old shed new grow room ? Lookinl

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Squeeta, Mar 13, 2021.

1. I am converting my shed into my grow room. It is 8ft high 9 ft wide and 12.5 long. I can legally grow 36 plants, I know that is out of reach for the shed size. I would like ideas, floor plans, suggestions or just general input on how to design it for best use of space and max plants and yields. So fire em at. Me farmers. And thanks in advance.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. What's the main goal? Fast turns? Whatcha after?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Split it in half. Alternate the sides on a 8-10 week cycle.
    Organic 15 gallon SIPs (self Irragating planters)
    This setup you just plant and stand back for 8-10 weeks while it vegges then flip the lights to 8-10 weeks of flower. The other side is on the opposite cycle so your harvesting every 8-10 weeks.
    Can set your own cycle depending on strains run and the degree of ripeness you like.

Set up 1/3 the space as veg stage and the rest is the flower room.
    Lots of possibilities.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. My goal is to grow a decent amount of good weed for me and the roomies as cost efficient as possible I guess

Sent from my LM-K500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. i bought a 8x10 shed i use it both tools, storage & growing. I built a loft shelf and converted the underside into a grow room that is roughly 2.5x6 been using it for 2 years now. My advice is to make sure you insulate it well and make surfaces highly reflective plus dont forget to get bright lights and lots of air moving

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. you can grow that amount and more in a 4x4 tent!

in your shed you have enough room for anything but if you want to easiest, fastest, way to grow personal usage you can't beat doing autos.
    make sure your shed is nice and insulated and clean. paint it flat white. (regardless of how you decide to design the space). Than for autos hand a light or two and put plants under lights. set lights too run 20/4 or 24/0 and if needed add a small humidifier or dehumidifier or small heater or portable A/C to correct your environment and water plants. no need for separate veg and flowering spaces, no need for light schedules. same space you can germinate, veg, flower. only need a separate space for drying / curing.
    done. easy peasy and no need to over complicate things. you could even just make it easier yet and put a tent up inside the shed - instant enclosed, clean reflective room.

or go full out and separate into 2 rooms as BrassNwood said if you want to do photos.

also, depending on location and your climate, will dictate how much insulating and sealing of the shed and heat/cooling you will need to do make it a good environment inside the shed to sustain your grow. it's more challenging than the relatively stable and more controllable environment inside a house.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Here's what I did in Colorado
    You might get some ideas and insight. Since completing the shed I have replaced the HID lights with 4 Spider Farmer 1000s. The bloom area hold 2 plants SCROGed. Average yield is 24 ounces per harvest.

#1 & 2
    GROW ROOM BUILD

GROW ROOM BUILD

HOME GROW BUILD

HOME GROW BUILD

• Like Like x 1