New law preventing USPS From Shipping Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 1fromsfca, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Meant to reduce child tobacco vaping, but still, will affect all online shops. The law takes effect March, but grants additional 180 days to work out how to implement.

Apparently, UPS and FedEx are also following the order.

Id love to know how vape purveyors are going to respond, or should I start stockpiling?

2. Surely they'll just ID people when delivering the packages??? That's what they do over here in the UK on anything that's 18+ to an extent :confused_2: it's mainly alcohol, tobacco, vapes ect :laughing: it's just to stop kids buying them

3. na packages are typically left on the door step in the states, don't even see the delivery guy half the time. honestly tho they will probably just not label what they are shipping. it's just another fuckin box at the end of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My cigar company just went to sign at the door. They just left them for years

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. UPS man does same for my cigars....we can only hope

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I would stock up now, companies in the US aren’t going to be very interested in violating federal law. From the way the law reads all shipments will be ceased except to businesses.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The whole "it's to protect the kids" rhetoric with vaping is one of the slimiest things I've ever seen. All these politicians going after a much safer alternative to cigarettes. There's literally since day 1 been laws making it illegal for kids to vape. Ordering online you already have to verify your age by showing your ID. How is that not enough?

The best argument they could probably come up with is "what if they steal their parents ID and credit card" What if? Then that kid not only bought underage, but stole, and more or less committed fraud. I think that's enough legal crap with it. But no it needs to be ruined for everyone because of that unlikely scenario. 99% or more of kids that get vapes are going to just have an older sibling or friend get it for them.

This country has become so fucking pussified. And the most ironic thing is I guarantee you big tobacco is benefiting from this. What a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. No online stores are shipping vape products any longer....bummer.

9. Can you repeat the question again?...

Good day, have fun!! :D

10. Doesn't matter...we can n o longer buy any vaporizers or parts online.

I had wanted to get another Sai top air flow and no one is shipping.

11. M'well, it's still possible to walk directly to the store... Right??

Somehow...

« I told you so just doesn't quite say it! » :coffee:

Good day, have fun!! :D

12. Post proof if it's true.

13. #13 TayeMega, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    I just went to the Pax store to order a PAX 3 and during checkout, this came up:

"PLEASE NOTE: Ship speed is dependent on successful age verification. Once your age is verified, your order will process and ship within 24 hours, Monday-Friday. PAX does not ship orders on weekends or holidays. For the fastest processing and ship speeds, we recommend completing the age verification process on your account page prior to placing your order or shortly after completing your transaction."

Here's the link: Support | PAX

I can only assume that other websites are probably doing the same thing. If you used Coinbase, freelance websites, etc, you should be used to this process.

Basically, they will still ship it to you but you must verify age first before shipping. I hate going through this for identity theft and fraud purposes, but as long as you use a respectable site when ordering your vapes, this should not be too big of an inconvenience.

EDIT: Started visiting other sites and OP is right, most sites are only doing face to face. Even eBay has removed them. Looks like PAX is one of the few.

14. My local Vape store owner is feeling the pinch. First was USPS. Then the other biggies, Fed-Ex,UPS,etc joined in. For now she has to use 'alternate' shipping. Whatever that means. Barely survived the whole lock down bullshit and now business owners can not get stuff delivered. More totally useless Democrat "Regulations" for our own "Safety". When are people gonna get tired enough of being hogtied by our own government to say enough??

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unless you're underage I'm not sure how it's an issue (if true).

16. If I understand correctly it would stop online vape sales so you could only buy in a store in person. It would affect everyone. Online is much easier and better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I personally have never ordered one online, only in store. It also gives USPS half a year to find a solution to underage orders if I understand correctly.

18. I don't see what "solution" they're expected to give to an already solved problem when they check IDs as is. I mean I guess they could check at the door too? That would be a problem for many too but better than completely banning them I guess. Stupid none the less. For many people going to a vape shop could be a big inconvenience whether there's not one nearby, they're disabled or don't have a car and plus there's less choices and competition.

I mean personally it doesn't really affect me much. I gave up vaping and just stick to an occasional cigar or cigarillo. But having freedoms taken away whether they matter to me or not, they do matter to me. I can go on amazon right now and order a sword or a crossbow and not be IDed but being IDed for a vape juice isn't enough to these people? It just doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1