Need the saturation point of MCT oil

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Gdub51, Aug 28, 2019.

1. I'm a home grower and medical user looking for ways to make my relatively "weak" material (+ - 12% THC) into powerful medicine for Ankylosing Spondylitis. I've settled on MCT (Medium Chain Triglicerides) oil (usully made from coconut oil ) as my carrier. I've asked this question before and gotten nothing back but that persons favorite recipe. I'm interested if anyone out there has tried double or more exposures of previously exposed oil over a fresh batch of flower in order to increase potency. I'm not looking for any new recipe's. I'm not looking at alternative bases. I'm only interested is someone has tried the multiple exposure technique with whatever carrier to increase potency. I' looking also for anyone knowing about any "saturation" point for MCT oil, or any other base, at which it can no longer take on more regardless of the number of extractions. ANYBODY?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Not exactly what you wanted, but I'm ANYBODY. I have never tried what you're proposing. The one thing I do know is that repeated washes with MCT oil will gradually pick up less and less of your cannanbinoids. A rinse with fresh oil is desired. I don't think a triple pass with fresh material, and the same oil each time will be satisfactory. I think you would be better served by making an alcohol based tincture. You can reduce your tincture to your desired concentration then do a transfer to your oil.
    I know this is not what you wanted, another idea for a base. I don't think you will increase the potency appreciably with repeated passes through the oil, I also think your oil will be dilute and unsatisfactory as medicine.
    Again- you don't want other ideas, but shaking your cannabis for keif concentrates the good stuff. Also blasting will extract the THC then your transfer to your oil.
    Good luck. Please tell us what you do and how it works so we're not clueless when another toker asks the same question.

• Like Like x 1
  3. As joker suggested Concentrate your cannabis rather then trying to concentrate your oil by repeated processing with new material. What you'll get is more and more degraded cannabinoids with each pass you make.
    We use this to make sleeper oil for insomniacs. Heat , Freeze, Heat, Freeze is how we degrade for sleeper grade oil.
    My 2 cents..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks, Joker for your considered reply. I know the process works by experiment. The double and then triple exposed MCT are each more powerful than the last but I was interested in the saturation point. I know this is really a scientific question that probably can only be answered by a botanist or chemist with a laboratory to test the results. As you have ascertained I am a medical user needing higher doses and more regularly than most. (50 OZ./year) (Ankylosing Spondylitis with Lumbar and neck Stenoses) My alcohol-based reductions suffer from weak material and by the time they are reduced to useable amounts tastes like dirt and an entire tablespoon of the maple syrup consistency is required to be held sublingually till absorbed (ten minutes). YUCH!
    Now, of course, you say "WELL YOU'VE GOTTA IMPROVE YOUR GROW BUDDY!!" Well, I'm working on that.
    The Biggest Discovery to share from this year's class is that the new "FEED THE SOIL" approach to amendments has made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!! Brewing "compost tea" to make feed water is the bomb! I'll put out the recipe with a harvest report in November. The tea feeding seems to not only produce the most abundant sticky flowers but such robust plants that bugs don't touch and diseases made no appearance. Looks like discovering electricity after burning wood all this time! The topsoil becomes hard like a plate with ryzhomes. I wonder if it can be overdone with the ryzhomes choking out the plant's roots but all looks happier than ever with those treated this way. I'll list the parts and describe the brewing method separately. Even with the worst weather since I started growing four years ago, it looks like this will be a prized harvest. I've just pulled some Gorilla( Bomb that got shocked somehow and turned into 16" tall Bonzai little monsters. Tiny but heavy with trichomes. Be ready to sample next week.....can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's good to know the triple pass tech works. That will help the next blade. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Speaking of Blades, one trick I should share is if you use a Magic Butter machine, to change the blade. I took off the knife-edged blade and installed one I made by straightening an L braket into a flat blade and attaching it to the machine. The grind is less fine and easier to filter off the unwanted solids which, especially working with weak material makes for a big difference. The machine struggles at first with the dull blade struggling to get thru the material but after a few moments of shaking calms down as the material breaks down. Try making our own blade today! But be careful, don't get cut!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm liking MCT the best because of the poor results of the RSO. I'm CA so I'm handicapped by the alcohol I can purchase. I use 151 rum as using the 91% isopropyl alcohol leaves a chemical taste as well and the rum is food meant for consumption. My resulting oil takes a tablespoon full (not the half a grain of rice that RS claims) of black ash goo to achieve the desired result. But now with my triple infused MCT I can add one OZ to any drink and it goes down NOW with no taste or I add vanilla and then it can be taken directly. Plus if you read up on MCT it is the best for your body of any oil so ingesting more of it is a healthy practice providing energy without easily being converted to fat. Try it you'll like it!!
    Sleeper oil is what I'm after BN. I'd be grateful for more info about your Heat/Freeze method.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

A little reading material. The first 2 threads are mine and the 3rd is the source of the hash recipe I use.

Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

5 grams Kief, Hash, Concentrates, Powdered buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional removes gritty mouth feel)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (omit if you skipped the freeze)

I use 160 micron dry ice Kief to make them.
    [​IMG]
    Been making the same capsules for several years now as it's the most potent recipe I've found.
    [​IMG]
    Somewhere over 30,000 caps made and consumed over the last 8 years.
    Each cap is in the 80mg range.

I make an RSO version from the leftover bud scraps when I'm done shaking it for kief. I use a 3 gallon pot still to get our 120 proof everclear up in the 180 proof range for use as extracting alcohol. Gotta love our nanny state Ca.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3 rounds of major surgery left me in considerable permanent pain that cannabis stops better then opiates do.
    As a result I sought out and feel I've found and create some of the most potent cannabis meds possible to make at home with a minimum of costly equipment.

BNW