My progress...

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Santiago_and_Dunbar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. I hear no till is where it’s at. May dabble in it myself eventually as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. For sure, I’m not jumping right in, I’ve been enjoying using my bottled nutrients, plants seem happy with them so far too, and the organics section is intimidating lol. I’m only able to do a few runs a year so I’m not sure if no till would be a waste of time if I’m just going to be pitching the soil anyway (summertime is out of the question, unfortunately, between the heat and the volatile weather it would do my head in I think lol).

• Like Like x 1
  3. The lineup does seem solid, they have a “Roman” schedule too which adds about another ten bottles to the routine but it takes me long enough to feed as is lol.
    09BCD4E6-542E-464D-89E3-7B8E8FC7FD9B.jpeg
    That’s a lot of juice lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Good morning!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Good morning! Keeping my heater turned off in the grow for a few hours drops the temp to only 58f/14.4c, this is fine and about where I’d like it to get a bit of color on the ladies. I follow a fella on IG that’s also growing Hulkberry, he’s well into flower on his and the colors are really nice. Beautiful purple fade in the leaves and frost upon frost. Hope I make it to that point gracefully, lol.

I’ve got to take the long drive to get water today, the girls are going to need it but it’s so cold I’m tempted to just use tap today. Hoping to be able to start Bio-Flores.

0F439669-7CFD-401D-A9DF-E3ACC4A927BD.jpeg
    F1D666B1-93EA-4055-A422-A5C7137AA7DF.jpeg
    25EFDB7F-FF90-4E8B-B992-5311C5559A9A.jpeg
    9155A808-1E41-421A-80B0-0A53BC18DC8E.jpeg

Same to you! I appreciate you stopping in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. well when you find a good no till recipe, lemme know.... i need to make a few trash can barrels worth of good fortified soil for the summer.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. No-Till Gardening: Revisited

This one is great too, so much information to wade through it gets a bit overwhelming lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Can see the frost starting to hit :yay:

• Like Like x 3
  9. I sounded like Ric Flair when I saw it, lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. see my thing is i want actual directions lol i have seen recipes but everyone makes it like grandma...... little bit of this, some of that, scoop of this.... etc...... sooo i dont want to risk a HOT HOT soil lol..... i need it for a 4x10 bed.... i may just till the dirt, add amendments, re till it, let cook for a month, then re add some and till again..... then when ready, plant them out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I laughed but you’re right, a lot of recipes I find are imprecise measurements. Lol, I’m an ex chef so you can imagine how I feel about it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. well your use to it so hop too lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. Lmao, tried that this run and my runoff ph doesn’t run below 7 without major tinkering, I might need the Betty Crocker version of the recipe lol.

• Like Like x 2
  14. i was always told dont worry about whats coming out.... your soil not coco.... remember the soil bio activity will increase ph and so does plant waist..... soooo 7 coming out to me is negligible..... but if it were 9 or 10 then i would be worried.... but if its going in at 6.0 and coming out 7.0-7.5 id say you are on track with a good balance...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. I’ve heard that too but never understood why (I need to be more proactive in this regard). Papa also mentioned this with his runoff ph. Thanks for that, man, I feel much better about it maybe I’ve actually done it right.

• Like Like x 2
  16. what i just told you i learned from HYDRO!!!!!! you need to ditch the super soil and go hydro..... i am telling you, i am learning more about the plant overall from hydro methods than i am with soil..... and this i feel is due to actual commercial industry has been doing hydro for years (tomatoes and such), their is a lot of research on what goes on in the roots of the plant.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in...lol! Following your thread has me seriously considering giving it a rip, I really love the dirt though lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. well i do too, its easy with a super soil or outdoors, but! everything has its place, like i said i would just get a cheap DWC setup and giver her a try.... heck you would only be out $40 for one at most, and a sample bag of MC plus shipping.... whats to lose ya know...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wew lads, feeding/watering is finished. I started at 1, lol, it’s always nice to spend a few hours with the ladies.
    Everyone got a feeding except for my smallest Hulkberry, she just had water today. Started with Bio-Flores and adjusted some measurements. Hoping for the best because I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing, lol.
    Everything basically looks the same, time for a bowl!
    092209CD-9964-4E71-919D-46904464A95E.jpeg
    F487D1FA-CF61-43B1-B8C6-2A167E7E03A9.jpeg
    E6976165-B32F-45B9-8E32-61B04D994341.jpeg
    D7124967-CDBF-4501-99EE-AF68F4EF4793.jpeg

• Like Like x 3