My progress...

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Santiago_and_Dunbar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Hello, first time growing solo, first time indoors. Really just looking for a space to post my progress and get some guidance without jamming up other threads. Basically, I’m flying by the seat of my pants and made/making some dummy decisions along the way. Many, many, mistakes were made and I’m hoping to minimize my next catastrophe by reaching out for some advice.

3 Royal Queen Seeds Hulkberry (Bruce Banner 3) photoperiod.

1 Bruce Banner autoflower from unknown breeder.

2 parts soil (half Ocean Forest and half Happy Frog)
    1 part EWC
    1 part perlite
    Dolomite Lime powder
    Mycorrhizae

Nutrients:
    Bio-Canna (Bio-Vega and Bio-Flores)
    Canna Boost
    Growmore Liquid Seaweed Extract
    Guano Co. Super Tea
    Guano Co. Budswel

2x4 tent
    HLG 100 v2 lights
    Good airflow and ventilation.

As the photos show, I had a rocky start. Transplanted too early, had to get a handle on the environment of the space I’m using, too many plants for the space, blah blah blah...basically I’ve fucked it lol but I’m seeing it through to the end.

Currently in transition to flower.

FCDC6718-6363-4BB4-9795-A33CFB876747.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Training plants is something that I needed to grasp through experience, all of the guides are super helpful but it wasn’t until I actually began putting my hands on the plants that I came to more of an understanding. Lightbulb moments, I suppose.

I manhandled these poor things...topped one too early and probably LST too soon but they’ve been troopers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Good work mate
    See it though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Got tired of adjusting the pipe cleaners so switched to garden staples, much better for me.
    I also germed my auto Bruce Banner around this time, my smallest Hulkberry had her stem broken from getting pinched between perlite during a tip over her first week, wasn’t sure she would make it but now she’s the one with the largest fan leaves and thriving. Obviously kept the auto too.
    I only had two lights at this point.

All the plants look pretty stressed out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks bro! Definitely running these ladies through the end!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just some general progress before I fast forward a bit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. My routine has been pretty simple, water/feed/water/feed every four days, this is when my pots feel airy and light. I would up my ppm on feed next time, looking back I think I was too cautious.

No major issues so far, you can even see where in the past photos but I dropped my cell phone on my biggest girl trying to be fancy with the camera. She got a little beat up by the perlite (was grateful to have no snapped limbs or anything, just some cosmetic damage).

Fast forward to my first trim, had no idea what I was doing and went with what felt “natural”. Was over cautious again, only taking the very lowest fans.
    57941F8B-5242-4843-9908-B348994DB9EA.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trims have gotten progressively better.
    99B5F233-23E8-4543-9D94-6AC3789DA136.jpeg A873DB79-6028-4C12-8299-72455102E0F8.jpeg DD1DC65E-C50D-4161-97FF-1A33E091C692.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. And now I’ve gotten pretty comfortable with it but still second guess myself after the fact.
    340BEA0E-727B-4633-BFB5-0FB72BDF4A9E.jpeg E203A186-677A-4368-B09F-71D12C3B04AD.jpeg A9FDDEF2-CBBA-42B8-AE14-2E09B8E0730B.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Auto has surprised me, fun to watch that one grow.
    B59006A1-2DCB-4EAA-A3FF-27B380EA8FDD.jpeg 672033CD-457E-4178-BA51-B2B328BD72C2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Finally some changes on the Hulkberry! Is it happening!?
    8A2E77F9-FC98-4A53-A6DD-4AC673437D87.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looks brilliant in there (heh heh)
    Nice work so far bro.
    You might want to hit up the mods and ask them to make this your journal, not just a thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Hey, glad you made it, thanks man! Maybe this can just be my unofficial official journal for now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Had an obligation and had to turn off the lights an hour early tonight, no worries shit happens!

15. I even got home like 5 minutes later than I’d normally turn them off, gotta just laugh at shit like that the universe is funny.

16. Looking good! Don’t hack plants like I did.... took too many and now I see the effect......

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you, bro, glad you’ve stopped by! I promised myself that from now on I would only remove problem fan leaves, last trim I did was more of a defoliation and I definitely went a bit over the top, snipped things I shouldn’t have and probably fucked my yield a bit but it’s been a great crash course! The snips are always calling my name though lol.

18. Well that’s what I am getting at, look at my budding plants and you can tell where fan leaves should be and should have been left....

• Like Like x 1
  19. For sure, I’ve been trying to keep it to the bottoms of the plants but I’ll likely be learning the hard way judging from my last escapade. I really need to be hands off now that their actually starting to work on buds but a great learning experience nonetheless. An info graph or a post could never have taught me quite like making mistakes has so I suppose I can be thankful for that as much as it sucks in hindsight lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. they look mint bro :Love-Plant:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1