My progress...

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Santiago_and_Dunbar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. I think so too, it looks easy enough to learn as long as you stay on top of the numbers. I just want to try everything I guess lol. Still I’ve got an entire few months to back out of it but if I do end up jumping and buying the materials it’s a wrap.
    I do really love my soil though, it’s been very low stress for the most part and it’s nice to see a soil you built yourself create some nice buds.
    Lol ten weeks is a long time.

• Like Like x 5
  2. I bet the growers are still able to dry and cure well where you are. There's a lot less steps between the grower and buyer, so things tend to be done right. When the industry gets bigger, like here, the weed is harvested early, handled by a bunch of people, and often overdried beforeit gets to you. I bet your weed blows away what we get here at the dispensary. Back in the med days we had much better weed in the shops.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That makes sense, it’s also a fairly new program I think so probably just hitting a good stride too. I don’t have too much hope that my state will go fully legal anytime soon but I’m sure they’ll find a bunch of ways to totally fuck the med program to death lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. If anything it will just change your perspective, hydro isn't quite as forgiving, but it's easy to fix when things go wrong. Hydro makes everything go faster, so faster to get sick, faster to rebound, bigger harvest, and ability to automate, so its easy in its own way. Dirt, when done right can be very pain free, and completely easy too, however it can be more difficult to fix problems in the root zone if they come up. End of the day, they all can grow great weed, or super shwag.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. i prefer growing in hydro. I prefer using my nft method too. Try that hydro build I posted (or even just with a halo ring) and you will be very thankful you did.
    upload_2021-4-10_13-31-27.png
    This is what I can pull off in a 2x4 area using a 5 gallon pail. (super lemon haze grown i think last year). The ones I have atm are nice too. Personally, I find it less work and I can skip a day once in a while (really depends on the res size).

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. This is the label on them. Man I should have known better because once I saw that they only had 3 strains that was a big red flag IMG_20210410_163516072.jpg IMG_20210410_163504641.jpg

PurpDoggSmokesHard_

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. True plus they hire MF that haven't grew cannabis in their life also

PurpDoggSmokesHard_

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I’m waiting on the perfect financial moment to not have to apologize too much for the spend lol, I’m already settled on a system and setup so I mostly need to think about nutrient and good testing equipment (ph/ec and ppm). She has been hounding me to get a vaccine shot maybe an eye for an eye situation.
    Plant to pot size I’m convinced you are never getting that yield out of an organic soil grow, that’s a beautiful plant man. I always hear about better terpenes out of organic growing but is this based on any scientific evidence or are we playing the feelings game? I really want to find out for myself because I’ve got a feeling (hah.) that most of the weed I’m buying is not organic soil grown but it is great nonetheless. One grower in my states program does living soil and it’s explicitly labeled on the packaging and of course the prices are outrageous lol.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I know we talk about the percentages being not so meaningful but 14% ouch lol. Wait I am confused by the labeling and how they distinguish thc from thca, my thc is generally pretty low maybe a few percent at best (1%-2% sometimes even under 1%) but thca is usually the big number like 23% or whatever. These thc/thca numbers add up to almost like 40% on the Sour Grape there’s no way...so weird dude how different it is.
    I would have bought that Sour Grape too, btw, I think it’s a BOG strain it sounds great.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. This was very good:
    A792FF19-ADEA-4FBD-93E4-9ABC4FE988AA.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2

11. Hope everyone is having a super chill day

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. THC vs THCa, very interesting stuff tbh. The THCa supposedly isn't bioactive, wrong! And to top it, the acids act in reverse fashion as THC; they induce expression of certain proteins, etc. This probably has a lot of implications in cancer research and the way cannabis is used.
    I noticed the THC/THCA concentration in the George Floyd inquiry and it made me think about how THCA suppse to decarb during thermal decomposition; maybe that man was on edibles, idk.
    upload_2021-4-11_11-42-19.png
    I pointed them out (red nicks). the carboxy is THCA and was at 42ng/mL compared to 2.9ng/mL, so if he smoked a j, you would have imagined those numbers were reversed, but anyhow, yea, no way of knowing that.
    *I am in no way discussing the GF/blm case; this is not a political statement. I only noticed the oddity of having higher THCA vs THC in the blood, which is about the THCA decarboxylation phenomena.

Here's a review I just found; originally I saw these differences in THCA/THC in white papers, but who wants to read that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. I want to read more about it for sure, it’s really the first time I’ve paid attention to the different cannabinoids and I’m starting to think that it’s a certain balance of these things that creates that perfect weed most of us are chasing (half of that likely just nostalgia). It makes me think that these great experiences with killer weed that we’ve all had were one of a kind, that the perfect blend of thca/thc/thcv/terpenes in that batch can’t really be replicated. People blame the breeders (“this guys skunk sucks it wasn’t like that one gram I got back in ‘89”) but maybe this is misplaced.
    About the red tics, maybe ate some weed maybe took a dab or hit a vape pen or something, it’s hard to say since I’m so uneducated tbh.
    You’re welcome to discuss anything you like here, my friend, but woweee that looks like a whole lot of fentanyl I thought a pinhead of that shit can kill you.
    Thanks for the link I actually do want to read the papers lol.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Little bonsai:
    B2471023-D9BE-4469-B700-8C69C0AF5AF9.jpeg 7B07F822-749B-447E-9F61-AA8832CD7DE2.jpeg

She really likes to be dry, I’m going to top dress some Craft Blend and water in tonight after lights on.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. This weed looks fucking amazing!
    I'm sure it'll taste good, later on.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Sincerely appreciated man even if not directed towards me I’m taking it anyway lol.

I hit her hard with heavy ipm before flip so her older leaves aren’t the prettiest but going rather well so far, no criticisms at all tbh. Off we go:

D54E3CFD-A576-458C-87EA-6C65C25EF7C9.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. She seems pretty care free for now and finally started to put off some good stink. I probably don’t need to update so much.

1D8FCEE2-08FA-47B7-9C8F-ABC03C8CBD1B.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Disagree, I’m down with daily updates ;)

:thumbsup::vaping::weed:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. she look good but bro train her! either use string or wire, just get er to submit !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I don't know myself about the numbers. Yes Sour Grapes is a BOG strain

PurpDoggSmokesHard_

• Like Like x 5