Mars Hydro TSL2000 Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Mar 15, 2021.

1. I've grown with many different LEDs with the exception of Mars Hydro. For some reason, I just never tried one. So, I'm trying one!

I have two 2 x 4 spaces, and I've been using one for veg and one for flower production. This is barely meeting my needs, so it's time to increase the flower production. My current flower run will be my last run of photoperiod plants, and I'll be switching to growing all autoflowers again. I did this several years ago, and it was awesome. No having to worry about light leaks from any of your spaces if you run a 24/0 light cycle.

So, I'll be removing the Durolux LED veg light that's currently in my 2 x 4 veg tent, and I'll be replacing it with a Mars Hydro TSL2000. I'm very interested to see how this Mars Hydro performs compared to the other LEDs I've used in the past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Please keep me updated then outcome of this light .
    I tested a homemade one with the same parts and sorry to say it failed my tests .
    But i was trying to do to much with it . As in trying to cover the same space per watt as a hps .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will do! I have some autos that are about to start flowering. Hopefully the light will get here soon. I’m excited to see how it performs compared to all of my other LEDs.

Have you seen Mars Hydro’s new lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Everyone I’ve talked to about these lights says they are the SHIT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  5. I have seen them yes. But not over plants.
    Hortilux is now making these lights ! I bet there the best with there rep.

6. Hold up. You're saying that Hortilux is making lights for Mars Hydro?

7. No . I am saying hortilux is making lights for them self
    Ow look a honest truth here from hortilux. 700 watts covers a 4/4 area. Well a 600 watt hps covers that 4/4 easily costing only 100 bucks .Or 50 from craigs list
    Ascend LED Grow Light System Extended Spectrum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mars sucks. Their knockoffs. I feel sad for anyone who owns one. My grandma's great cousin nieces friend told me. You should have bought the.......

Am I doing it right guys?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. DANG! You're good at that. You will prosper on this forum lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Yeah but 700 watts isn't needed for a 4 x 4. That's really twice the amount of LED power that is needed in a space that size. You can easily pack a 4 x 4 under 400 - 425 watts of LED and smash it with the right spectrum.

And then aren't bulbs like $90/ea (if you buy the Hortilux super HPS bulb)? I suppose you could veg with that super HPS bulb, but you aren't really getting the same spectrum as you would with LEDs so it isn't really a fair comparison. I have a friend who does his veg with HPS, and you can tell.

So does that mean then that MH bulbs will also have to be purchased for veg? And those would have to be replaced too at some point. Not sure how much those cost.

And then there are the slightly higher electrical costs. I do know this...if we would have gone HID for my commercial grow instead of LED, there would have been some months that we wouldn't have been able to pay the energy bill. I have friends who grow in almost the exact same square footage of canopy that we do at my shop, and their lighting bill is much higher than ours...and we run 24/0 for veg and for our moms.

I honestly think the smart way to go is with CMH.

Also, another thing to point out....the use of LEDs in commercial horticulture has opened up completely new methods for efficiency that simply cannot be done with HID. For example: vertical farming.

11. Super hps are 55 here for 1000 watts For a 600 i am not sure .
    No 600 watts do not use more power then that light i posted.
    I made my own led light. I Came to the same conclusion . You require more led then hps to cover the same area to get the same coverage . Or par map . As in more electricity will be used . If i use led vs hps . But i am covering a very large area . For you if all you have is a 4/4 get led .
    A person just starting up can get a hood bulb ballast for 50 dollars from craigs list in my area . And im talking digital ballasts . We need to see a par map of the Hortilux to know more about the coverage .
    Hps are like ovens though . Keep this in mind.. It needs to be vented or cooled with ac . Extra energy costs there .

12. Interesting.

It has been so long since I grew anything with HIDs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well, my Mars Hydro light arrived today, and I have to say that I’m a little more impressed than I initially thought I would be.

The PAR readings are better than I thought they would be. These readings are at 18”....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’ve always wanted to experience a Mars Hydro LED light. I’ve grown with HLG, ChilLED, Fluence, Optic 8s, Grower’s Choice, Bestva, Spider Farmer, Raymatix, and Roleadro....but never with Mars Hydro.

So I guess we will see what happens!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Please keep me posted on the grow .I am very interested what a pro grower can pull from these lights .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hahahaha I’m not sure I would call me anything but a student! You don’t have to be a pro to grow commercially....you just have to have a few thousand dollars to buy the license lol

16. Well, I’ll go ahead and admit now that I am so far very pleased and surprised by the Mars Hydro light. The PAR values are pretty good from 18”, and I have it at 75% right now. I’m slowly turning it up because I have some new auto babies that may not respond well to super strong light right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I snapped off the terminal connector on my HLG-100, which I use over my Rozay mother. So I had to break out an old BestVa blurple!

[​IMG]

She LOVES it! Super happy girl...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I've only seen top quality bud from my light. Is 300w to much for a 2x4? Good corner reading even. What strains are ya growing now?

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. My TS 1000 arrived today fellas and its bright as fuck

19. I hope she gets down to work real good in my second set up, I hope it's as good as they make out, its kinda hard to work out at first tho with the two switches on is for on and off and one is for dimming

• Like Like x 1

20. And bro did you get those fucking awesome stickers included with your light? They are awesome