Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana gives me constant anxiety now.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Zalavis, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Hi BNW. Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried all of these things. As I said it was a tiny amount of oil which I tried recently. Those tips are great but unfortunately they don’t work.

It’s definitely some kind of hypersensitivity. Would the oil from the pill that I tried not be pretty much pure? Sounds similar to what you are experience with the blood pressure meds. Perhaps it’s a similar mechanism in the brain which causes my reactions to marijuana. The question is is there any way to turn it off and restore normal reactions? I also am now having similar reactions to things like magnesium supplements and St. John’s Wort.

2. All depends on how the oil was made. If it was done with straight plant material then strained it'll be heavy with green plant compounds in it.
    An oil made from an extract like Bubble Hash, Dry Ice Kief or BHO extractions will be much more pure being just Trichome heads and stalk remains for the most part.

I make 2 forms of Capsules one from dry ice Kief and the other is RSO style make from Tincture.
    The RSO version is much more "Green" with lots of Chlorophyll the Alcohol washed in.

Radically different effects considering they are made from the same base cannabis. The RSO has several side effects I don't care for at all.

BNW

3. I think the reaction is to THC itself. In that case it would make more sense to somehow tone down the mechanism which is making the reaction happen to something it shouldn’t be happening with. That’s why I believe an SSRI like Citalopram or Duloxetine may be able to help. Xanax helps but only on a very short term basis and I would have to keep taking it whenever I take cannabis which is undesirable. Thus I believe the SSRI may be able to cure the problem.

4. It's more probably #2. Hypersensistivity to cannabis. Yesterday I tried a CBD vape and yesterday and today I am feeling more anxious and have an annoying headache that won't go away. Tried sauna-ing and it didn't help. Not sure if having pure THC would do the trick. In any case that would not be ideal. The goal is to be able to smoke regular cannabis with all of it's goodness. There has to be a way to turn the hypersensitivity off. I'm on an anti-depressant for 1 week now called Mirtazapine but it doesn't seem to turn off the hypersensitivity. Benzos calm it down considerably but don't 'turn off' the problem altogether. Anyone know what to do?

My only idea now is to start with just a micro and I mean really micro amount of cannabis that doesn't cause any reaction, and slowly build up from there and I mean really slowly. In that way it's like a de-sensitisation similar to what they do for allergies.

5. Legal State? Access to Concentrates? We already know your sensitive to the weed. Hash or Kief is the next level up and has most of the plant material removed. The plant ( green bits ) are most often the allergy triggering part. This will eliminate the easy part IME.

I don't recommend very high end concentrates as I know they are Anxiety producers even in me. The ratio of THC to CBD is skewed to far to the THC side. Some of the Live Resin I've dabbed with friends is 95% THC and no CBD listed at all.

I think we should try and get the plant material out of the equation first then we can try changing the THC-CBD ratio.

BNW

6. Thanks for the quick reply BNW. I'm not in a legal area and so I don't have access to concentrates, but what you suggest could be tried when I return to a legal area. Are you suggesting pure THC crystals? I'm thinking it may be better to do some kind of a de-sensitisation.

7. BNW check this out.
    "Desensitization for hypersensitivity reactions to medications"
    Desensitization for hypersensitivity reactions to medications - PubMed

8. More like simple Hash-Kief. I want it to have as much of the original Trichomes intact for the entourage effect.
    Even in "Red" states you can do dry shake tumbling, Dry Ice extraction. Even freezer, nickels and a cocktail shaker, 220 micron screen will get you enough to test with..
    Return is 15% usually so 10 grams of buds will net you 1 or 2 grams of high grade Kief. Made into edibles that is a weeks supply.

BNW

9. What is the entourage effect?

10. I could probably get regular hash, but wouldn't that still have quite a bit of plant material?

11. That is certainly one avenue to be explored.
    You can do a simple skin test with cannabis paste on the soft part of your forearm. Among the growers and trimmers of fresh Cannabis we see some wild reactions to various strains. Thankfully not many bother me but my friends and helpful trimmers have done some crazy stuff. Sneezing uncontrollable, Broken out in full body hives. Crying for hours. Wide open tear ducts. Ants crawling all over feeling. And this is a room of sober trimmers. To easy to nick your fingers with scissors to be very stoned.
    ======================================
    Buy a small piece of 220 Micron Nylon mesh.
    Put 10 grams of good buds and 5 nickels in a metal cocktail shaker and put the freezer for an hour.
    With a leather glove Also kept in the freezer shake over glass or mirror or...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was done with dry ice.

I've stepped up my game since then but the Kief is exactly the same. Looks like PlayDough.

BNW

12. Wait the leather glove goes inside and also has to go in the freezer? I don't understand.

Surely the allergens are in the pollen no?

13. It's a combination of all the major and minor Cannabinoids present in the plant. Some 200 known identified so far.
    High pressure fractionated concentrates are missing many of the minor ones because of the way the extraction is done.

Some list the plant ( Green) bits as well but for our purposes I'm avoiding that.

[​IMG]

Kief is just the Trichomes. Heads and Stalks 90% of the "Plant" material is gone.

I've worked with a couple of cancer patients who were sensitive to the RSO I make and in both cases switching them to the Kief based Oil I use cleared up their complaints.

You only need a gram for testing so sure see if you can acquire some Hash.
    BNW

14. Also I used to sneeze and stuff when I used to grind my bud up and roll it. I wouldn't get any anxiety or adverse reactions back then though, although I did go through a period of minor CHS a while ago which went away. Do you think there's a connection between these anxiety and headache hypersensitivities and the sneezing etc. that I used to get when I would grind my weed up?

15. We don't want your warm hand to thaw the metal cocktail shaker to fast and it will.
    Shake a few seconds and stick it back in the freezer. It'll warm up fast so you need to work in 10 second bursts.

BNW

16. Nice looking hash! For these cancer patients what kind of sensitivities were they having?

BTW thanks for helping me out it's very kind of you.

17. [​IMG]
    $2.00
    [​IMG]
    220 micron mesh

[​IMG]

Leave the lid off the shaker.
    Put weed and nickels inside
    Mesh over the opening
    Clamp it on.
    Place in freezer.

Go !!.

BNW

18. Thanks! So were the sensitivities that these cancer patients were having similar to what I've explained? Anxiety, panic and persistent headaches even after stopping?

19. It ranges from stomach ache, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, skin rash,
    The RSO I make is decarbed weed washed in 190 proof ever clear proof to tincture. Reduced to tar, Coconut oil and Lecithin added and capsuled. It picks up a lot of green chlorophyll along the way and in many cases it was the offending agent.

Once I switched them to the cleaner Kief based Oil that I use myself their issues cleared with in a week.

BNW

20. #140 FriedFriend, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Ok thanks for the info. Hopefully the same will work for me, but I do have my doubts. Have you come across this anxiety/headache sensitivity before?