Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana gives me constant anxiety now.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Zalavis, Apr 10, 2017.

1. 3 weeks ago I had a massive panic attack from marijuana and decided to quit for a week. For the past week and a half I've been smoking small amounts of weed and every single time I smoke I just get anxiety. I'm not even afraid of weed at this point, I just get angry about it now. I just get anxiety and I cant control it. I've been smoking for 2 years every single day before this started. No, there's nothing going on in my life that would be triggering anxiety. Its just every single time I feel any effects from marijuana no matter how little I smoke, I just get anxiety. I can only smoke 0.01g at a time without freaking out now (and obviously I dont feel anything from that)
    Words cant describe how angry I am over this. Why is this happening to me and how do I fix it?
    I've tried other strains, no luck. And no, it's not laced. I'm still smoking because I pretty much refuse to stop smoking marijuana without a fight, this is horse crap that this is happening to me, and I don't know why.
    Did something snap in my brain? It makes absolutely zero sense as to why after 2 years of smoking everyday and enjoying it that I just suddenly cant do it anymore.

2. If you're not enjoying the effects just stop? "Not giving up without a fight" is a pretty bad justification for continuing to do something that gives you anxiety. It's a plant, not a dude that fucked your girlfriend. "Fighting" it isn't going to do much for you. You don't have to stop forever, but maybe a few more weeks off to clear your head and then trying again would help. At the end of the day you are in control and you just gotta learn how to counter any anxiety filled thoughts. High thc and low cbd strains are more likely to cause anxiety for some people. The opposite (high cbd low thc) strains are known to reduce it much more.

Honestly it sounds like you're smoking believing that you're going to get anxiety and like you said you're angry about it. Well that's certainly not going to help in stopping it from happening because you're pretty much setting yourself up to have anxiety that way. Wait until you're totally relaxed, understand that you may start feeling a bit anxious but you are still the one in control and you can end those thoughts it's all about the way you perceive the situation, understand that you're not in any danger whatsoever from getting high and you truly have nothing to worry about you're simply creating fear of nothing that you're allowing to happen (even though you don't have to allow it to happen and you can stop it all you have to do is believe it). And yeah. That's all I got.

3. 1. I don't want to stop. I don't. I've always enjoyed the effects until a literal 1 day flip where I just cant enjoy it anymore.
    And I do wait until I'm relaxed before I start smoking usually. And me saying "i'm not giving up without a fight" is because I just cant get through my head why out of nowhere I just cant enjoy it anymore. I just pretty much refuse to accept that this happens to me. And yes, I do associate marijuana with anxiety now because of all this happening, its kind of impossible not to when it happens every single time. I am angry about it because I want to still be able to smoke pot. I dont have anxiety filled thoughts for the most part. It just starts 5 minutes after a hit every time, and I mostly forget I even took a rip. It just starts out of nowhere. No thought triggers it. I can go a night without smoking and I'm fine, but I hate that its trying to leave my life for good it seems. I miss it. Is this something that just normally happens?

4. Since you say in your mind you know you shouldn't feel that way, it seems to be physical anxiety more than anything (correct me if I'm misunderstanding you). Key is to remember that weed elevates your heart rate, that doesn't necessarily mean you're anxious or have anything to be anxious about.

If it was me, I'd try smoking and going straight to sleep a few times, retrain my body/brain to be relaxed when high. I'd also workout right after taking a hit so when I start feeling "anxious" I can't distinguish it from the exercise. After a few good experiences you'll probably be okay. But idk what caused the panic attack, that might play a role in this as well possibly.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. Sure it isn't just the strain you are holding now? I know some cause me to freak and I've smoked 20 years. As the other poster said, high the low cdb can get even some of the og smokers. Try another strain after a little more time off maybe

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. Physical anxiety, I have zero history of anxiety at all before 3 weeks ago, and I'm 20 years old. I quit marijuana because I had a massive panic attack on it, it freaked me out for a week so I didnt smoke for a week. I had anxiety every single day sober for about a week and it went away. Weed cravings dampered down, and the withdrawals subsided. Now since I went back to smoking a very very very small amount 2 weeks ago, I cant smoke without anxiety. Now for a couple days after coming back, I was able to calm down a little bit, but now that my mentality going in is pretty much fixed, I know I have nothing to be worried about. I used to be worried about laced product and what not, but I know my stuff isnt laced and there's nothing wrong with it, but I still have the constant anxiety. I can only smoke like 5% of a normal hit every 15 minutes to not have anxiety. If I take any rip where I feel any effects from marijuana, I freak out and I get angry over the fact that I'm feeling anxious. There's no reason for it. My mentality may play a small role but I feel like I know where my head is at and there's no reason for anxiety. I dont have anxious thoughts then the anxiety comes in, it takes a full 5 minutes and suddenly boom- anxiety. I dont know how to fix it.

As I said, I feel like I've gotten over my mentality problem, but the issue persists even when I go in with a good mood. Again, originally I got anxiety and freaked the hell out 3 weeks ago, and it made me start thinking "is my stuff laced? pesticides?" but I know now there's nothing like that wrong with my weed. But yet the anxiety is still there as if I'm still thinking that (which I'm not)

7. I have 4 different strains. I have THC Bomb, Platinum Kush, and 2 other strains I dont know the name to. But they all give me anxiety.

8. Ok so you don't want to stop something that's giving you effects you do not want. Right.... ok. Good luck.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Why would I stop? Thats the most idiotic solution i've ever heard. The only advice you can give me is "oh well you're screwed then guess you're quitting weed" "why don't you just stop if you can't enjoy the buzz anymore?" Thats just as retarded as not getting hard while going to fuck a girl one night then just give sex up...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Yeah why stop doing something that makes you feel anxiety? What a stupid solution! Continue doing the thing that makes you feel anxiety, that's the smart solution. Your logic is impeccable. Good luck. And no that comparison makes no sense at all because you said you're having anxiety every time you smoke not just once. But hey clearly you're the man with the plan here so what the fuck am I doing giving you advice that you clearly are too good for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I want all other advice on how to STOP anxiety. I dont wanna hear "quit weed" thats the solution Im trying to avoid at all measures possible. Trying to go through everything else before I decide to give up marijuana. If I were just to quit weed, I wouldnt be on this forum asking for advice on how to stop it. You're making it seem like once you get anxiety from weed, its game over. Its done.

12. I learned that if you can get rid of the anxiety with pepper. Read here: How Black Pepper relieves Cannabis Anxiety

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I see you've made three threads about this one issue. You're freaking out about freaking out. Just stop smoking and stick to beer.

14. Yeah, and have I gotten any good advice from anyone in those 3 threads? Nope. Everyone just says "quit then" and they don't seem to get that I want to avoid that at all costs possible. Also, I can't drink. The second I feel any effects from alcohol I just get very nauseous and its not enjoyable. One beer is enough for me to start feeling nauseous. None of this would be an issue if I could drink and enjoy it.

15. You are looking for an easy cure, something you can swallow or read and fix your problem for you. I think you're barely holding on to your sanity without taking anything. Maybe after you can stand your life as it is you can then look for ways to enhance it. I'm sorry you're so fucked up but that's the way it is.

16. Lexipro. Then you can continue enjoying cannabis. It's the only thing that controls my general anxiety disorder. It's all physical symptoms with no triggers for me. Just happens anytime anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Actually there is something I can swallow that gets rid of anxiety. I have something called Pharma GABA. It raises GABA levels in the brain which prevent your neurons from over firing. Only issue is I'm freaked out to take it while smoking marijuana, I dont know if it would enhance the marijuana high or dampen it. I've asked if I can mix the two before but no one seems to know, and I've googled it and nothing comes up.

18. Can it happen that there comes a time where you just have to stop? Could this be something to do with my heavy use up until now? Have I overdone it? I mean, can weed gradually alter your brain chemistry over the years until you become sensitised to this sort of thing? Pot has always been one of my surefire ways to chill out, and now it looks like I've lost that somehow.