Luckyogs first LED build and test.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by LuckyOG, Mar 23, 2021.

1. #1 LuckyOG, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. Hello world this will be my first build and dive into LED lighting. Previously I was using a few 1000 watts but would run into temperature issues so i switched to 3 600 watt HPS lights.

The current build is going to be 2 builds of 4 288 v2 rspec boards and double heat sinks with a Meanwell 650c ab as the driver.

I was going to do a side by side comparison but after following many grows and seeing the results I'm going to dive head first into my first LED 1300 watt grow.

Welcome back Grassys:)

@Headhunterpipes
    @trojangrower

DSC_4053.jpg DSC_4054.jpg DSC_4058.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. After much planning and research I present... (Un named build)
    I ran into a issue as I wanted to run the light at 240v and the cord I had was only rated for a max of 220v. I ended up buying a 240v cord that already had a ballast hook up. Upon cutting the end the colors didn't match up for -, +, and neutral so I spent days looking at diagrams and videos but ultimately I figured it out.
    I did hook up and test the light as it dropped about 4 feet on to the floor, It was EXTREMEly bright and I can't wait until I hang it and do a heat test. I decided to keep the ballast out of the room and bring the dimmer into the room. Currently I'm debating on how to hang the lights and keep the tent sealed. Once I figure out how I am going to hang the lights the fun can begin.

Attached Files:

4. Hi!
    Very curious as to how you're getting 1300w out of those boards. Are you talking HPS equivalent? I can't even FIND those boards.

I'm starting a new grow as well with a SonoFarm MAXX Pro 8 full spec at 680w, and that's probably around a 1300w HID equivalence. 1300w of actual LED might be too much light.

5. #5 LuckyOG, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    1300 watts is going to be real wattage from the wall. I have 4 boards x2 running at 650 x2 via meanwell 650 drivers x2. You'll want to go to horticulturelightinggroup.com to find the lights. According to them a 550 is equivalent to a 1000 watt double ended HPS. This will be my test to see just how they preform. Before i was running 1800 watts of 600 watt HPS' with great quality, medium bud structure, GREAT smell, and lacking color.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Finally figured out how to hang the lights and keep the tent sealed. Whew... I ended up cutting a hole where ever the ratchet hangers were needed and formed a "cone" to allow my hand to reach up and hit the switch so that I can raise and lower the lights. One of the lights is not exactly level so I'll be fixing that one. The brightness is very bright and I have completed heat testing the lights and the room.

The room with hps and no cooling would run from 71 to 82 degrees F. The room is currently at 63 to 68 degrees F. For me anything 60 to 79 is fine for veg and flower as I can lower or raise the temp at will.

The lights are giving me 64 degrees F and are cool to the touch directly on the heatsinks and boards. The drivers I have mounted outside of the tent and read at 76 degrees F.

I do love that they dont give off the "yellow" hps light color and that they reduce electricity output. I also like the cooler temps. With that said... it's time to pop some seeds.

I'll be growing cali connect for this grow. Strawberry og, grape og, and fruit cup if they pop. Until the next update...LuckyOg out.

DSC_4160.jpg DSC_4168.jpg DSC_4173.jpg DSC_4180.jpg DSC_4185.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1