Looking for a light to start 2-3 auto flowers under for 3 weeks ish before they go outside

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by NorthernAutos, Apr 15, 2021.

1. I’m looking on Amazon Canada so I can return it when I’m done, I just don’t know exactly what I’ll want. If anyone could link me to something that would work and why you recommend it that would be awesome.

I’ve used CFL’s before but I feel like there will be a better LED option? Thanks!

2. Limited-time deal: Bloom Plus Grow Light BP1000 2x2ft Coverage Full Spectrum Led Grow Light with 336pcs Samsung Diodes High PPFD and High Output Led Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Seedling Veg and Flower Greenhouse something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. here man, this came out yesterday

hmm... should avoid Amazon you know. Next thing you know they will let in 90,000 temporary workers as permanent residents, or something crazy like that.

4. Trojangrower, your link didn't work and I really wanted to know what NEW light you're talking about. I'm window shopping.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  5. Looks like a very good deal.
    Photons are photons, no matter how expensive the light they come from.
    This one looks to have good spectrum and efficiency, the two most important things besides price.
    90 watts will cover 3-4 sq ft.

6. Starting out autos require much less power, being seedlings, and 24h light cycle doubles the amount of light the plants recieve.

7. It was a link to the migro channel on youtube, the latest video that compares the smaller 2021 LED lights.
    here's a snap from his video
    upload_2021-4-15_12-20-29.png

btw, my favorite light is ...samsung strips.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don’t even have a tent anymore, I just want to get some established plants before putting them out. Looking at all my options, I was hoping there would be a simple bulb with a normal socket I could use

• Like Like x 1
  9. Samsung strips? LED strips?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. yes strip lighting, but from Samsung that uses modern and legitimate diodes.
    Strips like the Hinflux L09 using the LM301B diode.
    upload_2021-4-15_14-29-39.png
    those codes, those are for the ~2 foot strips, each have 96 diodes on them and they run ~50w per strip. Just one is plenty for seedlings, whereas 4 would take it to the end. There are newer designs for the strips, those are a bit old, but use a good diode.

These aren't the only strips out there, I would like to try KingBrite's Quantum W55 strips, but communicating with them is like :bang:
    Solstix are also nice and affordable.

I have had success with the spiderfarmer (SF2000) but I find it too bright at the center and not enough at the edges (that is a problem with boards), but recently I saw a German designed board that saw this, although they were really expensive.

The thing is, if you use strips, they always come in handy because I use them as top lights, or side lights, etc. You can use one with a 48V transformer, picked up for cheap online, or just grab a 200W driver and use four strips for a 2x4 grow.

*edit, just punch the codes into FindChips or Octopart website, and they will search for the matching parts and prices.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The newest designed lights that I was mentioning are from Crescience (Germany). Kinda costly, but I'd Love em.

12. Thank you very much Trojangrower. I watched that video and thought it was well done and well explained.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1