Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Levo Infusion Machine

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Buzzer777, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Anyone out there using a Levo Infusion Machine?

It sure looks interesting and way better than the others out there..
    I am interested in your opinions (yeah, I make butter etc the manual way now)
    It is pricey but looks way cool. (No! I have no interest in them, other than as a purchaser)
    Welcome to the Infusion Revolution.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's dangerous to review a product or method without ever having tried it, but some fundamental principles can be used here to give some comments.
    I believe it to be theoretically impossible to remove the majority of cannabinoids from flower by continuously mixing it with hot 175 F oil for 2.5 hours.
    Even Magical Butter Machine, with its blades churning every 5-10 minutes for 4 hours @ 160 - 220 F (depending on setting), is unable to get more than half the thc from herb directly into oil, according to posted lab reports I've seen, and the reports of potent strained out sludge.
    Assuming that there is not a special air decarb cycle built into the machine, 2.5 hours in oil @ 175 F, will not decarb significantly, and you'll have to decarb more. Air decarb @ 180 F requires about 8 hours, and in-oil decarb is about twice as long.
    Here's the device you should consider getting: Decarb Myths Debunked
    Using ground decarbed herb produces the strongest edibles, about twice as strong as strained oils/butter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. #3 Buzzer777, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Thanks..
    I have looked into a few things..They DO say to decarb 1st and then use the Levo...It uses some sort of magnetic mixer to constantly stir the mix..still a lot of $$ IMO. I always use my homegrown top shelf buds and even using butter to make cookies..they are pretty potent.(great way to take meds).
    My biggest concern is that it seems like 7 grams of bud can only be covered by the molten butter (in the Levo) partially unless you use 6 ozs of butter instead of my usual 4 ozs (1 stick)..That would mean less potency (diluted) or not getting all the THC from the bud that is uncovered by the mixture.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Get a crockpot at a yardsale its cheaper

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hahhah..Have had my Crockpot for years..I just love looking at the gadgets..LOL
    Thank You!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. I hear Ya I looked at the link too LOL

• Like Like x 3
  7. Every one of these toys have the same basic issue. Weak as fuck finished product.
    7 grams into 6 ounces of oil is shit in my book. All that would do is give me a royal case of the runs before I got stoned.
    [​IMG]
    15 grams of hash into 3 tablespoon of oil is more my ratio. :)
    Now this will have you feeling like fingernails on chalkboard high as fuck.
    A tiny Stainless steel cat food dish for 2 bucks will get you way better oil then any of the spendy toys I see being pushed as the ultimate oil makers.
    BULLSHIT !!
    Ask somebody who lives on oil how it's really done.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  8. You are correct that only the portion of herb touched by oil will get processed, but maybe the oil is forced up onto the exposed herb during processing.

The prior decarb recommendation has softened my view on this machine.
    It seems like it could be a labor saving device for making strained oils.
    Save the sludge, because it will still be potent.
    You might even consider putting the herb matter into capsules, and taking them along with the edibles you make to get the more potent whole herb experience. There are many internet recipes for what to do with sludge.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Buzz have you ever read any of PSams tincture thread?
    He has us making green Dragon using his cold method and then infusion oil by using the GD tincture
    Than we add that oil to what we are making or baking.
    There is a great index on his first page and in his signature also.
    Link Good Read
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Or Brass&wood Hash Caps
    Killer

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thanks again!
    BTW: I like the new Avatar!;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Both Great Teachers and healers

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I saw it and said thats me LOL Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Once I learned to make tinctures and edibles with concentrate I've never gone back. Extraction and concentration give you lots of options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah..I have a small Rosin press that I use for concentrates..nothing like fresh buds pressed to perfection and dabbed within minutes..

BUT..this is some of my "Old Fashioned" handiwork..
    00 Kush Butter and GDP Chocolate Chip Cookies- all top shelf from my own garden.
    Note: The little cookies for noobie guests....I get the bigger ones..LMAO
    10-15-17 00 Kush Butter.JPG 10-9-17.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Which press do you have The Walmart special?
    or did you build your own from a hair iron etc......................

17. upload_2017-10-26_8-24-3.png
    $299 at walmart but I never saw any reviews
    Anyone seen one in action

18. No..I have this one..Also is an E-Nail. (about $400 ..overpriced too)
    Works well ..I use it at 220d F (had to use my heat gun to get the temp correct) for about 1.30-2.00 min.depending on strain. One pass and the chips go into the butter weed trim bin.

I made a simple pollen press using 2 nickles, a 1/2" PVC union (little stops inside hold the nickles perfectly) and press 1gr at a time for the press..;) I use the nut driver as a plunger!!
    Cost was like $.50 + the nickles..LOL

Mean time the Levo is getting more interesting..They figured out the potency issue and made a double sized pod that will hold 14grams..It is not in stock yet, but you could also just get another single pod (or more) and put it in along side the 1st one..Voila..problem solved..Ima thinking..:)

press.jpg Puck Press.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Back to the Levo..
    Changed my mind and bought one! <I Know..LOL>
    The Evac container was a freebie from the online retailer I bought the Levo from
    1st impressions:
    Well built and packaged
    Easy to use, no smell, no mess
    Easy to get the same finished butter/oil always.
    Great potency and yield (took a fingertip sample of the 1st butter)
    Much less green color and weed taste than my stove top method
    Fast and VERY quiet..Easy dishwasher cleaning of the removable cooking parts
    NO squeezing..has a built in Dispenser..*At the end..you do need to squeeze the butter from the weed pod
    Does not chop the weed..only stirs the molten butter thru the weed pod
    Pretty nice!

Cons:
    Expensive ..Even Ebay is expensive on these..
    Still need to decarb the weed 1st for butter/oils
    Only Rose and Avocado colors available right now and holidays are coming.(GF likes the Rose so..)
    Double sized weed pods are not in stock yet..(original pod holds 7 grams of ground bud)
    levo.JPG

20. I just got the LEVO II and fired it up this morning using Vegetable Glycerin as the bonding agent. WOW! Mixed it into my sweet tea and got kicked in the head happy!
    2 cups of oil and 1/4 oz of mixed shake. Decarb for 30 min, infuse for 2 hr.
    Worked for me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1