Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lecithin

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MIW, Dec 29, 2020.

1. I have 2 brands of powdered sunflower lecithin, swanson, and now brands. Both work well and seem pretty much tasteless.

I used to use soy lecithin, but threw it out after reading it had lots of gmo's.

And now I have now brand liquid sunflower lecithin. It seems to have a taste, something like a weak molasses.

I made a small test batch of chocolates yesterday making it without oil, just the lecithin and decarbed sift hash.

Between the sift hash and lecithin my chocolates taste worlds apart from our standard chocolates made with powdered lecithin, a small amount of coconut oil and feco.

I sampled by licking the spoon while the chocolates were still warm and didn't notice much. But now after the chocolates hardened in the fridge the taste and smell is noticable.

Some of the taste and smell is from the decarbed hash of that I'm sure, but I think some of the taste seems to be from the lecithin.

Anyone noticing the taste of liquid lecithin vrs dry lecithin in medibles?

• Like Like x 1

2. [​IMG]

Was using this one for a while but the granules don't fully dissolve till near the end of the processing cycle and I felt it wasn't giving me as long a ride as I should have gotten.
    Both the powder and Liquid give the long lasting effects I was looking for but the liquid seems to incorporate best and I have the least eyedropper tip clogs with Liquid Lecithin. I didn't detect a taste change in any of them and I'd pick that up fast as I love to let the Kief-Coconut oil-Lecithin capsules melt in my mouth.

[​IMG]

Careful shopping finds the Quart at only a few cents more then the pint size. :)
    I do use a lot of it LOL

Edit:: Non-GMO continues to evolve and, at present, Fearn can confirm that their Soya Granules, Soya Powder, 100% Soya Protein Isolate, Liquid Lecithin and Lecithin Granules are non-GMO.

BNW

3. From what I understand there are some differences in the usage of each. One is best for oil in water emulsion and the other is better for water in oil emulsions although I don't recall off the top of my head which is which. I have seen that sunflower lecithin is best for gummies to keep the oil from separating in the mold but I've never checked it out. :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1