Kind Soil Critical Jack

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BobbHimself, May 19, 2020.

1. Seed- Fem. Critical Jack

Soil- Coco Loco and Kind soil

Water- Tap water, 36ppm@8.7pH, ran through a britta filter to 24ppm@6.4pH

Light- Start under 2x23W CFL@6500k, will move later to a Kingbrite 240W QB

Temps- In a basement, swings between 63 and 78. I've got a heat pad to keep the root zone warm enough during nighttime lows.

Humidity- Again, basement, so ambient swings from 55%-70% when it rains

Pot- I'll be finishing in a 10gal fabric smart pot

Nutes- Kind soil advertises as water only from seed through harvest. I'll be finishing in a 10gal pot with 10lbs of Kind soil under Coco Loco.

The plan is to SCROG her in a 2x2 plywood grow box.

I'll be following the instructions from Kind soil site as closely as possible, so this will serve as my review of their product.

Planted the seed today directly into soil. 2 solo cups under a diy plastic container humidity dome. I'll post some pics once she breaks ground.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm unsure, but i think that the best way to do it with kindsoil is to put like coco coir or root plugs / soilless medium for the starter seed, seedling and young cannabis plants don't need a lot of nutes for at least the first 2 weeks of life, and it can be easy to burn them. Keep us posted on how it turns out!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm worried about the Coco Loco being too hot for the little girl. If I start seeing issues, that's going to be my first suspect, and if this grow fails, it'll be the first thing I change.

This grow is for testing Kind's claims vs my results, so starting in the recommended base medium of Coco Loco follows their guidelines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1