In what RH, Temp, and For how long do YOU personally hang dry your buds

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by John Dilinger, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Just curious, I know a lot say to shoot for the seven seven seven rule, 70 degrees 70%RH aiming for Seven days. . But I know a lot of you guys do yours personally, so I was just curious as to how You like Yours dryed before the cure. Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 PoiBoy79, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    I clear a room out and add a portable AC to vent out the window, and I add fans to circulate the air. I add lines across the room and crank the AC to the lowest setting - 60F. I add a cool mist humidifier around November to combat the low rh from the Santa Ana winds.
    All in all I average between 58 - 65F and 50 - 70 RH. I hang dry on the line with fans removed, this season the longest dry went 20 days on the line, and the quickest was 15 days. I pull them off when the stems Crack at 45 degrees and the buds spring back when squeezed. Then I bag it all up in turkey bags for a long cure, with minimal burping. Final storage goes into 5 gal food grade buckets with gamma lids. My 3 year old stuff still keeps lots of smell and flavor this way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks broski

4. Try the 7-7-7 dry just once, see if you're convinced. If you can keep your drying area at 70F and 70% humidity you'll find the number of days doesn't matter too much. let it hang for 10 days if seven doesn't sound like enough or you're not sure it's dry.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fan leaves removed 55% humidity at 72f with a fan on low pointed away from them in the dark for 5-7 days.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I’m probably going to do just that, I’ve done it before with terrific results, And I’m not into fixing what’s not broke, I was just curious if anybody had some other tried and true method. But 7.,7,7 has proven to work for me pretty well in the past and I’ll most likely be the method I use this time around, it’s just interesting to see people’s opinions.

7. I do 55% humidity and 72f because it's the environment I keep in my house, however, it has worked great. After the initial schedualed burping and six months of cure time my buds are still curing.