In making green dragon tincture I used regular 40% vodka instead of grain alcohol

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by mhb365, Jan 7, 2021.

1. I used 40% vodka instead of grain alcohol by mistake in my magic butter machine processed for 8 hrs.
    how can I save the tincture? I was thinking maybe reduce it slowly over low heat. Then redo the tincture with 190 proof grain alcohol

2. This is now infused alcohol and not a tincture. Don't reduce it as the alcohol will evaporate faster than the water.
    There's a thread with helpful members that might get you the answers you seek here: Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Use it unchanged is the best answer. Any reduction would need to be all the way down to tar and re-constituted.

Next time
    Decarb weed in oven 240 F for 40 minutes
    Freeze Booze
    [​IMG]
    Pour cold booze over weed. Shake 8 seconds and it's done. 8 hours is just ridiculous.
    Squeeze out with Potato ricer or garlic press.
    Alcohol melts the trichomes open in the first few seconds of contact.
    Long soaks are picking up more and more of the bitter Chlorophyll and waxes with every passing second.
    Heat is making it worse.
    Long cooks in hot alcohol is unfathomable to me.

Don't assume your new gadget maker knows one mother&%$#ing about making either Tincture or Oils.
    Just read the self promoting line of bullshit on the Arden website and you'll understand what I mean.
    "OMFG you'll ruin your precious cannabis if you even think about placing it in a regular oven."
    What a HUGE Heaping pile of pure shit.
    Only OUR machine insures you bla bla bla.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. [​IMG]
    It's the new and improved Ronco Vegamatic. It's actually a bigger pile of crap then the original 1970s versions due to new "Safety" improvements.
    God knows how many useless kitchen gadgets have been cranked out and pawned off on an unsuspecting world.

Every time my wife sees the latest ( Flying, Toaster, Convection, Microwave, Induction, Griddle ) I have to yell "Down Girl". Stop drooling on the displays.
    What does it do that your 1959 Sunbeam Electric skillet can't do?

Well...... Nothing.....
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1