Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I think i am dying, pls let me know if this is possible

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Helppls2021, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Hey all fellow stoners, so so so sorry for the super long 1st post but i dont have anyone to talk to about this and im terrified. I have had bad issues since i ate several thc gummies around march 1st and its the 22nd at time of this post and was hoping to get a lil insight as im still sick.

A lil background: im 37 and weigh around 120lbs, 5'1" tall. have smoked heavily nightly for about 16 years, and the last four years i got a hookup that gets the stuff that has these names from out west (names like gorilla og, apple fritter, blue diesel, banannarama, etc?). I used to pick my stuff up wherever seedy place i could find it, couldnt be picky but i lucked out and found this regular killer hookup that has selections.

About a year and a half ago a family member got cancer and ive been helping take care of them, and since my schedule is so demanding, i had to tell fam i smoke and they were ok with it, so i started baking up whenever i got a chance through the day (i nap a lot and i smoke to help rest), in addition to pretty much smoking a sneak-a-toke from 12am to 6am almost constantly (i smoke 7-11g a week, what we called a nickel around here, between $80 and $120, its still seriously illegal where i live).

Well, dude started getting "moonrocks" and assorted edibles. I tried the moonrocks and they really didnt do anything more than the weed I was smoking, just had flavors and cost more. I have felt for a year or so that i just wasnt really getting high anymore off anything, just keeping the fiending at bay so he suggested i try edible gummies.

I got 4, and i ate the 1st one on feb28 in the midst of smoking my normal bowl and felt good, although they smelled stronger than bud and they tasted just like weed smells, no "good" taste AT ALL, more like chemicals. I got a little shaky but ive dealt with this before and it wore off by the next day. That next night, i decided to try another with my bowl. I didnt think it was working like the last, so ended up eating the other 3 and within 4 hours, i started shaking so bad and thinking i was having a heart attack, i tried to warm up beside the heater and i realized my shaking wasnt from cold, so i barely made it to bed and i struggled to keep breathing bc the muscle contractions were so intense, i couldnt even open my mouth. I was flailing like a seizure but i was fully consious.

I finally managed to go to sleep, but it was so hard bc my heart was flying and i felt like i was gonna have a stroke or heart attack and i was afraid id die in my sleep and this terrifies me. Sometime that night, my left leg cramped so hard it woke me up and it hurt for days. My foot on that leg now randomly swells, but it will sometimes be normal.

Since that night, ive had a constant nerviousness, my bp at first was like 165/106/p110 and i had a temp, but its mostly back to normal now. Sometimes my ears ring so loud and my arms feel like they go numb or very weak and they tingle, but its in my head bc i can still get busy working and i feel fine or i can take a xanax and i feel totally fine. I did my spring yard cleanup and mowed today and felt almost 100% while busy.

Its anytime i sit around and try to relax that i become aware of the heart attack/stroke/anxiety/depression feeling. Its like im standing outside myself, i cant even watch tv bc i just cant put my mind to caring. I can barely type bc im so unfocused and clumsy. A car could come up behind me and hit me and i would know what was happening but i likely wouldnt move amyways bc its like im watching a movie or something.

It wasnt apparent at that time but im pretty sure that smoking weed now makes my condition worse, it actually sets off a violent shaking spell as it kicks in and the super scary lonelyness/shaking hits me for hours, so i cut back to one pin J at 5am as i hadnt eevn tought about slowing down until i layed off it for half a day and when i finally toked, i went all to hell. Im having bad withdraws so thats why i even do it still. The smell of it unburned makes me nervous tbh. I went to the ER on the 17th bc i was sure i was gonna die, i was crying, very incoherent, tense with the shakes bad to the point my breathing was shaky when exhaling, but i did smoke two pin j's a couple hours before i had my episode. I was sure i had COVID, and weed was making it worse.

There was a cop in the ER and when i saw him when i arrived, i sobered up from the morning j's and I actually calmed down; thats why i felt almost normal by the time i got in to be worked on.

Er did a triage, physical, head ct scan, ekg, chest xray, complete lab bloodwork and urine analysis. I was expecting to hear i had a blood clot in my swollen foot from the super ultra deadly covid19 and I was gonna die, I 100% felt that way, or else id have never went to the er bc i have no health insureance. All those test came back near perfect compared to the averages, my glucose was 10 points higher than average but thats all. The doctor said im a shining example of health on paper for a 37yo, no impending strokes, heart normal size, none of this t-something chem in my blood that indicates heart damage, kidneys are fine so he told me im just stressed and released me with a script of valium. I was embarassed and scared bc they didnt find anything wrong with me, they didnt even look at my foot and acted like the tests they did would tell if i was dying. Im afraid all those tests arent really accurate at all and they missed something big.

This morning is the 1st ive not smoked since this started, i tried one hit yesterday but it made me nervious until i started my yard work but this morning i havent had any episodes where i thought i was gonna die, and the shakes and anxiety are slowly wearing off but it may be the xanax, i still get depressed or something at night and cant wait until the sun comes up in the morning. But this weird nerviousness that lingers scares me still, i can best describe it as being at the point of passing out and you know you are going, but imagine staying at that point all the time. Thats what im dealing with. Only a xanax helps, i even feel as if i could smoke again once i take one but thats what i tried yesterday morning and i regressed back to almost thinking i was gonna die again until i got busy. I did yardwork for 9hrs actually.

Long story short, is there any possibility that im still sick from the gummies? Keep in mind I didnt stop smoking completely until yesterday morning and tbh i do feel a lil better rn, but im still not right. I asked what strength the gummies were and all i was told is that they were "pretty powerful", Idk why ppl like them, they tasted like chewing on a bud of some skunky stuff, not plesant like a candy gummy tastes at all.

-My friends say that edible od'ing is total bunk, they kinda make fun of me and say im a lightweight, but im not really a lightweight at all in regards to my weed intake. They say edibles are totally safe no matter how many you eat bc weed isnt like drugs or even alcohol where you can legit od and die from.

Im afraid ive ruined my weed tolerance for life, and honestly i get suicidal when i try to accept that i may have to quit. Ive held the pistol in my hands a couple times but i cant bring myself to do it, i cant leave my family dealing with me going while another has terminal cancer. Pls just let me know guys, im so screwed up right now. I may go back to the ER again and raise immortal hell like a little brat kid and scream and cry that i KNOW something is seriously wrong and i think im dying and absolutely refuse to leave until they find out whats causing me to be so tense, shaky, depressed, like im having a stroke or heart attack all month.

Ty to anyone who took the time to read this, it was so hard to type this bc i simpily cant concentrate on much, I keep having to retype typos, erase extra periods, and i keep repeating the typo unless i stare at the letter im pressing, Its taken me over an hr. Its ALMOST like im super high all the time, but without the sweet comforting relaxing feeling you normally get. I guess w/o that element, being really hign could be interpreted as scary. Idk, im either losing my mind or ive been about to have stroke or heart attack all this month or edibles got me somehow. Ill repost the strength if i can ever get it out of him so that can be evaluated.

Again THANK YOU SO MUCH for any insight on this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Your friends don't know what they are talking about.
    Yes, you can seriously overdose on edibles.
    A really huge dose and you'll have the spins for 8 hours and spend it puking your guts out from the spins.
    So no you didn't take that much.
    I HAVE and do when I misjudge my needs.
    I use very high potency Hash Capsules for my medical condition and I know all to well the hazards of mega doses of Cannabis.

No it doesn't cause stroke or high BP or any of the symptoms your describing.
    Since your in a illegal state and your sources may be questionable I'd suggest avoid the premade edibles and make your own from known weed as that seemed to be the trigger.

Edibles change from Delta-9-THC (smoked version) in the Liver to 11-Hydroxy-THC.
    5 times more potent and 10x longer lasting edibles must be ramped up slowly as we never know how little or much any one person needs.
    My wife is blasted on just 2mg
    I need more like 200mg for the same ride.

BNW

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. Thanks for the quick reply, thats kinda what i was wanting to know, that it wouldnt mess with bp and such. im gonna eventually go back to the ER and im gonna demand a full body ct scan to make sure there isnt something going on in my lower body, esp. since thats where most of my pain and cramps originate. That and my foot worries me bad.

• Funny Funny x 1

4. Go to a doctor instead of the ER and have him check out your foot. If there's something wrong causing your foot to swell it probably wouldn't show up on a CT scan anyway, perhaps you need an ultrasound to check for blood clots but your doctor can decide that based on his assessment. Forget the pot for a while and see if it helps your anxiety. You may have a few sleepless nights but you will adjust to life without pot. Call it a long tolerance break.​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'll tell you what I told the last person that asked this question
    "I hope your health insurance springs for a good coffin......"

6. I have personally never eaten too many edibles, but have heard TONS of stories and seen it a few times......like described above, they are miserable for several hours, even into the next day.....but I have YET to hear it lasting 22 days.......not strictly from THC edibles anyway.....just my 2 brownies worth

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I agree with you as far as physical symptoms from overdosing goes but the anxiety component can last for months.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Am I for Legalisation ....???
    No.. just because of the 15-40yo like yourself ...weak and indifferent, irrelevant souls
    that would kill themselves other easier ways given the chance,
    still the good news is the idiots go first

welcome to gc

9. I urge you to see a head doctor. It sounds like anxiety is your main problem, and the other problems might just go away once you fix the anxiety. If doing yard work helps, then do some kind of exercise. Hard to beat a good walk, If your tired from work there is less time to obsess over minor things. Whatever you do, best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. When you smoke and eat so much weed, your brain goes on overdrive, just the other week, I was going to sleep and my heart was racing so fast. I thought I was going to have a heart. Attack, i was shaking I was fucking freezing.

It took me around 5 minutes to properly calm down but after the first minute I realised I was having a panic attack. I think some times weed can play with you

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think that you underestimated the edibles ;) take it easy! It sounds simple... but it is simple.

I play in music band and one of my band mates wanted to try my capsules. He is the type of guy who enjoys everything and it’s always up for adventure! He smokes a joint from time to time, but not a regular user. When I gave him the capsules I told him - take it easy... this will knock you really hard. The stupid mf*cker took couple of capsules at once. He ended up in the IC because of (quote him): “irregular hart beat and pissing blood”.
    None of this was true and he actually got a bad trip, but speaking with him couple of days later about it, he still thinks that the symptoms were real... or at least it felt like they are real. He told me although the doctors said there is nothing going on and there are reasons of concern, he really felt bad.
    I think that weed in any form - smoking, edibles or tincture, can play tricks with your mind... if you start think you feel bad, it will get worse the more you think about it.
    Consulting a doctor is never a bad idea, but my doctor told me as well that using weed is not bad (as long as you don’t smoke it), or at least - there is no scientific proof of bad effects on your body, but it can play tricks with your mind, depending on your mental state. Even with pain handling, he said, get sober from time to time so you can check how you actually feel.
    I use edibles and tinctures for pain handling but also for its recreational effects, but in order no to make things worse, I skip a day just to check how am I doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. You have something else wrong with you. Could have been a bad little trip, but the cannabis shouldn't cause this, especially for this long. Go see your doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1