I Build a Grow Room Automation With the RaspberryPi

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GrassberryHigh, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I built a climate controller based on the RaspberryPi. It's an intelligent multiplug; you can control outlets with sensors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a detailed tutorial on how you can build one:
    DIY: Build Your Own Environmental Controller

For the coders among you, you can join the project and help to add new features, the project is open-source (MIT license)
    Grassberry High

A DIY (CC-License) case (may need some update for the RPI4):
    Grassberry High Case by GrassberryHigh

If you want to buy one, I'm not selling them, but maybe some quirk electrical guy in the forum can build it for you. Anyway, the build steps are quite straightforward.

For any Cannapreneurs out there, you can integrate the controller in your home boxes, etc. If you let me know I'm glad to support you.

I got some nice little features in the pipeline, e.g.
    • Notifications via Telegram
    • remote control from your cellphone
    • wireless
    • control fan speed
    • fancy aluminum case
    • sensors for hydroponics
    • Internationalization
    The more people join the project, the faster it will get awesome. A lot of stuff requires money to buy parts or hire experts, so if people help (buy stuff and code) or donate via my Patreon, that would be great.

If you have any questions, ideas etc. let me know!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cool.....I can add 2 plus 4...........on one foot..........

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Job well done!

• Like Like x 1
  4. An associate ran
    wulfden::shoppe::products
    Closed a couple of years, now...
    another unfortunate participant in our Agent Orange experiment.
    Perhaps you know him... a warrior in so many ways.

5. I'm kind of shocked I haven't seen anything like this before... it seems so obvious lol.

6. I've seen a lot of stuff out there recently. Imho a lot of projects are either not very professional or closed source and pretty expensive. I wanted to create something which can be adapted by growers worldwide and where people can build on top of it. I envision things like "social growing" where people can adapt the best settings for a strain from other users etc,

7. I’m love the PI’s!!!!!!! They are so great for simplistic programming and automation! This is neat they are using them for grow rooms!

8. Indeed, that was the reason why I chose the Pi. I think a lot of cool features will be added by the open-source community. I've seen so many projects working on their own. Imagine how much could be achieved together. One Love!

9. Hey Grassberry, stumbled upon this project recently, the DIY tutorial link inst working, is there anyway i can still see this? such an awesome idea! thanx

10. #10 RubisGuit, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    I also have an automated house. This is one of the best things that can ever be done with a house. I like that it saves a lot of time because it can complete various household chores. Also, it increases the security f the house, because you will be able to lock the doors just by using the phone. Recently I renewed all the automated equipment in my house, so I did;t know what to do with my old one. It was in good condition, and someone could use it and luckily found a website that buys used automated equipment for reconditioning.