How good is Dieselryder?

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by kennyk11, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am thinking of growing Dieselryder, I hear it's better than Easyryder?
    How is the smoke taste and effect?
    Please let me know.

Thanks,

2. I have never smoked any autoflowering strains that I am aware of. Desiel on the other hand I love. Amazing perfumey buds. Nice high. I've heard good things about the new generation of ruderalis crosses.

Try and then send me a PM. If you don't I'll smoke all your buds!

3. Thanks for replies guys.

Stachi, I have already checked it out. You've done a great job!

Maybe you could help me with questions I got on DR.

1) What would be the max pot size for DR? I just want to avoid situation where the size of pot limits DR growth.. I understand you used 3.5L pot / plant. I have 11L pot, how many can I grow it it without negatively affecting the grow size? BTW, your grow space size is quite similar to mine. Mine is 80cmW x 50cmD x 210cmH

2) Did you top the plant? Any differently from non-auto's? At what timing?

3) How tall did your DR finish?

4) How is the smoke? Good stuff? Or I guess you might be still curing..

I am currently growing Tasman Haze and White Skunk, so it will be a while before I start with DR.

Thanks,

4. only put one plant in a pot. more then one in a container and they will fight each other over the avaliable root space. keep them in there own pot. good luck

5. Thanks for posting, by the way one plant one pot only!
    your grow space is about double . Of course you can use 11l pots
    if you have the space for them .Half of the size is already enough.
    My plants are not finish yet and the size is about 23 inch .I never top
    them because I like a main cola best and I was reading that for some
    reason autos should not bin topped.[​IMG]

6. Hey guys,

Thanks for replies,

Only one pot.. OK, now I am planting 2 different plants of different size in one 11L pot. Tasman haze and White Skunk. I don't think it's too late to put one of them in other pots.. But I only have 6L pots.. I don't think 6L pot is enough for either strain.. That's what I think and that's why I prefer to keep them together in the same pot.. On top of it, I don't have space for another 11L pot anyways, but 6L pot can fit.. What do you think guys? Should I still separate or keep status quo? If separate, which of the 2 strain should I put in 6L pot? Simply the smaller one?

I kinda understand how they would fight over nutes if put in the same pot, but then it's impossible only for one to take the whole nutes.. right? Maybe it would affect the growth, but not as bad as putting one of them in 6L pot?

Thanks,

7. Hey, I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about ruderalis. But look up bed-planting. Its not going to kill you're plants, but imo its waaay easier to just pot the suckers individually.
    I have heard ruderalis and ruderalis crosses flower based on several factors, one of which is rootball size. Do you think this would be affected by bedplanting instead of potting?
    ( If yes, How so?)

8. what the hell is bedplanting!! Please explain for Europeans [​IMG]

9. Plant weed in your bed? Probably not..

Or plant several weed in one of those rectangle pot which is stretched side ways?

It would be great if I could get answers to questions I asked in my last post..

Thanks,

10. Sorry kennyK but I dont know those strains and I have never grow them.
    May be other know?

11. Sorry to leave you guys :confused:

Bed planting is to grow all of your plants together on a bed of soil. Like a giant, low and wide pot. Essentially a big flower box, like the ones that hang from apartment windows.

Lots of ebb and flow hydroponic growers use a form of this technique where they stack individual rock-wool cubes on top of a large rock-wool slab. inside of the slab all of the roots intermingle. The plants don't die from touching each other, but they will die if both plants try to take up more space than is available.

They will strangle each other's roots, causing the plant to both drown and dry out because of the extreme root-bound state that two plants fighting for space will cause. If this doesn't kill the plants, its likely that rot will set in where the roots have died. This will kill the plants.

I have been thinking about this grow method recently, and the only benefits I can discern are as follows:

1. Space optimization. There is no wasted space between pots, but this imo can be achieved with square pots.

2. Water retention. This is exactly why some ebb and flow growers use a flat slab beneath their RW cubes. It holds water for longer, cutting down on the amount of flooding cycles required thus minimizing waste and wear on mechanical parts. The RW cubes wick up moisture, but remain much dryer and supply the roots with much needed 02.

BUT I just realized how off topic this is!:eek:

DIESELRYDER ANYBODY?:smoke:

12. So if there is enough space and nutes, plants don't try to kill each other when they are in the same pot, correct?
    Then maybe I can keep my 2 in the same 11L pot, let them have a shorter veg period.
    That way both of them don't grow too big and will have enough space for their roots to co-exist in harmony and peace. Maybe I will lose a bit of yield if I do this, but better than having one of them dead.

13. Right! No one is advising you to plant them together, though. It usually ends in disaster.

Its much easier to have two separate pots in case one of your plants becomes infected with something catching, turns hermie, dies or needs to be treated with nutrients or fungi/pesticide as an individual.

With that said, I have seen eight plants growing in a large rubbermaid plastic storage bin. They were all very much healthy and in veg, and I was later treated to some of the bud. It was great, regardless of growers choice to use a single rubbermaid instead of several smaller pots.