Home Office Stash Garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by flyin1420, Jan 5, 2021.

1. #1 flyin1420, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    I haven't kept a grow journal in several years, so I figured it was about time. I started a small indoor grow sometime last year and I'm midway through my first flower cycle. Over the next several posts I'll go back and document what went into it and how I set it up. But first, here a couple of more current photos. This is The One on January 1st at day 60 20210101_203923.jpg 20210101_203919.jpg

2. I just harvested The One, I’ve switched to autos, and didn’t take clones.
    Your plants are looking good, I had a lot of fox tailing and crowning with it,

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #4 flyin1420, Jan 5, 2021
    Thank you! How many days did you flower your TO for?

4. #5 flyin1420, Jan 5, 2021
    I set this up back in June. It's in a 3x3 tent. It fits perfectly in the space that I have in my home office. This is just a hobby grow for my own personal stash, so I don't really need more than this. I bought these 4 15-gallon square fabric pots which fit perfectly in my 3x3 space. I wanted to maximize the space and also make it somewhat portable, in case I need to relocate it in a hurry for some reason. Four 15 gallons pots are much easier to move than one 60 gallon. I put a 3x3 tray on the bottom with a few inches of red lava rock for the pots to sit on. I mixed up the soil, put down some cover crop mix from my local feed store, and covered it with shredded leaves. Then I let the cover crop grow wild under a 250W HPS. 20200622_140708.jpg 20210105_102530.jpg 20210105_102543.jpg

5. I harvested at 10 weeks or so, I could have went longer the buds kept putting out new growth and it never did stop, I’ve been running clones for 5 years Good smoke too,

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've run TO several times in the past and I've never taken it past 10 weeks. I lost my clone at one point, but got it back recently. I have three of them flowering in here. I'm going to harvest one at 12 weeks, and try to take the other two all the way to 16 weeks. I'm excited to see how she turns out after four months of flowering.

7. After the cover crop grew wild for a few weeks I chopped it, cleared the mulch later and installed a Blumat system. I used a food grade 55-gallon barrel cut in half as a reservoir. I eventually found that I had to raise it up higher by adding more cinderblocks under the spool to get more pressure to all the distribution drippers. I put down a layer of insect frass, neem meal, alfalfa meal, malted barley powder, covered it with a thick layer of worm castings, another layer of cover crop mix, then topped it off with a mulch layer of shredded leaves. Maybe some other dry ammendments too, depending on what I had on hand. I didn't keep close track. That's the main reason I've started this journal... to start keeping track of this garden. 20200627_181348.jpg 20200627_181404.jpg

8. Here is a photo of the cover crop about 2-3 weeks later (mid-July 2020). Still under 250W HPS. I tried rotating the photo before uploading so that it will hopefully not show up sideways Screenshot_20210106-103712_Gallery.jpg

9. Well that didn't work. Anybody have any tips for uploading photos in the app?

10. The soil in these pots is loosely based on Bluejay's original no-till soil recipe. I had some soil that I had run through a couple of cycles. I screened out the lava rock and re-amended with some insect frass, neem meal, alfalfa, bio-char, and whatever else I had on hand. Then I combined it with shredded leaf mulch at about a 1:1 ratio. The leaf mulch wasn't very well decomposed, but figured that would happen over time. I think I mentioned already that I grew two cycles of cover crop in this soil before planting.

11. #12 Aezoniy, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    HAHAHA! I already start to like this office. I don't understand how I was working in a regular office in the past. Our company began to work from home since the quarantine started, and we didn't come back to offices because we understood that it is more efficient to work from home for everyone. I recently began visiting different coworking spaces in Dallas to feel the office atmosphere again, and I liked it so much. You can easily meet new interesting people and communicate with them, and the working atmosphere is so relaxed.