HELP WITH SOIL MIX

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Krismarsden, Apr 11, 2021.

1. So I just bought some peat moss and cow manure, I was wondering what ratio I should mix it? And also do I need to add potting soil too? I'm using 5galon buckets and growing outdoors, thanks in advance you amazing people!

2. Hi.
    Is the cow manure fully composted? ( broken down, not much smell).
    Canadian sphagnum peat moss (35%)
    You will also need soil areation such as perlite or small lava rock.(30% of final volume).
    Worm castings will really help.(10%)
    3/4 cup of:
    Malted barley
    Brown Sea kelp
    Dolomite lime

1 cup:
    Granite/basalt rock dust.
    Etc.(some I've forgotten)

And 4)- 3/4" holes at the bottom rim of your bucket

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you so much, Ye the cow manure has no smell but I did notice some small sticks in there so im trying to sit through it, I added 2 cups of lime to 15 galon bucket with my mix of 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 manure and around 1/4 organic potting soil and im gonna fill the rest with my perlite i just bought.

4. Sounds like all you need are some organic amendments. Start with kelp meal, then at alfalfa, neem seed meal, crab meal, and possibly an organic fertilizer like tomato tone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will you be making another thread for the grow or will you do it here? Id love to watch

6. I havent really thought about it to be honest but sounds like a good idea, and help from the community is always a plus. I will probably do a new post and keep it all on one

• Like Like x 1
  7. Also post this same question over in the organics forum and you'll get a lot more advice on amendments if you really want to do this right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I wonder how the cow felt after shitting out those small sticks? ;)

9. I thought the same! Obviously not the greatest manure I don't think