Has anyone done a kratky method in a large mason jar with 3 part PH perfect AN line?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Anonymous96, Apr 19, 2021.

1. I am planning on doing my first ever hydroponic window sill grow and I want to make this simple by using the advanced nutrient 3 part ph perfect nutrients line, they will be in a large amber mason jar. I was wondering that since on week one since sprout that the schedule says that I am to mix 2ml of micro, grow, and bloom then pour in into the reservoir mason jar, then on week 2 I double the amount to 4ml of each. On week 2 am I supposed to empty the nutrient water from week one and then refill with the week two amount of nutrient water?

2. I've been experiementing for 2 years on this Kratky is good enough for weed,

as it does cabbage and other veges well but in truth its just too slow

also the window sill ain't the best place due to the temp extremes

a patio is good but bring her in at night

good luck

3. On the advanced nutrients website it says to double the amount of the base nutrients on week two. If I'm growing in a mason jar that has been using the week one dosage from a 1 litre bottle, am I supposed to empty the nutrient water out and replace it with the week two dosage and then replace that with the week 3 dodage on week 3? SmartSelect_20210418-211540_Print Spooler.jpg SmartSelect_20210418-211636_Print Spooler.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I urge big caution here my first "Few" Kratkies were burnt thru
    forget the overthinking and just use a pinch as theirs too many variables at the moment,

using a pinch every 2-3 days allows the plant to sip rather than gulp...

its the Kratky method not the nutes at issue

cheers

5. How would the plant burn if I follow the instructions on the nutrient schedule?

6. the nutrient schedule ain't for the kratky method ..which as you know depends on the product rotting down to be effective where as you are wanting to use the above

7. Then for the kratky method, what should the ppm be if I'm doing a kratky in a mason jar?

8. [​IMG]
    it depends on the age of the plant too little it don't grow too much she burns

as I say a pinch is all you need!

Kratky method - Wikipedia

cheers