Gun Laws!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Token Runner, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Was owning rifles, snipers, etc meant in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    77.6%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Can’t leave out Philly from last night...

7 PEOPLE SHOT IN FISHTOWN; 4 IN CRITICAL CONDITION

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a shooting in the city's Fishtown section that left seven people wounded.

The shooting happened Friday around 8 p.m. on the 1000 block of North Delaware Avenue.

7 people shot in Fishtown; 4 in critical condition

2. Am I just missing this stuff generally or was last night pretty hectic?

1 dead, 3 injured after shooting on party bus in River Grove
    WGN Web Desk
    8 hours ago

“FRANKLIN Park, Ill. — One person was killed and three others were injured after a shooting on a party bus in suburban River Grove.
    The shooting happened around midnight Saturday near the intersection of Belmont Avenue and River Road. Police said someone on the bus fired shots. The driver of the bus kept driving after the shooting until they crossed into Franklin Park and parked the bus on the 3300 block of North River Road.”

1 dead, 3 injured after shooting on party bus in River Grove | WGN-TV

Police: Man with CCW permit fatally shoots 19-year-old man after being punched near Arena District
    Police were called to the scene of the shooting, near Vine Street and Kilbourne Street Saturday morning.
    Author: 10TV Web Staff
    Published: 8:36 AM EDT March 27, 2021
    Updated: 8:36 AM EDT March 27, 2021
    COLUMBUS, Ohio — A 19-year-old man was killed in a shooting in Columbus Saturday morning.

Columbus police were called to the shooting scene in the area of Vine Street and Kilbourne Street, near the Arena District, at 3:21 a.m.

According to police, 19-year-old Cameron Kates and others approached a 22-year-old man who was driving down the street.
    Police said Kates punched the man and reached for his waistband.

Police said the man, who has a concealed carry license, took out his gun and shot Kates.

Kates was taken to Grant Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

A second 19-year-old man was grazed by a bullet in the incident.

Police: Man with CCW permit fatally shoots 19-year-old man after being punched near Arena District | 10tv.com

3. generally speaking and no disrespect intended but you're pretty blissful. not a bad place to stay imo. once one peaks behind the curtain of life one cannot unsee what they find. it's ugly every single day, none so much worse than any other day, but it can be an ugly scene if one digs too deep.

just think "compost" and life is good. :smoke:

:bongin::bongin::bongin:.. bliss full ness :smoking:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fuckin A dude - I’m glad I’m in the woods.

All it took was a Google query on”shootings” & all that crap came up.

Ignorance is bliss is RIGHT.

edit: we just DONT get that kinda crap here.

j

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nobody is advocating to "disarm us all"... That is right wing NRA sponsored propaganda only... Don't buy into it... Stop listening to all the RW radical extremist media that Rush L. help spawn decades ago... Same for Fox news now accumulating lists of lawsuits long overdue for their lies...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Right back atcha... aka DITTO... :ey:

7. Its a step towards total disarmament.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lets look at it this way . They take all the guns away . From .50 cal to .22 . The ammo industry will lose big $$ just military ammo might keep them in business . All the big box hunting stores will lose $$ . The gun shops will close , gunsmiths included . Then the state money lost to no hunting , maybe archery hunting will pick up to replace that , but I doubt it . There are the land owners that lease their land to hunters . That money will be gone . Then the wild life . An increase in deer / elk / moose hit by cars more insurance claims , possible injury/death to drivers .
    The black market and crime will win . They aren't following those any way .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Another garbage response
    Such a clowny, do nothing personality

Go get some, world changer.
    Gonna keep watching you fail and have zero impact.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. They will spur innovations, ways around the law. Air powered rifles and crossbows are not firearms, they can be full auto. People will be packing scuba sized tanks of compressed air to power such weapons. As far as wildlife managment the govt is already FUBAR.
    I see a DFW plane every year with some guy shooting a shotgun out of it to control predators, they bring in non native wildlife for this area like turkeys and we are overrun. They charge ridiculous fees and make absurd restictions, people are fed up and lots of them are not hunting anymore. Last year they sold a damage control elk tag for this area, 100% private land, basicly the state is making money and enticing people to trespass. I ran into a dozen people or more that had the tag and no permission to hunt anywhere.

11. Another "make it personal" no content response... From someone who's been on GC long enough to have read the rules for the Political section and countless reminders from the administrator to stop it... Threads have been paused, others removed entirely due to the same knee jerk juvenile baiting...

So tell me again about my "garbage responses" and "do nothing personality", i'd love to see how far that takes you... :coffee:

12. All I saw was two blind people arguing about what color the sky was.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seems like another nerve has been struck

And the sky is gray/grey?

14. You need to stop arguing over nothing...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Agreed

But dude the sky IS grey

16. the 2nd amendment is about being as dangerous as the police and military PERIOD.

the NRA fights for the 2nd amendment and therefore the constitution. So when someone says he will take down the NRA, he saying he wants to take down the Constitution.

brainwashed lefty libs believe dumb propaganda garbage like "it was a response to obama and fear that caused the surge in AR sales and military training" no it was in spite of him.. but mostly cuz everyone got a smartphone in 2008,9,10 and everything from car clubs to sales of sweet baby rays climbed year after year.

Likeminded individuals from Bronies to Preppers found each other and their numbers/ranks swelled. BUT as usual the activist media and the tech propaganda machine blur the truth to fit their agenda. If they really cared about gun deaths they would ban handguns since 10 fold more deaths occur w those. Not to mention the amount of blatant lies they tell about guns themselves to scare the weak minded into giving up freedoms to feel safe. That right there tells any common sense person that they are completely full of it in telling us this is about saving lives. This is 100% about totalitarian rule and were already witnessing freedom of speech be crushed by THE SAME PEOPLE....

And you wanna tell me now not to feed into the things that people said these people will do and how they will do it and here the F they are doing everything to a T...

Using mass media and scare tactics to scare people into giving up freedoms.... but ya, the "radical right" are the problem.... get off google and snopes and Wikipedia and all the propaganda machines that give you a peep hole to see through, but tell you your seeing everything.

I think something like 400 deaths a year are caused by ARs and of those 400 the majority are accidents and suicides. Friggin chicago has a few thousand pistol deaths but meh no biggy.

The founding fathers wouldn't fathom regulating even a business the way we do now, the language was used different then. If something was Regulated it meant effective/efficient/strong etc... what does a regulator on a machine do??? That was their mindset

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

If they wrote it today could be like

An efficient and effective armed civilian fighting force being necessary for freedom and liberty, the right of the people to arm and defend themselves shall not be infringed.

The fact is what they are really doing is making it so only the wealthy can own guns. Cuz you can legally own machine guns too, you gotta pay out the wazoo each year and live w the atf up your ass. But if you can fork out 20k or more a year into it, you can own just about anything you want, i even know a guy that has a Mini Gun, totally legal.... We can thank Reagan for only rich fuckers getting that stuff, until 1986 anyone could buy a full auto. Now they want the semi autos unless your rich and have the proper licenses i think its about 20-30k now for a select fire M16 variant.

People wanting any guns banned are as dumb as the people who fell under the reefer madness spell.... your being brainwashed, bad people do bad shit, they dont need weed, or guns to do it.... freedom is a scary thing when you think about it....

Timid men often prefer the calm of depotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty - TJ

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 5
  17. And it was tied up in a stay / injunction before the ink was dry on it.
    Same as the overturning of the "High Capacity" magazine ban was.
    Californians got to buy standard capacity magazines for exactly 2 days.

I won't de-sissy-fy my AR until.....
    Not going to hold my breath.
    [​IMG]
    No "scary" pistol grip.
    No "scary" adjustable stock
    No "scary" flash suppressor. Look alike muzzle brake is allowed.
    No "scary" magazines larger then 10 rounds.

You just have to look at the ever shrinking list of "Allowed" handguns to see how badly we've been screwed in this state.
    Death of a thousand cuts and this corpse is nearly drained of blood.

Hell if I hadn't renewed my passport 3 years ago I wouldn't even be able to buy ammo not that there is any to buy. Real ID required. Background check for every round. Paper trail for each caliber and a round count.

Just a preview of what is coming to a state you live in real soon. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 6
  18. Sorry dude.

j

• Friendly Friendly x 1