Girl Scout Cookies Auto Living soil Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TxGrow89, Feb 21, 2021.

1. I trimmed all the leaves in worse shape as Os recommended and watered her (with water I only got to bubble for like an hour so I hope I don't have issues with chlorine now too). Just wait and see now

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m just guessing but it didnt look badly damaged, I hope it bounces back.

• Like Like x 2
  3. It looks pretty bad to me, considering she was in perfect health before.. BUT I checked this morning and I swear the buds have now frosted like crazy! I
    Don't know if it was some sort of defense or what but the cola is now literally covered in trichomes. Plant doesn't look the prettiest now but I hope something good is still able to come out of it

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sometimes you get extra frost as a defense mechanism due to stress.
    Just keep the dying leaves away, as they can cause problems.
    Good save!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I have been following this grow with great appreciation. Please continue as time permits as how you work through this obstacle. I appreciate your straight forward presentation and results. Good luck with your efforts Sir.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. #86 TxGrow89, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    I'll try to get a picture up today.. the plant seems to have stalled out on flower production, as the buds don't seem to have grown any more since the incident. I think I'm going to be dealing with some foxtails now, as I noticed yesterday some new white pistals appearing. All of this has been a great learning experience. I had to pretty much buzz cut the vegetation on the main cola because I was afraid of bud rot caused by any of the dying leaves.

(Continued) Day 57:

My hopes aren't too high for a quality product come harvest time, as the plant doesn't seem to be rebounding very well, instead fan leaves continue to crisp up on the ends, even though temp hasn't reached over 80° since and she's very well hydrated. Oh well, glad to have learned so much this first grow, her little sister just sprouted today and is anxiously waiting to take her place in the soil that is hopefully still vibrant with all the great things that had this plant doing so well for so long. Ill probably just continue this thread with the new plant if you guys want to follow along for the next grow.
    20210406_181952.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tried a small bud I had trimmed off one of the limbs that got the worst of it. Stem had turned brown in places so just removed it and the couple small buds that were growing, let it dry for a few days, and smoked it last night. WOW. All I can say is wow. If this little dainty, under-developed bud packs a punch like that, I can't wait to see what the finished product will be. Due to the stress, and the fact I have another plant already going, I plan to harvest this plant this weekend. As of now, around 75% of trichs have turned cloudy, with a few amber showing up. So happy that at least I will still get a quality product, just sucks cuz I know my yield probably got chopped in half

• Like Like x 3
  8. Out with the old, in with the new.

Harvest Day (day 62)

I could have let this plant go a little longer, but she looked to be just about ready. I jumped the gun on another seed so needed to get that seedling in the grow cabinet and pot asap.

I chopped the other at the base and hung limbs to dry.

Top dressed the existing soil, transplanted new seeding right next to old stalk, and watered in good. Threw a few more cover crop seeds and worms in.

To me, this is exactly how "no-till" soil should look/work.

Thanks everyone that followed along and gave advice, I hope I'll be able to avoid any catastrophes this next grow. I'll update the dry harvest weight in a week or so! 20210409_193102.jpg 20210409_194416.jpg 20210409_195305.jpg 20210409_195434.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Let us know how it is and all the best for this run.

• Like Like x 2
  10. You know what they say, shit happens! All in all I think you did a great job. With indoor grows there will always be things outside of your control (like the power going out). I see that you're hanging the plants in your box, do you have somewhere outside the box that is cooler you can hang them? Drying and curing is an art that you will develop in time, but if it were me I would look for a cooler environment with more moisture to dry. I have found my sweet spot is around 65 degrees and 60-65%rh. A longer dry will make the smoke smoother. Great job on your first grow and keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 3
  11. I wish I did, but no. This is the only place I can do it to control the smell and keep out of sight

• Like Like x 1
  12. Final dry harvest weight: 1.8 Oz
    Hang dried 5 days and is now curing in jars.
    Smoke is very smooth with minty notes. Very indica-feel to the high. Not a smoke for days you have things to get done. Honestly not MY favorite, but the quality of this strain is very desirable.

Other seedling didn't pan out, not sure what happened, but it just fell over and died around 5 days. Haven't dropped another seed yet as I'm waiting on a shipment of a different strain.

Thanks again for everyone that followed along. 20210417_143118.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Did you get a chance to look at the trichs on that? She looks a little immature based on pistils. Not being a critic, but I wonder if she went a little longer if you might have upped the yield a little.
    The buds look good and dense though!
    Every grow they get better. Can't wait to see your next one.
    Keep up the good work!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sorry for late update. Got busy and had to take a break from hobbies. Now I'm back at it. Two new plants started, one Gorilla Glue Auto from ILGM and another GSC auto from Garden of Green.

Growing the GSC outdoors this time tucked next to tomatoes, marigolds, and cucumber trellis. Before I get lots of critique, heads up that this run with the GSC I will be doing much more intense training just to learn from my own experiences.

The gorilla glue I will be doing very minimal training and is growing in the grow cabinet.

Both plants 16 days old. Topped the GSC yesterday. 20210517_201440.jpg 20210517_201440.jpg 20210517_201547.jpg 20210518_185945.jpg 20210518_190040.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Also this grow had plenty of homemade worm castings to add to both mediums 16213805631561834270427374272657.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gorilla Glue Auto Day 18:
    Everything going smooth so far. Went with a mulch this time instead of cover crop (chopped it and layer mulch over) so I haven't needed to water but maybe twice so far for this grow. She already has a mild skunky smell to her, and nodes are filling in nicely. 20210520_213151.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. I like that mulch job, it all looks good.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks buddy. I enjoy the cover crop, but it's more work and my time is limited for next few months. The mulch definitely helps extend the time between watering, so I can basically just forget about her for 3-4 days at a time before checking in

• Like Like x 2
  19. I’ve got some tomato plants mulched heavy and they have just exploded with growth. As you say, I haven’t had a water concern yet with them.

• Like Like x 2