Girl Scout Cookies Auto Living soil Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TxGrow89, Feb 21, 2021.

1. #1 TxGrow89, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Germinated: 8 Feb 2021
    Living soil with cover crop

Currently watering and trimming cover crop every 3 days or so.

Will update this thread every couple days for progress until I reach flower. This is my first grow, so I'm completely open to all positive and negative feedback. 20210221_121129.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Very nice, she looks very healthy and happy. What breeder is she from? I’ve grown an auto Girl Scout Cookies twice, both from Fastbuds
    Coincidentally, I’m currently medicated for about the last three or four hours on one of my Girl Scout cookies.
    You might be interested in joining us over on the autos thread here in the organic section up in the sticky threads

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. This one is from Garden of Green seeds

• Like Like x 4
  4. Cool, I’m interested in this strain. :watching::coffee:

• Like Like x 3
  5. It sounded awesome, that's why I picked it for my first grow. For now I'm sticking with only one plant so I can focus on what I'm doing and able to learn.

• Like Like x 5
  6. #6 TxGrow89, Feb 23, 2021
    Day 14. 20210222_174752.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Looking good for 2 weeks. Pretty baby.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I did want to try out some minimal LST. Do you have any suggestions as to when I should start that?? It is a autoflower so I was thinking maybe in a week or so? Or sooner??

• Like Like x 4
  9. I don’t hardly train or clip anything on mine but maybe I should. I would ask about that in the Automatics Organic Since thread. OS and those folks are well versed on that stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I’ll be watching this. Just sprouted 2 of the same a few days ago. But I’m doing them in DWC. But I’m interested in watching yours. they look great so far

• Like Like x 3
  11. I do "branch staking", but don't bend over the main stem. I also use a tech called "ponytailing" which is a training tech that is just done for a few hours here and there. I show the branch staking tech pretty early in my thread if ya start reading it. The pony tail tech is more recent, but just ask over in my thread if your interested, and I will gladly show ya.
    A search of my thread for "branch staking" and "pony tailing" will save ya some time reading and looking.
    Swing on by "Automatics make good Organic sinse"
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Which breeder did you go with?

13. They were given to me from a buddy. He got them through ILGM.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice! I wanted to go through those guys but they're just a little pricey imo. I think next I will try them tho, I've had my eyes on those blue dream seeds for a while now

• Like Like x 3
  15. #15 TxGrow89, Feb 24, 2021
    Day 15.
    Was expecting to see more vertical growth by now, but she seems to like staying squat. Excited to see what this week brings in terms of growth. Happy Monday everyone!

Checked out several methods/recommendations for training autoflowers. I've decided since it's my first grow I'll just keep it simple as possible and be very minimal or maybe not train at all. 20210223_182303.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Right about now,most of the growth is happening down below the surface in the root zone.
    Looking good!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  17. You could possibly adjust your light to get it to stretch some but it looks rather robust to me. You are likely right to watch it for a week, it may have a spurt soon. I’ve had outdoor plants that done that, don’t know if it was a good meal or what.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking good.
    This time is always torture for me because they don't seem to be growing fast enough.
    Like Os said, the action is going on in the soil. It will look quite different in one week.
    Interested in watching this grow.
    As for the lst, I use Os', method. It's easy, and the results are excellent.

• Like Like x 3
  19. #19 TxGrow89, Feb 25, 2021
    Day 16.
    More growth.
    Next time will probably go lighter or choose different cover crop. This was a 13 seed blend I already was using in my no till raised beds. It's a little more abundant than what I was shooting for in the pot. Light currently around 18" 20210224_201636.jpg 20210224_201630.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. #20 TxGrow89, Feb 28, 2021
    Day 19 20210227_163101.jpg

• Like Like x 2